Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Is NOUN Accredited? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is NOUN Accredited? (741 Views)

Is NOUN Part Of ASUU Strike? / Chukwununso Nomeh, Prisoner Is NOUN Overall Best PG Student In Enugu / NOUN Lists Requirements For Postgraduate Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is NOUN Accredited? by TeeFeh(f): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2018
I am thinking of applying as a student with NOUN,please is NOUN accredited? Can I work with PWc with a NOUN bsc? I need answers pls
Re: Is NOUN Accredited? by viver1: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2018
Yes it is and yes u can. Just keep ur money.
Re: Is NOUN Accredited? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2018
NOUN is definitely accredited, it's the only federal government owned Open and Distance Learning institution and the largest in West Africa, even NUC cannot challenge that and NYSC exemption letters are available upon graduation. They have also been approved to join the NYSC but they haven't rolled out fully.

Other part time programmes will never offer you that flexibility. LASU part time, for instance... It took my sisters about 7 years (after their final exams) before they could collect their certificate... This means unless you have another qualification, you may not be able to do a master's degree until they issue your final result and certificate. Same as other universities. They delay so much.

Some will criticize NOUN, but apart from the fact that the admission is direct and you don't attend everyday classes, I see no real difference between NOUN and the average Nigerian university. Most lecturers just pour down notes and you attend lectures, so what's the big deal anyways?

About working for a company:

Some companies will always discriminate, HND is this, BSc. is that... But if you have enough skills apart from your degree, you will always stand out. And remember having a degree is better than not having.

Nowadays, its no longer about your paper qualifications, it's about what you can offer the company. If you have other skills and qualifications, your NOUN degree will just be a means to an end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is NOUN Accredited? by TeeFeh(f): 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
LagosCiti:
NOUN is definitely accredited, it's the only federal government owned Open and Distance Learning institution and the largest in West Africa, even NUC cannot challenge that and NYSC exemption letters are available upon graduation. They have also been approved to join the NYSC but they haven't rolled out fully.

Other part time programmes will never offer you that flexibility. LASU part time, for instance... It took my sisters about 7 years (after their final exams) before they could collect their certificate... This means unless you have another qualification, you may not be able to do a master's degree until they issue your final result and certificate. Same as other universities. They delay so much.

Some will criticize NOUN, but apart from the fact that the admission is direct and you don't attend everyday classes, I see no real difference between NOUN and the average Nigerian university. Most lecturers just pour down notes and you attend lectures, so what's the big deal anyways?

About working for a company:

Some companies will always discriminate, HND is this, BSc. is that... But if you have enough skills apart from your degree, you will always stand out. And remember having a degree is better than not having.

Nowadays, its no longer about your paper qualifications, it's about what you can offer the company. If you have other skills and qualifications, your NOUN degree will just be a means to an end.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Is NOUN Accredited? by Thebrightest(m): 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
TeeFeh:
I am thinking of applying as a student with NOUN,please is NOUN accredited? Can I work with PWc with a NOUN bsc? I need answers pls
SEE QUESTION OOO.
Is a Federal School accredited
WHY NOT??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

University Of LAGOS/ UNILAG / 2018/2019 Post UTME Registration Detail / Environmental Health In Nigeria , Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow By Sani Garba / Nigeria Defeats USA To Qualify For Final Of International Debate Competition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.