Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary (1732 Views)

Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / New USSD For Offering And Tithe In Winners Chapel. See How Much I Paid. / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by wizzytm(m): 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
Please fellow landers, I'd like to know what "first fruit offering" really is.
my girlfriend wants to drop her January salary as first fruit offering, so she asked my opinion about it.
I don't discourage people from doing things when it comes to religion, so I told her in my own perspective I think first fruit offering should be your first salary of a new job.
Please views and opinions are needed.

N.B does it even have any Biblical importance/ significance?
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by Pusyiter(m): 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ask her a simple question; where is first fruit in the New testament as New covenant Believers?
Question 2: If I pay first fruit, where is the role of tithe or how should I pay tithe of the first fruit (If she can show you scriptural proof of tithe in the New Testament also).
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by 4reala(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
Pls allow her follow her heart, so dat when the benefits starts flowing, both of u will enjoy it

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by Seun(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2018
4reala:
Pls allow her follow her heart, so dat when the benefits starts flowing, both of u will enjoy it
No they won’t. The benefits of money go to the people who get to spend it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
wizzytm:
my girlfriend wants to drop her January salary as first fruit offering, so she asked my opinion about it.
I don't discourage people from doing things when it comes to religion, so I told her in my own perspective I think first fruit offering should be your first salary of a new job.

ur first fruit is ur first income of the year, i.e first salary or profit of ur first contract..

why most christians don't follow it is because of lack of plan, if u really want to pay ur first fruit, then u have to save what u are going to be eating after u have paid it.

jst like farmers, they don't eat all thier crops, they always keep some for planting..

first fruit is nt an easy task, even some of us that preaches about first fruit do nt even pay ours.

bt u have to know that God can never ask u to do what u will find easy, Abraham comes to mind..

if u really believe in God and want to pay ur first fruit don't bother asking anyone because God himself doesn't ask anyone b4 giving to us..
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by Ken4Christ: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
wizzytm:

First fruits offering is scriptural but it is not necessarily the whole of your first month salary. It is the best you can give. God never demanded the whole even in the old testament. It is the best. Below are few references to buttress my point.

Exo 23:19 The first (best) of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

Exo 34:26 The first (best) of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

Lev 23:10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf (a bundle) of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest.

Eze 44:30 And the first (best) of all the firstfruits of all things, and every oblation of all, of every sort of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house.

If your faith is strong enough to release all, then go ahead. The more you give, the bigger the blessing.
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
wizzytm:

Ask her why she want to dash her january salary to men? Because na dash be that o.
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
First Fruits is a wonderful phenomenon whereby a potentially intelligent person acts like a big FOOL and hands over his/her entire January salary to a fraudster parading as a Pastor.
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by segmond(m): 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
ur first fruit is ur first income of the year, i.e first salary or profit of ur first contract..

why most christians don't follow it is because of lack of plan, if u really want to pay ur first fruit, then u have to save what u are going to be eating after u have paid it.

jst like farmers, they don't eat all thier crops, they always keep some for planting..

first fruit is nt an easy task, even some of us that preaches about first fruit do nt even pay ours.

bt u have to know that God can never ask u to do what u will find easy, Abraham comes to mind..

if u really believe in God and want to pay ur first fruit don't bother asking anyone because God himself doesn't ask anyone b4 giving to us..

Sir, I disagreed
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
segmond:

Sir, I disagreed
disagreed on what exactly?
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by wizzytm(m): 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by wizzytm(m): 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ken4Christ:

First fruits offering is scriptural but it is not necessarily the whole of your first month salary. It is the best you can give. God never demanded the whole even in the old testament. It is the best. Below are few references to buttress my point.

Exo 23:19 The first (best) of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

Exo 34:26 The first (best) of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

Lev 23:10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf (a bundle) of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest.

Eze 44:30 And the first (best) of all the firstfruits of all things, and every oblation of all, of every sort of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house.

If your faith is strong enough to release all, then go ahead. The more you give, the bigger the blessing.

thank you sir
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by Ken4Christ: 6:13am On Jan 24, 2018
wizzytm:

thank you sir

You are welcome.
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by PSTEMMA1960(m): 6:21am On Jan 24, 2018
wizzytm:

Thank you sir
u are welcome..
Re: Please What Is First Fruit Offering, And Is It Necessary by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2018
One of my pastor once said that you can spread your firstfruits payments from January to March, but if you have the ability you can pay it once. And it doesn't include removing your tithe, everything including the tithe is the firstfruits. A brother once did it in my former church and that same year he got a better job and got married that year. Therefore if there's a sowing there will always be a reaping, for these things we do unto God or in his Name are never in vain, for he is a God that can do abundantly above whatever we ask.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero / Top 5 Websites To Download Nigerian Gospel Music (2019) / What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.