Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body (13983 Views)

The "Side Effects "Of Social Media? / How Can I Listen To Radio stations With Bluetooth On My Android Phone. / How To Fix Bluetooth On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by mecusbosco(m): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2006
Hi Guys, Please I am using my bluetooth all the time for my internet connectivity. Each time, I will haveing some feelings on my body like rays. Please I want you guys to tell me the effetcts of bluetooth if there is any.
Thansks
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by gr8t(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2006
One of the best thing you can do is to do a research on google for the effect of bluetooth on the body.
I will join you in this research because I often use it too
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by my2cents(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2006
from what i have read, such devices do emit low levels of radiation, low enough as is claimed, not to harm you in anyway. As with all things oyibo as I always say, I would take that with a grain of salt:

- They never seem to mention what happens when you accumulate such low doses over time

- The organizations that usually conduct the research are usually funded by the very same phone companies, which implies, at least to me, conflict of interest.

I don't know how u would feel rays though. Bottomline, you will die of something - be it bluetooth rays, air pollution (smog as a result of cars etc), second-hand smoke, preservatives in processed food, etc.

As I say, just utilize modern gadgetry in moderation. As a wise man once told me, "he who eats oyibo food, will get oyibo disease" - and he didn't even go to school smiley

I hope this helps
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by Neoteny(m): 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2006
first of all bluetooth is a scaled down version of wifi (wifi is 802.11, bluetooth is 802.15 or 802.13, i forgot which, lol), it uses the international free spectrum 2.4 ghz, and uses very little power to transmit over a range of 10 meters. c;mon guys, this is not microwave we talkin here. it has absolutely no effect, short term or otherwise, on the human body. so use it all u can. talkin of bluetooth hav u heard of bluesnarfing, bluebuggin and bluejackin? well here goes:>>
bluesnarfin is a method of hacking into a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and copying its entire contact book, calendar or anything else stored in the phone memory.that is to say that it is the theft of information from a wireless device through a Bluetooth connection. By exploiting a vulnerability in the way Bluetooth is implemented on a mobile phone, an attacker can access information -- such as the user's calendar, contact list and e-mail and text messages -- without leaving any evidence of the attack. Other devices that use Bluetooth, such as laptop computers, may also be vulnerable, although to a lesser extent, by virtue of their more complex systems. Operating in invisible mode protects some devices, but others are vulnerable as long as Bluetooth is enabled.

attackers exploit a problem with some implementations of the object exchange (OBEX) protocol, which is commonly used to exchange information between wireless devices. An attacker can synchronize with the victim's device (this is known as pairing, as if una no know) and gain access to any information or service available to the legitimate user. bluesnarfing tools are widely available on the Internet, along with information about how to use them.

Adam Laurie, of A.L. Digital, discovered the vulnerability that enables bluesnarfing in November 2003, when he was testing the security of Bluetooth devices. Laurie released a vulnerability disclosure notification about the problem immediately afterward. the only way to protect yourself from a bluesnarf attack is to turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device.
Bluebugging allows skilled individuals to access the mobile phone commands using Bluetooth without notifying or alerting the phone’s user. This vulnerability allows the hacker to initiate phone calls, send and read SMS, read and write phonebook contacts, eavesdrop on phone conversations, and connect to the Internet. As with all the attacks, the hacker must be within a 10 meter range of the phone. This is a separate vulnerability from bluesnarfing and does not affect all of the same phones as bluesnarfing.
bluejacking allows phone users to send business cards anonymously using Bluetooth . Bluejacking does not involve the removal or alteration of any data from the device. These business cards often have a clever or flirtatious message rather than the typical name and phone number. Bluejackers often look for the receiving phone to ping or the user to react. They then send another, more personal message to that device. Once again, in order to carry out a bluejacking, the sending and receiving devices must be within 10 meters of one another. Phone owners who receive bluejack messages should refuse to add the contacts to their address book. Devices that are set in non-discoverable mode are not susceptible to bluejacking.
if u need bluesnarfin software just crawl the web or use google search (see my tutorial on better search techniques). for blluebugging install cobain.sis (API) in your symbiaN smartphone. for java fones get blooover. u can find them through google. for bluejackin software go to www.aivanmet.com, register and, kaboom!!!
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by Bright2(m): 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2006
My friend wat u felt about de ray is just a mere immagination,although we now upgraded bluetooth device which displaces up 2 de range of 100meters,i have a piece of it which i will make research with as soon as i get back 2 oman.Till den,more result.
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by agboifo(f): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2006
Your sensations are correct. First your left ear will turn slightly red, then after about seven minutes, the second toe of your right leg will begin to itch, then you will have a tingling sensation on your belly button. After two days (if you do not see a doctor), your right ear will fall off and your nose will turn purple!

Don´t worry my friend. The only problem is your wild imagination!
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by MrInfo1(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2008
agboifo:

Your sensations are correct. First your left ear will turn slightly red, then after about seven minutes, the second toe of your right leg will begin to itch, then you will have a tingling sensation on your belly button. After two days (if you do not see a doctor), your right ear will fall off and your nose will turn purple!

grin< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Flash back
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by donjon: 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2008
laughing!

he said he is feeling rays!

then he must have superhuman or extrasensory powers?

@poster
can i get ur autograph?
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by pawn89(m): 12:06am On Oct 01, 2008
u see i wonder how bluebugging, bluesniffing and all the rest got to do with what the poster needed. Me for one do not think it has or will ever accumulate enough of what ever to actually affect the body system
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by BayoMaya(m): 12:56am On Oct 01, 2008
pawn89:

u see i wonder how bluebugging, bluesniffing and all the rest got to do with what the poster needed. Me for one do not think it has or will ever accumulate enough of what ever to actually affect the body system

I believe u o my brother, i thought as a well, i think its too much info from google that he even copied everything that has to do with the keyword "Bluetooth" heehee
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by donjon: 1:11am On Oct 01, 2008
true
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by BayoMaya(m): 2:53am On Oct 01, 2008
The only "Ray" story i read bout bluetooth is that its a new generation technology which is evwn designed to help against problems with mobile rays from getting too close to the body using he handsfree device which keeps one far from his/her mobile while making/receiving calls grin
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by Donseaun(m): 3:33am On Oct 01, 2008
Suwit.
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by Fadajasi(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2008
Huhuhu
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by 2dyefor: 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2008
If symptoms persist after two days, consult your doctor!
Re: Effects Of Bluetooth On Human Body by hayprof(m): 12:37am On Oct 02, 2008
2dyefor:

If symptoms persist after two days, consult your doctor!

Is this a Panadol advert?

(1) (Reply)

Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 / How To Check If Your NIN Has Been Successfully Linked To Your Sims / How To Activate Airtel 1GB For N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.