Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC - Gaming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (167501 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Playing Ps2 Games From A Memory Card. / Playing Ps2 Games Wit Just Flash Drives? No Lens, No Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Byack: 5:08am On Jun 22, 2008
pls my e mail address is frankyore@yahoo.com i love to have the software
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by malone5923(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2008
The best ps2 emulator is psx2 you can check www.emulatorzone.com but you are just wasting because the emulator only runs at 10fps but you can increase it to 20 or 30 if you are using a radeon or nvidia card like 800xt wich is way more expensive then the ps2 so you see you get better frame rate if you have the ps2 but if you insist on spending money thats your problem and besides you will need a bios(which is illegal but not impossible to get).
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2008
malone5923:

The best ps2 emulator is psx2 you can check www.emulatorzone.com but you are just wasting because the emulator only runs at 10fps but you can increase it to 20 or 30 if you are using a radeon or nvidia card like 800xt wich is way more expensive then the ps2 so you see you get better frame rate if you have the ps2 but if you insist on spending money thats your problem and besides you will need a bios(which is illegal but not impossible to get).

But the PS2 isn't portable. . .
Also it has been proven that the emulator is more CPU intensive, so with a fast multicore processor, you can get acceptable FPS with mid range cards like the 6800 or 7800.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by mecussey(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2008
for PCSX2 9.4 the latest, if you dont have a vga card of 64 meg, don't even try it
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by malone5923(m): 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
But the PS2 isn't portable. . .
Also it has been proven that the emulator is more CPU intensive, so with a fast multicore processor, you can get acceptable FPS with mid range cards like the 6800 or 7800.
You are right but what is the cost of say a dual core processor and a mid range graphics card, you do the maths and see how dumb it is to upgrade your system just to play ps2 on pc even the processor will buy you a ps2. To even get the bios to run the emulator you must be a ps2 owner, so tell me why a reasonable person want to waste precious money on something worthless(this doesnt mean the program is stupid).
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by kamille: 5:27am On Jul 14, 2008
hi guys!^_^

can u help me were 2 find a PSP emulator for my PC, TNX
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by mecussey(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2008
go to emulator-zone.com you ll find a PSP emulator
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by kamille: 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2008
i already have a psp emulator and followed all the instructions, but still theres an error, its all aboy the not ELF Header thing, how can i play PSP games in my emulator
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by sanjat: 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2008
hey guys!
I have downloaded a PS2 torrent and i have the emulator and the bios, but now how should i play tat torrent, ?? wat shud i do to play tat game, i really wanna , plz help guys!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by shengxian: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2008
hi everyone, this is a beginner.
i really need all your help.

1st, i juz veiw through the reply on the first page for this topic. since then till now, is there any ps2 emulator? i juz downloaded one but havent use it yet cuz the stupid me just cant find a site to download ps2 game for free.

2nd, bcuz i don know bout forum stuff. so i don know where should i ask this qeustion. i just wanna ask soem moblile phone questions. i got 6230i nokia model. i had downloaded few games with its supported format but when i transfer it to the memory card. the phone just say the format is not supported. i got furios very much,

any1 please help me or tell me. i searced msn, google. but i just don know the right link to go into. i have tried many. please email me cuz i cant get into the forum. shengxian910109@hotmail.com
all experts' help are very much appreciated, please, help shocked shocked shocked
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ritchboy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2008
@shengixian
like someone said, dont drive urself nuts over ps2 emulation.its not worth it grin
unless ofcourse u already have a bad-ass graphics card, which i doubt. em cards would get u two ps2's with change to buy a honda accord grin

But the PS2 isn't portable

wrong! a ps2(plus its cables and pad) can LITERALLY fit into my pockets(i wear very baggy jeans) cheesy
much more portable than a laptop cool
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2008
ritchboy:

@shengixian
like someone said, don't drive yourself nuts over ps2 emulation.its not worth it grin
unless ofcourse u already have a bad-ass graphics card, which i doubt. em cards would get u two ps2's with change to buy a honda accord grin

wrong! a ps2(plus its cables and pad) can LITERALLY fit into my pockets(i wear very baggy jeans) cheesy
much more portable than a laptop cool

it's not woth buying a PS2 just to play a few games. if your system can handle the Ps2 emulation, then there's no harm in going for it.
Not everyone is going to run all out to buy a GFX card just to play PS2 games. Many PC gamers have high-specced GPUs already.

And no, a PS2 isn't portable. Even if you feel a PS2 can fit into some extremely baggy trousers, you need a monitor to view the gameplay. Unless u can hook the PS2 up to your retinas, it isn't portable.

a laptop on the other hand. . .

So let's say you're a PC gamer with a Geforce 8800M GTS gfx card in your laptop. You like MGS 3, but it isn't woth it to buy a PS2 just for that one game. What's rong with installing the PS2 emulator?

A dreamcast can be bought on ebay for $40. if i decide i'd like a chance to play Shenmue, what's more convenient

a) Buy a Dreamcast and the game
2) Install a Dreamcast emulator (which runs fine on my ageing laptop with a Geforce 7600M gfx card) and run the game
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ritchboy(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
And no, a PS2 isn't portable. Even if you feel a PS2 can fit into some extremely baggy trousers, you need a monitor to view the gameplay. Unless u can hook the PS2 up to your retinas, it isn't portable.

a laptop on the other hand. . .

a ps2 IS portable! a t.v? not really grin
besides, whats up with the portability thing? its not like ur going to be playing ps2 games on ur laptop in a bus or on a bike! there would prolly be a t.v where ever it is ur headed. n if not, JUST PLAY IT IN UR FRIGGIN HOME!!!!, like ur supposed to wink
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Ritchboy
You don't seem to get the point. With a laptop you don't need a TV. So yes, you could theoretically play it on a bus, or in a hotel room. Or anywhere impromptu.

Go check the forums at pcsx2.net. it's a big deal to so many people, especially people who never got a Ps2.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ritchboy(m): 12:20am On Aug 22, 2008
@Ritchboy
You don't seem to get the point. With a laptop you don't need a TV.

the 'point' isnt really bout the advantages of playing ps2 games on a laptop rather than on a ps2. the 'point' is getting a graphics card for a large amount just so you can achieve 'decent' or 'acceptable' or 'manageable' fps isn't worth it.
trust me, i'm speaking from experience!
i remember quite vividly how much time i wasted in the name of "ps2 emu". all for what? 13 frames per second?

PS: u dont necessarilly need a TV to play a ps2. a PORTABLE 12inch monitor would do nicely cool
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 7:53am On Aug 22, 2008
ritchboy:

the 'point' isnt really bout the advantages of playing ps2 games on a laptop rather than on a ps2. the 'point' is getting a graphics card for a large amount just so you can achieve 'decent' or 'acceptable' or 'manageable' fps isn't worth it.[/b]PS: u don't necessarilly need a TV to play a ps2. a [b]PORTABLE 12inch monitor would do nicely cool

And therein lies your mistake. Of all the thousands of people that have downloaded and are using the Ps2 emu, you'll be hard pressed to find 20 people who have gone out and bought a powerful GPU because of PS2 emulation.
Modern PC games are graphically intensive apps. You won't run Crysis or Bioshock on an intel GMA 950 chipset. Millions of high-end cards are on sale now, and people do buy them.

Thanks to Windows Vista, most modern high-specced laptops come with decent GPUs. Even low end laptops can still ship with Geforce 8xxx series of cards. It is such people that the emu benefits.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ritchboy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2008
And therein lies your mistake. Of all the thousands of people that have downloaded and are using the Ps2 emu, you'll be hard pressed to find 20 people who have gone out and bought a powerful GPU because of PS2 emulation.

what mistake? i simply made a valid point that its pretty silly to get an expensive GPU cos of ps2 emu(unless ofcourse u have money to throw around).i never said people actually do it. why? cos its silly! and thats the POINT! geddit
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by BiBoloved: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2008
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff undecided kiss cry shocked grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2008
Playing ps2 on pc aint worth it.my laptop is dual core and geforce 85xx series.and its not as fliud as ps2 when bioshock and assassin creed works alright with it.just buy a ps2.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2008
TP, i disagree with you wholesale!

it is better to buy a ps2 to play ps2 games. I will even go further and say buy a ps3 with backward compatibility enabled. (ie above 40gig hard disk). Both are cheaper than the mega gaming rig you will need to run the emu's which by the way are still not working properly, after all this time. Plus there is no hassle to get the emu to work.

In the case of a dreamcast, since the DC hardware is so hard to find, it is somewhat justified, but the emulation is still imperfect. Personally I'd say if you want to support your favourite SEGA games, there are competent remakes of almost every important DC game except perhaps shenmue1, on other more readily available consoles.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
dakmanzero:

TP, i disagree with you wholesale!

it is better to buy a ps2 to play ps2 games. I will even go further and say buy a ps3 with backward compatibility enabled. (ie above 40gig hard disk). Both are cheaper than the mega gaming rig you will need to run the emu's which by the way are still not working properly, after all this time. Plus there is no hassle to get the emu to work.

In the case of a dreamcast, since the DC hardware is so hard to find, it is somewhat justified, but the emulation is still imperfect. Personally I'd say if you want to support your favourite SEGA games, there are competent remakes of almost every important DC game except perhaps shenmue1, on other more readily available consoles.

Darkie!!!!
There will never be 100% emulation, at least not for a while, but you should be able to get acceptable framerates from a decent Core Duo processor (above 2 Ghz). The faster the processor the better.
If i finally deciode to catch up on missing memories and play Final Fantasy 10, it's far better to have a playable version on my laptop that i can game on the move. It's kinda why i have Pro Evo SOccer installed on my laptop. All i need to do is carry the USB pads and i'm set to take the asswhupping on the road grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ritchboy(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2008
getting a graphics card for a large amount just so you can achieve 'decent' or 'acceptable' or 'manageable' fps isn't worth it.

you should be able to get acceptable framerates from a decent Core Duo processor

texazz, tisk tisk tisk!!! cheesy

if 'acceptable' frame rates is what you 'should be able' to get even on a Core Duo Processor(not to mention a host of other difficulties), then i dont think i need to tell anyone ITS NOT WORTH IT!
its a classic example of a no-brainer.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by pelsi83(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2008
i have got the ps2 emulator that works but its slow and also select disc that means it cant play all ps2 games.
you can mail me talk2davies10@gmail.com
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Heinz(m): 11:49am On Feb 14, 2009
TRy http://www.epsxe.com for playstation one latest emulator
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by cvibe: 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2009
?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by YEMINEM(m): 7:13am On Feb 19, 2009
DOES ANYBODY HAS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PC GAMES: I LIKE TO PLAY ANY ONE THEM I CAN GET MY HANDS ON, I USE AN HP Pavilion

ALONE IN THE DARK
ARMY OF TWO
BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY
BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY
BROTHER IN ARMS: HELL’S HIGHWAY
BURNOUT PARADISE
CONDEMNED 2: BLOODSHOT
DAMNATION
DARK SECTOR
DEAD SPACE
ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS
FALLOUT 3
FAR CRY 2
FIFA STREET 3
GEARS OF WAR
GEARS OF WAR 2
GOLDEN AXE: BEAST RIDER
GRAN TURISMO 5
GRID
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
HAZE
HELLBOY: SCIENCE OF EVIL
IRON MAN
KILLZONE 2
KUNG FU PANDA
LOST ODYSSEY
METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GoP
MIRROR’S EDGE
NINJA GAIDEN II
OVERLORD II
OVERLORD: RAISING HELL
PRINCE OF PERSIA
RESISTANCE 2
RESISTANCE: FALL OF MAN
SACRED 2: FALLEN ANGEL
SOUL CALIBUR IV
STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED
STREET FIGHTER IV
THE BOURNE CONSPIRACY
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS 2
TOM CLANCY’S END WAR
TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD
VELVET ASSASSIN
VIKING: BATTLE OF ASGARD

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by sniperwolf(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2009
MGS4 is not on PC
I've got Gear of War

Does anyone have Halo 2?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by obinna5000(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2009
@YEMINEM (nice username grin)
Metal Gear Solid 4 is not on PC. Its only available on PS3.
Gran Turismo 5 is not on PC as well but on PS3.
SoulCalibur IV is not on PC but available on PS3 & Xbox360.
Resistance 1 & 2 are not on PC but only on PS3.
Street Fighter IV will be available on PC later this year.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by walex4all(m): 11:27am On Mar 13, 2009
@Codec I tried it, but its very slow. i use P4. What can i do to make it fast
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by sniperwolf(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2009
walex4all:

@Codec I tried it, but its very slow. i use P4. What can i do to make it fast
C0dec isn't an active poster anymore
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by geoduke550(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2009
[b][/b]
pls I need cheats for PS2. Snd to my mail geoduke550@yahoo.com or txt 2 08037113824
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by neowelsh(m): 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2009
Hiya NL brothers, pls i need roms/games for picodrive. Am using N70. I have here with me some roms, i will post em soon. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.