Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

You Have The Right To Remain Silent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Have The Right To Remain Silent (373 Views)

Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos / Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / 100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Have The Right To Remain Silent by ibinaboonline: 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
You Have The Right To Remain Silent
There's an equivalent of the US Bill of Rights refered to as the Miranda Rights. The Miranda Rights is enshrined in American law. It shields individuals from self-incrimination and protects suspects from testifying against themselves while in law enforcement custody or during custodial proceedings. There's so much more about this Rights named after Arturo Miranda who was exonerated of charges of kidnapping, rape and armed robbery in the mid sixties because the supreme court determined that Mr Miranda's fifth and sixth amendment rights were violated during his arrest. The fifth amendment to the US constitution protects individuals from being compelled to be witnesses against themselves in criminal cases. Hence, the Rights were consequently enacted and named after Ernesto Arturo Miranda. It stipulates that a suspect be clearly made to understand his/her rights by law officers, otherwise, whatever the suspect says and in some cases, does cannot be admissible in court. So when the FBI or police, customs etc make an arrest, the law requires them to inform the suspect that they have the constitutional rights to say nothing. That they have the right to an attorney; one would be assigned to them by the state should they be unable to afford one. That they have the right to only answer questions with the attorney present or even only speak through the attorney. Having understood this Miranda warning or Rights means that whatever the suspect subsequently says or does can be used against them in court. What I'm actually trying to say today is only a brief summary of what God taught me last week. The Bible have 'miranda'. "Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble - proverbs 21:23". The things you say is your own sentencing. Every time we speak we're taking the witness stand in our own trial. The spirit realm, listen to me, the spirit realm is an ongoing court session that does not take recess. The story of a council meeting in heaven where the issue of Job was brought up gives us a glimpse of what I'm saying but it's much more than that. Look at the terms used in the Bible; judgement, testimony, witnesses, law, trespass, penalty, redemption etc. These are all legal terms! "Take Me to court; let us argue our case together. State your case, so that you may be vindicated - Isaiah 43:26". More importantly, the Bible tells us that Jesus Christ is our advocate. "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous - 1 John 2:1".You must know that this is not a metaphor for Jesus. Comforter, for example, is not a metaphor for the Holy Spirit; it's His description, His title. I am I am is not a metaphor for God; it's His name. When you have the title of MD next to your name on a business card, people know you're a medical doctor. Jesus Christ have the title of advocate. Job said, "Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high - Job 16:19". I'm trying to show you that the heavenly realms is a non-stop court. You pray, IN THE NAME OF JESUS because of this. You'd have no rights to make requests or demands if not by the legal proceedings of the great name of Jesus. If Jesus is an advocate, surely we don't see Him practicing at ICC or the UN courts. He serves in the heavenly realms. The thing is, the spirit realm control the material world. The accuser; your prosecution and persecution, Satan also operates in this unseen world. To be brief, when you say that life is short, for instance, its your testimony against yourself- the speaker. BE IN AGREEMENT WITH YOUR LAWYER- JESUS! This is why our many desires, prayers, fasting etc come to nought. You can't pray for things and then speak to the contrary and expect positive results. Your words have equal, if not more power, than your prayers. "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit - proverbs 18:21." What do you want? Exactly! Say what you want even if you dont see how it's realistic or possible. Remember, you have a lawyer in the spirit who is almighty representing your interests. If you're not born again, then do not delay any longer. You need the advocate who could argue that you shouldn't be in that road accident. Talk to Jesus immediately. The Miranda rights says you don't have to speak. That's a smart first move; an advisable first step. But the way to defend yourself and convey your demands in the spirit realm is to speak and act; especially, speak. When your lawyer says 'aye' and the judge asks you, 'is that so?' and you say, 'aye'; the gravel comes down as the judge says, 'the ayes have it'. When you speak negatively about people you do far greater damage to them than you probably thought possible. The prosecutor is Satan. Don't bear witness to the prosecutor's accusations. Don't be an accuser. If you do, you side with our common enemy. This is why Jesus warned us, “ Judge not... Mathew 7:1". When you accuse people, people's accusations against you if they are true will not be excused. Jesus said, "For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged - Mathew 7:2". The truths of life is so hidden in plain sight in this wonderful book called the Bible. Every American familiar with the fifth amendment knows what it means for them. They know the constitution protects and provides certain privileges for them. Listen to me, it matters little what your present or anticipated reality is when compared to heaven's laws. Believe in the constitution because it's 'etched in stone'. Even if you were caught with the gun in your hand, the fifth amendment protects you until you meet a lawyer. The Bible is your fifth amendment. Are you 'caught with the gun in your hand'? Trapped in an impossible situation? An incurable disease? A stubborn situation that threatens your freedom and won't go away? The gospel speaks to you that nothing is impossible with God. The gospel speaks for you as well. It's the blazing constitution, fellas! Plead to the fifth amendment. Consult your advocate- Jesus knows the constitution very well. Your advocate says; don't say anything that incriminates you or undermine your case even if you're guilty (sick, sinner, poor, oppressed etc). Speak only your desires. The constitution founded, agrees and support your blessed desires. "For I know what I have planned for you,' says the LORD. 'I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope - Jeremiah 29:11". Let me stop here. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye Congratulates Gani Adam On His Installation / Say A Word Of Thank You To God. / Why I Refused To Speak Out On Killings In Nigeria” – Rccg’s Pastor Adeboye Revea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.