Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! (5625 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Playing The Persecution Card. / Why The Persecution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Dauchman(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pastor AIO:

THe Church of England has definately become permissive of homosexuality.  If the number of homosexual cases within the church rose to a certain critical level, for instance the level of pedophilic behaviour in the Roman Catholic church, then it would be right to call C of E a Gay Institution.  I would agree with that. 

It is often said that the ancient Greeks were Gay.  The fact is there were so many gay people in that society that that statement becomes valid.  Although I am sure that there many  ancient greeks that weren't gay.

I still say your reasoning is very flawed. Remember the question i asked, since all these sinners leave on earth should we therefore say the Earth has become permissive of all things bad so everyone please move on to Mars?

And what for you is a critical level? Do you think its only in the RCC we have such because we always over-flog issues when it concerns them because we want to prove they do not know what they are doing. Make use of the net and do a proper research, then you would understand better. Which is worse a church that has approved sin with no regrets or one that its members sin and the church cautions them? If i remember clearly it was only this same institution you call names that stood up and said no abortion no matter how the child came, no to divorce also except it is based on infidelity, and so many more. Do a proper research before you come up with your accusations, do not talk based on hearsay.

And FYI!
, while experts in the field of sexual abuse counseling contend that celibacy has no effect on rates of child abuse in the Catholic Church, as it has been shown that the rates of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church is not higher than in society, other public institutions and other religious denominations.[11] For example, Penn State University professor Phillip Jenkins, after a careful review of all available research concluded that between 0.2 and 1.7% of Catholic clergy are craddle-robbers, while the figure among Protestant clergy is between 2 and 3%.

Here's the link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_sex_abuse_cases

There are many more links to get your facts straight and i am guessing with this we should now label Christianity the Pedophilia religion, ,  I forgot the Muslims also marry little girls and also people from diverse religions and beliefs, so better put the Earth is a pedophilia planet, according to Pastor AIO,  , lets relocate to MARS no one lives there, our kids would be safer there.  wink
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by PastorAIO: 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2010
sponsored links:

Given all we now know about the cover-up of clerical sexual abuse by Rome it's difficult to see what is significant about the Pope's meeting with a small number of victims in Malta. I appreciate that it may have been meaningful to those who chose to meet the Pope, but it hardly represents a major breakthrough in addressing the global scandals engulfing the Roman Catholic church.

One might have expected that such meetings, as part of a meaningful engagement with victims, would have been an essential component of an appropriate response to abuse by priests. They are at odds with the ongoing denial of the Vatican of its responsibility for the cover-up of crimes against children and its use of sovereign immunity to block efforts to hold it to account before civil courts.

The perversity of blaming everyone else, including at times the victims themselves for the crimes and cover-ups of the church in a ridiculous attempt to dodge accountability, whilst expressing concern for victims seems lost on the Vatican.

But there was a much more significant event this weekend. Speaking at a Catholic University, Cardinal Dario Hoyos revealed that a letter he wrote praising French bishop Pierre Pican for not passing information about a rapist priest to the French police was sent to every Catholic bishop in the world in 2001 with the approval of Pope John Paul II. Pican had been convicted of failing to report abuse by a Catholic abbot sentenced to 18 years in prison for paedophilia.

In his letter Cardinal Hoyos wrote: "I congratulate you for not denouncing a priest to the civil administration ,  I am pleased to have a colleague in the episcopate who, in the eyes of history and of all other bishops in the world, preferred prison to denouncing his son and priest."

Hoyos was at the time one of the most senior figures in the Catholic Church. So there it is, proof that the Vatican actively supported the cover-up of clerical sexual abuse.

Also exposed is the ongoing deceit of the Vatican's protestations that the church has not covered up abuse. Only last week, the Pope's second-in-command, Cardinal Bertone, said the church had never impeded investigations of abuse by priests. Meetings are all very well, but surely honesty and a commitment to justice would be much more meaningful?

Colm O'Gorman is himself a victim of abuse by a Roman Catholic priest and the author of the memoir 'Beyond Belief'. www.colmogorman.com
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/colm-ogorman-honesty-and-justice-would-be-better-than-a-meeting-1948208.html

Well said!!
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by PastorAIO: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
Dauchman:

I still say your reasoning is very flawed. Remember the question i asked, since all these sinners leave on earth should we therefore say the Earth has become permissive of all things bad so everyone please move on to Mars?

The planet earth is not an organisation with policies and agendas. Why do you keep bothering with this? There is no perfume in this world that is going to stop your shi.t from stinking.

And yes I will use language like that from time to time, although I feel that the 'Benedick/maledick' post was maybe going too far. But that is soooo besides the point.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by eros(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2010
The Lord knows His own and own knows Him.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by PastorAIO: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
Dauchman:
And what for you is a critical level? Do you think its only in the RCC we have such because we always over-flog issues when it concerns them because we want to prove they do not know what they are doing. Make use of the net and do a proper research, then you would understand better. Which is worse a church that has approved sin with no regrets or one that its members sin and the church cautions them? If i remember clearly it was only this same institution you call names that stood up and said no abortion no matter how the child came, no to divorce also except it is based on infidelity, and so many more. Do a proper research before you come up with your accusations, do not talk based on hearsay.

A critical level for me is one whereby a new reaction is initiated.  In this case the reaction is total revulsion for an organisation.  It is not so much the fact that human errors have been made but the fact that this same organisations makes a claim of piety and moral superiority that is not only unfounded but evidently mendacious.  
And FYI!
, while experts in the field of sexual abuse counseling contend that celibacy has no effect on rates of child abuse in the Catholic Church, as it has been shown that the rates of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church is not higher than in society, other public institutions and other religious denominations.[11] For example, Penn State University professor Phillip Jenkins, after a careful review of all available research concluded that between 0.2 and 1.7% of Catholic clergy are craddle-robbers, while the figure among Protestant clergy is between 2 and 3%.

I never said that celibacy had anything to do with pedophilia.  I asked why the incidence of pedeophilia is so closely correlated with the catholic church.  I haven't found an explanation yet but I am wiling to discuss the various possible causes with anyone that is similarly interested in the matter.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by tpn: 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2010
Why is it that when it comes to religion ,we all loose our reasoning and just become idiotic.
A crime has been committed,the perpetrators of those crime should be brought to justice.
The person who covered the crime should be tried and if found guilty should be prosecuted.That is the standard by which civilised society exist .Religion does not give anybody the right to commit crime and go free.No body is above the law whether you are the pastor ,G.o or Pope.
There is a difference between what God said and what his representative say.God would not commit or condone those crimes so get it straight this has nothing to do with the religion.People would continue to believe in God .
SO use your brain and get the right thing done.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by mazaje1: 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2010
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Dauchman(m): 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pastor AIO:

A critical level for me is one whereby a new reaction is initiated.  In this case the reaction is total revulsion for an organisation.  It is not so much the fact that human errors have been made but the fact that this same organisations makes a claim of piety and moral superiority that is not only unfounded but evidently mendacious.  
I never said that celibacy had anything to do with pedophilia.  I asked why the incidence of pedeophilia is so closely correlated with the catholic church.  I haven't found an explanation yet but I am wiling to discuss the various possible causes with anyone that is similarly interested in the matter.

I never said you said celibacy was an issue it was for the other folks in here that said the reason for this trend was celibacy. I also think you got another fact wrong, "an organization that makes claim of piety, " the church only claims to be the one true earthly church of Christ.

The reason i stick to the earth is all these organizations all belong to the earth both religious and otherwise. You still also have not gotten the point were the media over blows every story, i am very sure you have heard what the Vatican and the pope himself has to say about the pope supporting pedophile priests and about the cover-up. There was no such cover-up. And besides like i stated before a man remains innocent until proven guilty. Let them bring out the so-called letter let us see.

Finally from the research i gave you, it is glaring once again that the media has over blown issues again by associating pedophile and other sexual issues with the RCC, I also wonder like you why it so tied to the RCC i have my theories but i do not believe this is the proper forum to discuss such, so if you want to talk we can take this somewhere else.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Dauchman(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pastor AIO:

sponsored links:

Given all we now know about the cover-up of clerical sexual abuse by Rome it's difficult to see what is significant about the Pope's meeting with a small number of victims in Malta. I appreciate that it may have been meaningful to those who chose to meet the Pope, but it hardly represents a major breakthrough in addressing the global scandals engulfing the Roman Catholic church.

One might have expected that such meetings, as part of a meaningful engagement with victims, would have been an essential component of an appropriate response to abuse by priests. They are at odds with the ongoing denial of the Vatican of its responsibility for the cover-up of crimes against children and its use of sovereign immunity to block efforts to hold it to account before civil courts.

The perversity of blaming everyone else, including at times the victims themselves for the crimes and cover-ups of the church in a ridiculous attempt to dodge accountability, whilst expressing concern for victims seems lost on the Vatican.

But there was a much more significant event this weekend. Speaking at a Catholic University, Cardinal Dario Hoyos revealed that a letter he wrote praising French bishop Pierre Pican for not passing information about a rapist priest to the French police was sent to every Catholic bishop in the world in 2001 with the approval of Pope John Paul II. Pican had been convicted of failing to report abuse by a Catholic abbot sentenced to 18 years in prison for paedophilia.

In his letter Cardinal Hoyos wrote: "I congratulate you for not denouncing a priest to the civil administration ,  I am pleased to have a colleague in the episcopate who, in the eyes of history and of all other bishops in the world, preferred prison to denouncing his son and priest."

Hoyos was at the time one of the most senior figures in the Catholic Church. So there it is, proof that the Vatican actively supported the cover-up of clerical sexual abuse.

Also exposed is the ongoing deceit of the Vatican's protestations that the church has not covered up abuse. Only last week, the Pope's second-in-command, Cardinal Bertone, said the church had never impeded investigations of abuse by priests. Meetings are all very well, but surely honesty and a commitment to justice would be much more meaningful?

Colm O'Gorman is himself a victim of abuse by a Roman Catholic priest and the author of the memoir 'Beyond Belief'. www.colmogorman.com

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/colm-ogorman-honesty-and-justice-would-be-better-than-a-meeting-1948208.html

Well said!!

Again the media has twisted the story again, and you still do not see it.
let me give you the real story;
"I congratulate you for not denouncing a priest to the civil administration," Castrillon Hoyos wrote. "You have acted well and I am pleased to have a colleague in the episcopate who, in the eyes of history and of all other bishops in the world, preferred prison to denouncing his son and priest." 

I am sure you know the meaning of denouncing, it does not mean handing over. Both Priest and his Bishop went to jail. They were handed over to the authorities by the Vatican. Read on;

Castrillon Hoyos justified his actions, saying the late pope John Paul II authorised him to send the letter. "After consulting the pope, I wrote a letter to the bishop, congratulating him as a model of a father who does not abandon his children," he said.

I leave you to decide.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by PastorAIO: 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^^^ Have you just edited the above post. Because I could have sworn that just before I was about to respond I read that you wrote that a senior priest and a catholic would not say what Hoyos said.

I was then going to respond by asking whether you were suggesting that a catholic would, and ought to, lie about what happened if it wasn't in the interests of the Catholic church. But alas, you have changed your post so I cannot not expose your freudian slip.

Any way sha . . .
Dauchman:

Again the media has twisted the story again, and you still do not see it.
let me give you the real story;
"I congratulate you for not denouncing a priest to the civil administration," Castrillon Hoyos wrote. "You have acted well and I am pleased to have a colleague in the episcopate who, in the eyes of history and of all other bishops in the world, preferred prison to denouncing his son and priest." 

I am sure you know the meaning of denouncing, it does not mean handing over. Both Priest and his Bishop went to jail. They were handed over to the authorities by the Vatican. Read on;

Castrillon Hoyos justified his actions, saying the late pope John Paul II authorised him to send the letter. "After consulting the pope, I wrote a letter to the bishop, congratulating him as a model of a father who does not abandon his children," he said.

I leave you to decide.

. . . at least now you admit that he actually wrote the letter and gave the lecture where he confessed it. I know what denouncing means. Let us also consider the context. and also the phrase 'denouncing to the civil adminstration'. Not just denouncing, but denouncing to the civil administration.

Vatican did not hand over nada. Criminals were caught by criminal investigators. If there was no criminal investigation I don't think that the catholic church would by it's own initiative hand over it's paedoophile priests.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Dauchman(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pastor AIO:

^^^^  Have you just edited the above post.  Because I could have sworn that just before I was about to respond I read that you wrote that a senior priest and a catholic would not say what Hoyos said. 

I was then going to respond by asking whether you were suggesting that a catholic  would, and ought to, lie about what happened if it wasn't in the interests of the Catholic church.  But alas, you have changed your post so I cannot not expose your freudian slip.

Any way sha . . .

. . . at least now you admit that he actually wrote the letter and gave the lecture where he confessed it.  I know what denouncing means.  Let us also consider the context.  and also the phrase 'denouncing to the civil adminstration'.  Not just denouncing, but denouncing to the civil administration. 

Vatican did not hand over nada.  Criminals were caught by criminal investigators.  If there was no criminal investigation I don't think that the catholic church would by it's own initiative hand over it's paedoophile priests. 

Yes i had to change that cause i read through it and figured that was a lame comment and i could do better than that. If you do a research on child abuse cases, you would find several cases where after its (the Vatican) own investigations, the Priests were handed over to the authorities.
I agree with you that a lot of crazy stuff goes down in the RCC but it happens everywhere, the devil is looking to destroy all form of good, we must realize that the destruction of Christianity and all that is good is utmost on his mind and he would use any means necessary or do you want the guy to be lonely at the end? grin

Anywayz i think all Hoyos was trying to say is that a good father would not abandon his child no matter what he has done. But that doesnt mean the father has condoned the act or accepted it as right. You also have to understand that like a Doctor or Lawyer or any professional, a Priest also carries the code of strict confidentiality. It was via confession the Bishop found out about the rape incident.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by mamagee3(f): 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
tpn:

Why is it that when it comes to religion ,we all loose our reasoning and just become idiotic.
A crime has been committed,the perpetrators of those crime should be brought to justice.
The person who covered the crime should be tried and if found guilty should be prosecuted.That is the standard by which civilised society exist .Religion does not give anybody the right to commit crime and go free.No body is above the law whether you are the pastor ,G.o or Pope.
There is a difference between what God said and what his representative say.God would not commit or condone those crimes so get it straight this has nothing to do with the religion.People would continue to believe in God .
SO use your brain and get the right thing done.
The Pope had nothing to do with the Child abusing scandal, he merely knew about it. . .
Everyone is blaming him because some gossips claimed he knew about the scandal and hid it under the carpet while his workers during his archbishop years has clearly stated he had no idea the abuse was happening. . .
This issue is being overhyped and the wrong person is getting the blame for what a dead priest did when he was alive.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Lady2(f): 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
Dude, you are missing the central point. No one is persecuting one for the crimes of another. This is a case of systemic, institutionalised cover-ups. That is really the issue at hand. The current pope, as cardinal ratzinger, also happened to be in-charge of the body responsible for dealing with these issues.

Actually he wasn't. That's the problem. The Pope didn't handle these cases. When he started handling the case, he started finding solutions to the problem.

I already posted an article that stated clearly that the Pope was the one who started doing something about it. He wasn't involved in the cover up. But then again there are idiots who believe everything the media says.

Vatican did not hand over nada. Criminals were caught by criminal investigators. If there was no criminal investigation I don't think that the catholic church would by it's own initiative hand over it's paedoophile priests.

The Vatican doesn't do the handling over, it isn't supposed to be that way. It doesn't even get to the Vatican in the first place unless it has to do with abuse of the confessional. A lot of the cases did not make it to the Vatican, but ofcourse everyone wants to blame the Vatican.

The cases are to be handles with the Bishops, that's why a few Bishops were the ones who did the moving around not the Vatican. Bisops have authority in their Sees and are therefore supposed to handle the cases themselves. And for a lot of Sees the criminals were handed over to the authorities but nothing was done by the government. And at that time Pedophilia was considered a curable mental problem, a lot of Priests were said to be cured by the Psychologists. So the Bishops put them back to work.

People should actually learn how things work rather tahn show their ignorance by spouting meaningful accusations.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by zubeyr(m): 12:40am On Apr 20, 2010
This pope has been contraversial since day one he offended people from different faiths by his stupid comments he covered up the abuse in the church and never step up to his responsability by delivering bolder condamnation to these practices he has no personality ni leadership skills
only God knows how many africans childrens been abused by their cardinals we need to shed more light on the role of the chatolic church in Africa and investigate the reason for this silence
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by mamagee3(f): 1:27am On Apr 20, 2010
^^Do you have any proof to back up this Claim or are you out to spread blasphemy against a fellow human being? undecided
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by PastorAIO: 8:04am On Apr 20, 2010
zubeyr:

only God knows how many africans childrens been abused by their cardinals we need to shed more light on the role of the chatolic church in Africa and investigate the reason for this silence
mama-gee:

^^Do you have any proof to back up this Claim or are you out to spread blasphemy against a fellow human being? undecided

zubeyr did not make a claim, so he doesn't need to produce proof. What he made was speculation. He wondered how many african kids have been abused. Has any got anything thing to contribute to his speculation?

~Lady~:

Actually he wasn't. That's the problem. The Pope didn't handle these cases. When he started handling the case, he started finding solutions to the problem.

I already posted an article that stated clearly that the Pope was the one who started doing something about it. He wasn't involved in the cover up. But then again there are idiots who believe everything the media says.

The Vatican doesn't do the handling over, it isn't supposed to be that way. It doesn't even get to the Vatican in the first place unless it has to do with abuse of the confessional. A lot of the cases did not make it to the Vatican, but ofcourse everyone wants to blame the Vatican.

The cases are to be handles with the Bishops, that's why a few Bishops were the ones who did the moving around not the Vatican. Bisops have authority in their Sees and are therefore supposed to handle the cases themselves. And for a lot of Sees the criminals were handed over to the authorities but nothing was done by the government. And at that time Pedophilia was considered a curable mental problem, a lot of Priests were said to be cured by the Psychologists. So the Bishops put them back to work.

People should actually learn how things work rather tahn show their ignorance by spouting meaningful accusations.

Now the above is full of claims and not one shred of evidence, not one single document or link is sited to help us verify whether what she is saying is true or not.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by crazylegs(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Now the above is full of claims and not one shred of evidence, not one single document or link is sited to help us verify whether what she is saying is true or not.

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI#Sexual_abuse_in_the_Catholic_Church
After sexual abuse cases became the responsibility of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in 2001, Cardinal Ratzinger, as head of that congregation, made strong efforts to investigate such cases.[110] According to Jason Berry, Ratzinger had "persuaded John Paul to consolidate authority of abuse investigations in his office".[111] According to John L. Allen, Jr., Ratzinger in the following years "acquired a familiarity with the contours of the problem that virtually no other figure in the Catholic church can claim" and "driven by that encounter with what he would later refer to as 'filth' in the church, Ratzinger seems to have undergone something of a 'conversion experience' throughout 2003-04. From that point forward, he and his staff seemed driven by a convert's zeal to clean up the mess".[112] According to Charles J. Scicluna, a former prosecutor handling sexual abuse cases, "Cardinal Ratzinger displayed great wisdom and firmness in handling those cases, also demonstrating great courage in facing some of the most difficult and thorny cases, sine acceptione personarum (without exceptions)".[112][113]

There were sexual abuses, there were cover-ups. I think any good catholic is, like the Pope, deeply ashamed and sorry for the victims. What is clear to me however but the outcry against the Pope is ridiculous. He was never personally involved in ANY cover-up. Some sections of the press seem bent on painting him as the sole guilty party. They manage this with baseless insinuations. Mere suggestion.

The proof points at the Pope actively trying to bring those cases to the light and face the crisis squarely. Nothing concrete says otherwise. Only insinuations . . .
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by pluzini: 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
Ok
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Dauchman(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2010
pluzini:

it is really shameful that atheists and the world should be the ones telling us our wrongs, but on careful study are some of this atheist not the product of the church? what do u think a boy or girl that was despoiled by a priest will think of religion? most of the love-peddlers on our streets where bright girls from good homes but because of some form of abuse they now care little of about their lives. i have had the opportunity to live with priests and the experience will make any man loose his faith in God. i am not saying that all priests are bad, thier are really some very good priests but the number of the bad eggs is alarming! we as catholics knows this and we the members are also involved in this cover up. right here in nigeria there are victims especially girls but there is no one to speak for them not even their parents. please lets not be fanatics, i see this as a revival its only coming from outsiders because we have refused to do nothing about it.

So what have you done about it? Since you were a first hand witness did you report to the Bishop or anyone in authority?
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by pluzini: 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2010
thats the problem, the bishop will do nothing about it and the family of the victim would not even want to go to the police. in nigeria its still a pity that r a p e victims still find it hard to report to the police not to talk of when it has to do with their priest, their parents won't even listen to them.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Dauchman(m): 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
pluzini:

thats the problem, the bishop will do nothing about it and the family of the victim would not even want to go to the police. in nigeria its still a pity that r a p e victims still find it hard to report to the police not to talk of when it has to do with their priest, their parents won't even listen to them.

And the police didn't do anything when it was reported to them. My question anyway was what did you as an individual do to sort things out. You saw first hand what was happening did you ever say or do anything about it?

and i want to get your statistics right. What is the ratio of the bad priests to the good priests?
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by pluzini: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2010
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Dauchman(m): 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2010
pluzini:

all i have to tell u is to open your eyes, if u r a catholic then wat i am saying might exist right there in your parish, i know u will contest everything i say but my prayer is that none of your relatives or friend be a victim.

I Timothy 4
1 But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 through the hypocrisy of men that speak lies, branded in their own conscience as with a hot iron;
3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by them that believe and know the truth.

a word is enough for the wise.

I really do not understand what you are saying anymore. I asked a simple question and you are quoting the bible to me. From your initial post you made known the fact that you are catholic and spent some time with priests and you bring this quote for me to consider. I have a lot of doubts about you my friend.

My eyes have been open for a while now and i know you obviously do not know what you are talking about or you just want to destroy further.

And if you go back to read the subject of this post, maybe you would better explain to us how the pope/vatican was involved in all these you have stated.

One more thing, go back and read the doctrines of your church.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by modele2: 9:57am On Apr 21, 2010
Na today yash begin dey back. ,
A church is made up of people, the good, the bad and the ugly. EVERY CHURCH!!!
Becos the RCC is big, imposing and authoritative most of the criticisms are pure BEEF or NTAJI ANYA.

The situation is sad and painful, definitely not something i wish on anyone. But for me there is one lesson. We are all human, we all have evil tendencies, peharps not pheodphilia but from the wide range we are all guilty or have tendency to commit one or the other.

When a church preaches forgiveness, love and mercy it is not difficult to see why some of the preists seemed to be let off easy. Dont get me wrong, the church also preaches Justice, but even that is coated with mercy, thats why things like capital punishment is never supported by the present canon law.

I am not sure of all the details but did any of the victims report to the civil authourities, if i wanted my justice that way i would have reported the case to the police and not a bishop. A bishop will handle it according to cannon rules and law. If i want the offender to go to public jail then why in the world did victims not report to the relevant authorities.

Its like someone offends me and i go meet the persons father to report, most fathers would flog their child or handle it their way. IF i am serious i should report the person to the police.

Please people should leave the pope and the catholic church alone bo.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by bebrief(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2010
John 8

1Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by UCEHFOS(m): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2010
You are definitely not a Catholic are you
You have defitely never been to the Vatican have you
You are obviously not a Priest, not even a Pastor are you

Because if your answer is yes to any of the above, then, I suggest you re-direct your blasphemous speeches to Nigerian Government instead of the activities of Ordained Men of God. You see, you are not even qualified to discuss issues like this and especially in this manner. Mere mortal. How many times have you read the Bible? now you want to claim you are a Christian. (Refer to the Report on Jos crises) Religiously motivated and many people died. Not your concern abi? What does a Media Company stand to gain when all reports and feelers around suggests that all is well. No they had better report Crises in Vatican, Murder in Jos, Earthquake in Middle East. Eye blowing headlines abi?

Serious assignment for you - "tell the real name of any of the Priests involved in this scandal"? You know certain shallow minded people should learn to keep quiet on issues their opinion cannot fathom rather making a fuss of issues beyond their imagination. remember that challenges intercepts all spheres of human activities. When you see anybody passing through life challenges, you ought to encourage them and advise them to be strong and not talk about your Psychological misunderstandings in public. Who are you to question the authority of the most High God Has any of your kinsmen ever smelled near priesthood?

THE TONGUE IS A POWERFUL TOOL FOR CONDEMNATION OF LIVING THINGS AND THEIR CAPABILITIES - PLEASE USE YOUR OWN VERY WELL 'THAT THOU MIGHT NOT BE CONDEMNED AS WELL'.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by sley4life(m): 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
They should leave the pope 2 do his duties. I blv its the work of atheist and other religions tryn 2 brng the catholic down
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Lady2(f): 3:44am On Apr 22, 2010

My dear u must understand how annoying it is to be redundant. Questions like this discourage people from ever posting in the first place because people don't care to read what is posted. They already have their pre-conceived ideas and will spout them regardless.

Go back to the first or second page.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 22, 2010
Guyz plz let cum 2 reality and speak d truth. The issues of allegation over sexual abuse involving d pope are true.can u imagine a man not to have intimacy since he was born and 4 d rest of his life haha haha, body no be WOOD naa. D pope is having intimacy secretely with young girl beneath his house.God created Man and Woman and with SEX HORMONES. No matter if u are A D HOLLIEST IN D WORLD U MUST HAVE SOME CRUNCH ON OPPOSITE SEX.SO letz stop deceiving ourself.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Emmacarnegie(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2010
If the pope was wrong we have 2 understand dat He is a human being and not a spirit.I dont think giving it a public attention will solve any problem.the pope has to retrace his steps where He erred but if it all lies then we better watch it to avoid the wrath of God.
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by PastorAIO: 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
This thread has brought out some things out of me that I'm not too comfortable with. Like the part about playing with the Pope's name benedict - maledick etc.

But the long and the short of the point that I want to make is that This organisation is not the paragon of moral excellence it claims to be nor is it the representative of God on earth. And it is those claims that are challenged by this current drama. In fact the entire history of the RCC challenges the claim but history is history, let's deal with what is before us now.

If catholics can confess that they are just trying to live right and be better people through their own human agency like every other person, and not come with some fictitious claim of divine ordination then I would say that something positive has been learned from this whole episode. finito, fini, o pari!!
Re: Stop The Persecution Of The Pope! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2010
This thread has brought out some things out of me that I'm not too comfortable with. Like the part about playing with the Pope's name benedict - maledick etc.

But the long and the short of the point that I want to make is that This organisation is not the paragon of moral excellence it claims to be nor is it the representative of God on earth. And it is those claims that are challenged by this current drama. In fact the entire history of the RCC challenges the claim but history is history, let's deal with what is before us now.

If catholics can confess that they are just trying to live right and be better people through their own human agency like every other person, and not come with some fictitious claim of divine ordination then I would say that something positive has been learned from this whole episode. finito, fini, o pari!!

Honestly I use to respect u but I never knew u were such a damned hypocrite.

who is worse the RCC that has admitted it has a paedophilia problem and is working towards it's eradication or ur shameless anglican church that has shamelesslesslylegalised homosexuality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (pfn) Where In Your Bible Are You Told You Can Judge? / People Who Mock God And Died / What Bible Passages Keep You Going And Strong!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.