Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid (13974 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC / Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by information1: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
Airtel will no longer be a party to the process of acquiring the properties of now-defunct Etisalat (which is now known as 9Mobile), and that has come as a shock to many.

Being the third largest provider of telecoms services in the country, industry experts had seen this as a big boom for Airtel. Afterall, successful purchase of the infrastructure owned by 9Mobile would make Airtel the number one biggest telecoms provider in the country, catapulting their customer base to a combined 85.5 million subscribers on both voice and internet packages.

According to an insider who spoke to TheCable on the matter, the reason for Airtel’s cold feet at this stage of the deal was because the brand felt ‘many things are not too plain with the entire process.’ they stated the source reported that

Airtel believes too many things hidden about the health of 9Mobile, and that it is too risky for anyone to buy the company. Things become compounded with the court case by Spectrum Wireless.

Of course, it is reasonable that such a thing will scare off the company from making the purchase. Risk management and the bearing of shareholders would have been significant factors in reaching this decision. However, looking on the bright side for this sale are the quotes of $500 million and about $300 million which have been submitted by Teleology Holdings Limited and Smile Telecoms Holdings respectively.

Since Airtel is out of the deal, and two companies have already brought their quotes, that leaves just the last two of five – Globacom and Helios Investment Partners. Surprisingly too, none of these companies came forward with a quote, even as the window for bid submissions closed. It remains to see what new turn the sale will take, and who eventually gets all the spoils in the end.

https://www.techliet.co/airtel-pulls-race-purchase-9mobile-globacom-also-fails-submit-bid/

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
Thank Goodness, bad things would have followed!
Airtel would have just destroyed 9mobile. Pheeww!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Jwonder(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2018
Everything in this country is shady, nothing or no one is straightforward.

Airtel believes too many things hidden about the health of 9Mobile, and that it is too risky for anyone to buy the company. Things become compounded with the court case by Spectrum Wireless.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by kabeerhabe(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2018
All of them na same.
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 24, 2018
undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by MorataFC: 9:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Cool
I will buy it
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by hiiblazhers(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2018
loobatan.............mtn ...err where you Go
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Tugsramm(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2018
wilsonreuben:
Thank Goodness, bad things would have followed!
Airtel would have just destroyed 9mobile. Pheeww!
aleast beta dan glo.9mobile av been out of service in my area 4 one weak
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by NextGovernor(m): 9:59am On Jan 24, 2018
Have any notice that when you recharge your glo line, your airtime drastically reduce or vanish b4 next morning.

GLO what is wrong?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Justanodadude: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2018
Want to make 200k with a onrime time investment of 2000 naira. Check my signature for contact.
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2018
Meh
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by satowind(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2018
glo buy them and improve ur service mumu company

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by edward1106(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2018
The way GLO has been removing 50/100 for seriously almost every recharge I make for "things" I didn't subscribe on, I don't know if its connected to this 9mobile stuffs cos my thought is they may be doing same to almost everyone

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by philchudi: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2018
Nothing to say
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Pubichairs(m): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2018
embarassed Airtel always de fall my hand

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by stefanweeks: 10:01am On Jan 24, 2018
Airtel right now

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Awoo88: 10:02am On Jan 24, 2018
Nigeria don happen to that company. They should give to Buhari so he can appoint his fulani brothers to run and kill it gradually. He can then blame PDP and Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by fabinfos(f): 10:06am On Jan 24, 2018
NextGovernor:
Have any notice that when you recharge your glo line, your airtime drastically reduce or vanish b4 next morning.

GLO what is wrong?
I thought it was only me...I don't understand why it happens.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by cpu2006(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2018
how much. my accountant will credit you shortly. first thing on my agenda as the owner of 10mibile is to appoint DIRECTOR OF HAPPINESS. grin
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2018
All these broke naija telecom companies, they shud go and clear their bank loans first.
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by jaxxy(m): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2018
Glo shud kindly pull out 2

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2018
Airtel and their wahala
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by BAILMONEY: 10:15am On Jan 24, 2018
fabinfos:

I thought it was only me...I don't understand why it happens.
SOPHISTICATED STEALING
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by AbuMikey(m): 10:25am On Jan 24, 2018
NextGovernor:

GLO what is wrong?

I thought I was the only one.

This has been going on for 4+ Months.

I found a solution, I only recharge whenever I want to call. Online Banking.

Saves Me a lot, they still rip Me off once in a while still.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by TikaBodi(f): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2018
NextGovernor:

GLO what is wrong?
I swear
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Dottore: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2018
Airtel just discovered that the process is unwholesome but come to think of it there's nothing bad if the Fed Govt authorities decide to give preferential treatment to Glo being an indegenious firm. Every country does that

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Gucciboss: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for heeding my advice

Gucciboss:
Thanks for heeding my advice

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by SalamRushdie: 10:52am On Jan 24, 2018
The team to take over Etisalat should be Adrian Woods team but I doubt that will happen as Etisalat ownership structure is clearly bediviles with hidden problems that can stall any investor and make you lose your investment
Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Tugsramm:
aleast beta dan glo.9mobile av been out of service in my area 4 one weak

Sorry about that
I think Glo is better than Airtel in every way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by ajilegend(m): 11:06am On Jan 24, 2018
how much i will buy it

1 Like

Re: Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid by don4real18(m): 11:09am On Jan 24, 2018
Let me go and make a bid quick quick

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does These Nokia Phones Cost In The Computer Village / What Are Phones Called In Your Indigenous Language ? / Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.