Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,899 members, 7,956,398 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero (1824 Views)

Masquerade Shouts ‘Jesus Christ’ As Guard Dog Nearly Attacks Him (video) / Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Leads Cultists To Christ As They Surrender Their Weapons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by Stormyweather(m): 8:24am On Apr 01, 2018
Jesus Christ as a Tragic Hero

Hero? One who demonstrates courage in the face of danger or one who faces adversity. 
When a tragic hero is faced with downfall, he becomes the tragic hero. 

There are some major ways to describe a tragic hero:
1. Noble birth: a tragic hero must be of noble birth. This means born of a king or in the case of Jesus, a supernatural birth.

2. Hubris(pride): Jesus christ depicts pride when he had the opportunity to denounce his fortune and call it quit. Oedipus Rex

3. Peripeteia : this is the reversal of fortune that the tragic hero faces. Jesus christ after so many miracles was killed on a cross.
4. Harmatia: this is an error or a flaw on the part of the hero. Jesus with his perfections still picked one wrong disciple. He disposed two men and sent the demons into the pig that drowned. The pigs were people's source of livelihood.
5. Nemesis: the saying that you reap what you sow. Jesus death on the cross.
6. Catharsis: the felling of pity or fear that what befalls the tragic hero can befall us. This is likened to the threats of hell in modern day christianity.

A tragic hero's downfall can also be determined by two factors: his fault or that from the gods. Jesus was sent from God to endure these sufferings. 

The most common tragic hero of all time is Oedipus Rex. This is the story of the boy foretold to kill his father and marry his mother. In this book you'll find almost all the characters likened to Jesus.

This article was written as an excerpt of my then master proposal using Aristotle's poetics as a blind man's Labrador. 

This article is simplified for general consumption.
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by orunto27: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2018
No. He is a Peaceful and loving Redemption for all humans.
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by Stormyweather(m): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2018
orunto27:
this doesn't dispute or say otherwise.
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2018
orunto27:

Wrong.

Mathew 10:34
Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Jesus is not peaceful and didn't bring any peace to the world. His teaching has rather caused more rancour, enmity, war and death to life.

Mathew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mathew 10:5/6
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost.

Jesus did not die to redeem the humanity. He died for the lot sheep of Israel, not the lions of babylon or the elephant pf Ethiopia
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2018
The heroic lie of Jesus has to be debunked all for once.

Jesus was a coward.

He couldn't save himself.

He had to die in the face of horsewhip instead of taking the war to Satan once and for all.

2000 years after his death, Jesus is still hiding behind God and couldn't bring the war on.

Jesus died for sin. The wage of sin is death. Jesus has not removed the embargo caused by sin, therefore we still die today. It mean Jesus died in vain.

Happy Easter
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by orunto27: 9:43am On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=Stormyweather post=66333596] this doesn't dispute or say otherwise./[quote.

It does. Jesus had His Grace to bear whatever pain you see in the crucifixion. Christians all over have The Grace of Christ to F E E L Righteously The Saggar.
And To those bound for Heaven, it's a Comedy, Honour to Mary: Glory to Jesus: Excellence to Mary: Worship to The Lord!!!
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by Stormyweather(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=orunto27 post=66334219][/quote] your opinion
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by orunto27: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Wrong.

Mathew 10:34
Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Jesus is not peaceful and didn't bring any peace to the world. His teaching has rather caused more rancour, enmity, war and death to life.

Mathew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mathew 10:5/6
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost.

Jesus did not die to redeem the humanity. He died for the lot sheep of Israel, not the lions of babylon or the elephant pf Ethiopia

Don't twist the meaning. Jesus too, is reading your Texts.
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:16am On Apr 01, 2018
orunto27:

Jesus can read too grin grin grin

Who taught him English language
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by Stormyweather(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2018
orunto27:

you need to open your mind
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by Primesky(m): 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Jesus Christ is Lord!

He's the incontestible champion, the undefeatable warrior. He spoiled principalities and powers disgracing them openly.

Call His name and Satan faints! Call His name and demons flee. Plead His blood, they all screem!. Oh my God! Just His name and all these happens? I wonder what will happen if He shows up personally, they'll die I guess, hahaha...

You may not understand what Jesus Christ did by dying on the cross but the devil understands it and he respects it. It was done for you and me by the way.

Let Jesus Christ be the Lord of your life, you'll be the better for it. Jesus loves you, yes you OP and others as well. Shalom.
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by orunto27: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
You only talk about my Mind which is just one of the four living Creatures in me. The four are very wild open to receive your rantings, you man of no knowledge.
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by orunto27: 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
He is a Comedy Hero.
Re: Jesus Christ As A Tragic Hero by Stormyweather(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
The poster above me sha

(1) (Reply)

Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? / Big B@ng Did Not Need God / Tb Joshua-the World Greatest And Most Persecuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.