Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. (40268 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by mommaJ(f): 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
SORRY OP & NAIRALANDERS. I POSTED A THREAD YESTERDAY:
https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help...I REALLY NEED IT TO GET TO FRONT PAGE.PLEASE HELP US GET OUR MIRACLE. THANK YOU ALL.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by after4: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:
Nigeria has bookshops but very few readers.

Keep three books by Anthony Robbins or Zig Ziglar out in the open. No one will dare touch them. But misplace your #5 and you won't see it 5 mins later.

You'll see a book seller looking all dirty; I'll be like, How can a man be selling knowledge and still be ignorant?

Btw, I received joined a WhatsApp group where e-books by almost all the good authors (Christian and motivational) are being sent for easy download and reading. I intend opening mine, if interested to join my READING CLUB on WhatsApp...Send me your number. Thank you.

Leaders are Readers. Consistent readers are Great Leaders. Build a future that will last by investing in books today. FREE BOOKS.
abeg add me 08027262441
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by DelectableM(f): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Keep three books by Anthony Robbins or Zig Ziglar out in the open. No one will dare touch them. But misplace your #5 and you won't see it 5 mins later.

You'll see a book seller looking all dirty; I'll be like, How can a man be selling knowledge and still be ignorant?

Btw, I received joined a WhatsApp group where e-books by almost all the good authors (Christian and motivational) are being sent for easy download and reading. I intend opening mine, if interested to join my READING CLUB on WhatsApp...Send me your number. Thank you.

Leaders are Readers. Consistent readers are Great Leaders. Build a future that will last by investing in books today. FREE BOOKS.
please add me 08069070194
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2018
boostdom:
The interviewer is right jare.

In 2018, most people in Nigeria spend their days riding giraffes and hunting lions. They have no concept of money, time and culture. Yesterday, when I heard an aircraft pass overhead, I thought it was the gods keeping watch over me.

All hail King Julien.

Your level of sarcasm can only be equalled on Quora. Member! I see you

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by nothingdou1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Add me +2347065104211
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by noblealuu: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
darlenese:

I am weeping for u right now!

so Africa nor be continent ?
Country I mean.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by teamsynergy: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
opribo:

Mention the address of just one single one apart from Lagos State.

goto aderemi road in ile ife or ile epo olaiya area in oshogbo ... seek and you shall find
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Elxandre(m): 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
Bookshops indeed!
I still can't find most of chinua Achebe's works asides There was a country and Things fall apart.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Bestchisom(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by monerozi5590: 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
DeutschJunge:
Very annoying set of human beings, the ignorance is just disgusting.
Initially i use to try to educate them but with time i just let them wallow in their ignorance, useless things..
imagine telling them i am schooling and they will be looking at you like "wow!!" like a black man in university, like say na something astonishing!
or you tell them you from africa and the only thing they can imagine is you playing with wild animals..
forget white skin, they are very ignorant!

They are not useless. You are getting it all wrong.

Thank God for the white.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by TheAk(m): 10:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
boostdom:

You use leaves? You elitist bourgeois.

I use jute fiber, it's strong enough to pad my mandingo, so I don't walk with a hunch.
you're one of the enchleon arent you?i like the natural feel so i roll in mud to disguise myself(PS:we're so backwards we dont mind walking with our penis dangling around ) grin
boostdom:

You use leaves? You elitist bourgeois.

I use jute fiber, it's strong enough to pad my mandingo, so I don't walk with a hunch.
you're one of the enchleon arent you?i like the natural feel so i roll in mud to disguise myself(PS:we're so backwards we dont mind walking with our penis dangling around )
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by dasparrow: 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
monerozi5590:

They are not useless. You are getting it all wrong.

Thank God for the white.

Stop defending ignorant bigoted white people. You, like many Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex, self hate and low self esteem.

This is a new year. Rid yourself of low self esteem and self hate. Yes, Nigeria has a very long way to go but that does not mean that you should tolerate all manners of disrespect coming from these melanin-deficient euro nematodes and their constant condescending questions each time they meet black Africans.

It's disturbing how the average Nigerian is always quick to defend bigoted white people when they make all manners of condescending comments about Africans but will be quick to abuse any tribalist or bigoted Nigerian who makes condescending remarks about his/her tribe.

I guess it is okay for a white person whom you worship and adore like a mini god - even though they don't give a damn about you - to say sh!t about your people but it is not okay for your fellow Nigerian to say sh!t about your tribe. Talk about hypocrisy and double standard.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind - Bob Marley

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by dasparrow: 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
I just love Chimamanda Adichie. She is just the best.

Just watch self hating Nigerian Negroes come out of the wood works now to condemn her. Nigerians that have not achieved anything significant in their pathetic lives on earth but have a Ph.d in kissing white people's crusty azz and worshipping them.

This is why I generally don't allow Nigerians around me. I am allergic to low self esteem self hating mofos who look in the mirror and hate what they see.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Philosopher1979: 4:00am On Jan 28, 2018
WHY WON'T THEY SAY SAW WHEN WE NIGERIANS DO NOT HAVE A READING CULTURE
WE ONLY READ TO PASS EXAMS
NIGERIANS AND BLACK AFRICANS IN GENERAL DO NOT READ
THIS IS WHY WE HAVE ONLY ONE NOBLE PRIZE (SOYINKA) AND
WE ARE YET TO RECEIVE ANY OTHER NOBLE PRIZE IN THE SCIENCES OR EVEN ECONOMICS
WE GENERALLY ARE NOT INQUISITIVE AND DO NOT INVENT THINGS
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by monerozi5590: 6:30am On Jan 28, 2018
dasparrow:

Stop defending ignorant bigoted white people. You, like many Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex, self hate and low self esteem.

This is a new year. Rid yourself of low self esteem and self hate. Yes, Nigeria has a very long way to go but that does not mean that you should tolerate all manners of disrespect coming from these melanin-deficient euro nematodes and their constant condescending questions each time they meet black Africans.

It's disturbing how the average Nigerian is always quick to defend bigoted white people when they make all manners of condescending comments about Africans but will be quick to abuse any tribalist or bigoted Nigerian who makes condescending remarks about his/her tribe.

I guess it is okay for a white person whom you worship and adore like a mini god - even though they don't give a damn about you - to say sh!t about your people but it is not okay for your fellow Nigerian to say sh!t about your tribe. Talk about hypocrisy and double standard.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind - Bob Marley

You called them useless!... You don't emancipate yourself from mental slavery by insulting the white.

Stop calling them useless because they are not.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 28, 2018
XingXhang:

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by koladebrainiac(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2018
XingXhang:

common the reader are still more than France population put together
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by HezAdeagbo(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
Please add me up on whatsapp 08105607117
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by kenny714433(m): 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
XingXhang:

plz add me there
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by noblealuu: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
holysina:

Hian is Africa no longer a continent; When did that change?

Buhari's govt of change has changed it grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by holysina(m): 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2018
noblealuu:

Buhari's govt of change has changed it grin
Chai lol u no well oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Ugosample(m): 10:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
Philosopher1979:
WHY WON'T THEY SAY SAW WHEN WE NIGERIANS DO NOT HAVE A READING CULTURE
WE ONLY READ TO PASS EXAMS
NIGERIANS AND BLACK AFRICANS IN GENERAL DO NOT READ
THIS IS WHY WE HAVE ONLY ONE NOBLE PRIZE (SOYINKA) AND
WE ARE YET TO RECEIVE ANY OTHER NOBLE PRIZE IN THE SCIENCES OR EVEN ECONOMICS
WE GENERALLY ARE NOT INQUISITIVE AND DO NOT INVENT THINGS

This is the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 / Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.