Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,170 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Who Hurt You? – A Fiction Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Hurt You? – A Fiction Story (419 Views)

The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story / The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) / A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Hurt You? – A Fiction Story by magazineguy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
You see people will treat you the way they like and expect you to be nice to them. They manipulate, deceive and leave you in your darkest hour. You scream, cry and feel the deepest pain in your heart. You try so much to fight back those emotions but no matter how you try, you are broken and pained.

You go through a journey of healing and self-discovery and those same people who broke you are now smiling at you; wanting to be close to you again. And you wonder? Are people really sane? They want you to pretend like nothing ever happened and welcome them with open arms again?

Well, its safe to say that; I will forgive them for me – Let them go wallow in their guilt.

My head was starting to ache from the loud bangs from the door. I didn’t want to open at first because I had a tough day and literally slept tiredly all through the night. But this person was bent on kicking me off my bed when I didn’t want to get up just yet.

‘Who is it?‘ I shouted angrily. That person must better be someone who has some sensible and reasonable thing to tell me for cutting my deserving sleep off.

‘Open your door jare. Shoo, na so you dey sleep?’

I opened the door and my annoying friend Annie-Rise walked in. I frowned ‘And you decided to come early this morning. ….?’

‘Abegi, let me hear word. I called your phone severally, it rang but you never answered your call.’

‘Sorry, It was on silent. I needed my sleep’.

‘It is past 8 am and your still sleeping. Are you the only one working?’ Annie-Rise smirked.

‘I am not going to the office today. I took the day off.’ I said as I tried cuddling into bed again.

‘You had better get up from there. We are going out. I need you to follow me to the shopping mall, I want to buy some cooking items.‘

‘Can I just get an extra hour to sleep again? I would call you when I am ready?‘

‘And who is buying your excuse? Get up and go freshen up’

I hissed. This was my problem with her. She was always all up in my mood, trying to buy her way out. Can I just have some more sleep? I hissed again.

‘Fine. Let me go freshen up. At least I know I am getting commission for going with you.’

I got back from the outing with Annie-Rise, she had bought a new microwave and a blender. I decided to buy some few set of spoons and a set of glass cup. Annie-Rise was one of my friendliest friends. She was chatty, jovial and very opinionated. She worked at a broadcasting firm, had her own car and owned a flat. The only difference between the two of us was that she was the flirting and outing type who typically rolled with people.

My phone rang.

‘Babe. You don’t reach house?‘

‘Yes oooo. Just got home now. How far with them?‘

‘I have already started using the blender‘ Annie-Rise laughed over the phone.

‘I trust you. Anyways, we would talk later. Thanks for calling.‘

‘You are welcome.‘

I went over my call logs and decided to call Charles, I had missed his calls earlier.

‘Hey baby‘ His voice rose.

I smiled. ‘Sorry, I missed your calls, I went out with Annie.‘

‘You went shopping?’

I laughed. ‘This time we bought cooking items.‘

‘Very interesting. A relief. So are we seeing tonight? You know what I told you about.’

Pause

‘The money for the Abuja trip.‘

‘Oh, Yes I almost forgot. I would bring it while coming tonight.’

‘Thank you so much dear. You are the best. I mean, what could I ever do without you?‘

I laughed ‘See you soon.’

It was very okay to give Charles the money he needed for his Abuja trip. He had lost his job some months again and his new job wasn’t paying much. He had planned to go to Abuja to invest in some projects, hopefully in three months time, we would be getting our 60% gain, buy a new house, get married and have kids. It was all planned out, what more can one ask for?.

I closed from work earlier today and I decided to go see Annie-Rise, it would be fun paying her back because I know she won’t like my disturbance; but what are we friends for? If not annoying each other. Strangely, her door was locked. I knocked twice to be sure nobody was inside. I called her phone, it rang but no answer. I shrugged, she would come check up on me then, when she sees my missed calls. I thought of going to see Charlie, he was to leave for Abuja the next day. A speeding car which almost ran over me made me fall, I sprained my ankle and decided to go home straight. What a night, I thought!

continue reading here; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/hurt-fiction-story/

(1) (Reply)

Details From Rivers State University Hostel-b Robbery. / Wordfunfacts Episode 2 (pictures) / The new Ekiti dream book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.