Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business (6967 Views)

Nigerian Resturants In London.uk ( directory) / Would You Prefer Eating Breakfast At An Upscale Restaurant/lounge? / Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by bigben431: 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2010
Any input would be appreciated. I posted on business section and got no comments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All,
I just need some opinion from the house. I have been in the US for about 8 years now and will like to start a chain of hospitality businesses in Nigeria. I would like to open a few restaurants in Lagos and then Abuja, PH and eventually Accra.

I have been doing a lot of research mainly on the web on “international” restaurants in Lagos and there seems to be a wide variety. However, I would like my restaurants to be more of Nigeria/(Whatever – Asian etc) fusion.

My most important task is to establish good brand names for my restaurants before trying to make profits. Let’s put it this way, I am going into the restaurant business for my passion of food first. Ideally what locations in Lagos will be good for upscale restaurants? I am not familiar with Lagos, but I am planning to take a trip for one month over the summer to sample food from all the “upscale” places in Lagos.

In summary, please any form of criticisms/questions would be welcomed. With the numbers I have I think I am comfortable sinking in about 30M-50M on each restaurant. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks.
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by chuxy12(m): 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2010
i just want you to start with one restaurant and stay with it until your it grows b4 starting other branches. meanwhile look well b4 you leap cos where i stay 3 standard eateries have just closed down( mr biggs is one of them). why dont you start up something like a yoghurt or noodles factory. they are doing so well now in naija. call for a sound biz plan on either of the two
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2010
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by bigleap: 5:05pm On May 19, 2010
is a good thought email on kayville80@gmail.com
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2010
Huge opportunities still exist for discerning investors in the Restaurant business sector. For a strategic business plan that would lay the foundation for business success send email to tayo@isaiah60consulting.com
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by Akemivo(f): 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2010
I don't really have any advice to offer but i wish you all the best. Starting a business is no small deal.
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by breathless(m): 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2010
For the right amount, we will deliver the business plan to achieve this dream. We will also follow up with the implementation and execution of the plan as well as other alue added services.

Send mail if interested; info@edgestoneconsultingltd.com

Regards.
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by Fhemmmy: 2:01am On Sep 19, 2010
No matter how saturated a business is, someone could still and will always be able to break through in same business.
Like chaircover mentioned, you will need to find a way to do something that no one else has done.
It is a kinda business that i would invest in, at the right time, but for now, hands are full and cant pay attention to it the way i would love to, cos on my non presence in Nigeria.

So just go back to the drawing board and feel the pulse of people, but your price has to be right as well.

Good luck
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by meoo: 4:42am On Mar 03, 2011
In lagos I would say start in Ikoyi, Victoria Island or Lekki, maybe even bannana island or lagos island. If I was you I would look into lekki. There is a lot being done there and there is the lekki master plan being built. It would be good to build your rep in an area that many have not done yet. I have worked in many before and I can tell you people just want good food at the end of the day. You have to have something people will want to come back for.

Also serving liquor and having a full bar is plus. that attracts a lot of people

In Nigeria people forget about kid menus. A kid will have you drive across town to get them food just so they will shut their mouth while eating the food they like.
Re: Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business by docchuks(m): 6:31am On Oct 04, 2015

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook! / 10 Foods That Can Make A Woman's Breast Grow Bigger / Milo Or Bournvita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.