Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? (826 Views)

Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) / Is Jumia Using Jazz? / Is Jumia Now A Scam?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by otegabbq: 6:03am On Jan 27, 2018
Good morning nairalanders, make una help me beg Jumia o!!!!
My first post ever, I ordered a professional culinary butane torch used for melting cheese, as am into BBQ and catering. Afterwaiting patiently for weeks, the day of delivery, I wasn't home. I begged my wife to pay the delivery guy. on getting home, It was a wrong off-point order. In which I immediately called them to complain. Another delivery guy came to pick it up. That was 2017 Nov, I think. Sad thing was all jobs of December 2017 that I was supposed to use that tool for, had to be cancelled. Lost over 100k because of their ineptitude.

I've sent over 5mails to Jumia, begging them, then even threatening them, still i'vent gotten a refund or as I told them, I still want what I ordered.

A customer care rep called me 3wks ago. I explained myself and instead of looking for a solution for me, she started asking for ratings. Does anything work in this country? Jumiaaaa!!! Nairaland is the 1st o. Am going to the pappers and texting all my blogger friends. I can't be cheated by the naija system and cheated by Jumia. Lailai. Order no: 347927772... Otegabt@yahoo.com, otegabbq@gmail.com. ..a very pissed off Jumia customer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by austin2all: 6:09am On Jan 27, 2018
take heart bro, it happens.

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by barapistis(m): 6:13am On Jan 27, 2018
Hello bro

Will deal with this case asap

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by hisgrace090: 6:20am On Jan 27, 2018
Jumia!!

Watch your back.

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by Flexherbal(m): 6:30am On Jan 27, 2018
Sorry for your loss.

Sad thing was all jobs of December 2017 that I was supposed to use that tool for, had to be cancelled. Lost over 100k because of their ineptitude.
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by DeavonP(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2018
otegabbq:
My first post ever, I ordered a professional culinary butane torch used for melting cheese, as am into BBQ and catering. Afterwaiting patiently for weeks, the day of delivery, I wasn't home. I begged my wife to pay the delivery guy. on getting home, It was a wrong off-point order. In which I immediately called them to complain. Another delivery guy came to pick it up. That was 2017 Nov, I think. Sad thing was all jobs of December 2017 that I was supposed to use that tool for, had to be cancelled. Lost over 100k because of their ineptitude.

I've sent over 5mails to Jumia, begging them, then even threatening them, still i'vent gotten a refund or as I told them, I still want what I ordered.

A customer care rep called me 3wks ago. I explained myself and instead of looking for a solution for me, she started asking for ratings. Does anything work in this country? Jumiaaaa!!! Nairaland is the 1st o. Am going to the pappers and texting all my blogger friends. I can't be cheated by the naija system and cheated by Jumia. Lailai. Order no: 347927772... Otegabt@yahoo.com, otegabbq@gmail.com. ..a very pissed off Jumia customer.

Jumia delivery is extremely poor. i ordered for a laundary machine since 15th Janaury 2018.Each time i call for the tracking, the response is always it's in the general warehouse in Lagos and i haven't gotten it till now.And no agent had called to apologize for the delay in shipment. Too bad... my worst shopping experience.
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by daamazing(m): 11:13am On Jan 27, 2018
Jumia hardly refunds..I've seen over 5 similar cases that are still yet to be refunded.

1 Like

Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by UzomaFC: 11:23am On Jan 27, 2018
otegabbq:

Bros let me tell how I got mine bk.
My sis made order 4 some1 n it was a trash and after series of calls n emails they told her that they can't take it bk.
She told me n I called them n they sd that there return policy does not permit them to take bk n refund.
After so many calls, I went to my mail n wrote them stating the rules of customer satisfaction and that if I don't take that item bk n refund me that I ll sue them in 7days according to there return policy which states that U can return an item if:
1. It's wrong delivery
2. it has defect or
3. U simply change ur mind.

And they replied it sharply n my sis has collected her money bk.
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by barapistis(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2018
DeavonP:

Jumia delivery is extremely poor. i ordered for a laundary machine since 15th Janaury 2018.Each time i call for the tracking, the response is always it's in the general warehouse in Lagos and i haven't gotten it till now.And no agent had called to apologize for the delay in shipment. Too bad... my worst shopping experience.

So many things could be wrong along the line,

But this issues will be resolve..we Jumia tries it best in resolving this issues,

Secondly there are timeline and processes involve in issue resolution..it will be solved bro
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by sulakishop(m): 11:50am On Jan 27, 2018
Jumia has scammed me at least 5 times
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by barapistis(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
sulakishop:
Jumia has scammed me at least 5 times

Lol

You sure of this
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by emmyleodet98(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
JUMIA IS A SCAM!!!!!! MOST OF THE PICTURES WE SEE ARE LIES. AM A BIG VICTIM OF THAT.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by sulakishop(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Maybe you are working for dem

barapistis:

Lol

You sure of this

Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by DeavonP(m): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2018
barapistis:

So many things could be wrong along the line,

But this issues will be resolve..we Jumia tries it best in resolving this issues,

Secondly there are timeline and processes involve in issue resolution..it will be solved bro

You're not getting my point. Delivery dates keeps changing on the tracking link and your call centre agents lied about the delivery multiple times. This is unethical for business. No mail concerning the delivery and by tomorrow 29th January, 2018 ,it will be the 11th working day for an item tagged "express" on Jumia site and is yet to be delivered. Perhaps it had been deposited a whole week at your general warehouse which is just few hours drive to my location. lol...funny you.
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by Sakaslim(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
DeavonP:

You're not getting my point. Delivery dates keeps changing on the tracking link and your call centre agents lied about the delivery multiple times. This is unethical for business. No mail concerning the delivery and by tomorrow 29th January, 2018 ,it will be the 11th working day for an item tagged "express" on Jumia site and is yet to be delivered. Perhaps it had been deposited a whole week at your general warehouse which is just few hours drive to my location. lol...funny you.
. Look man I understand how you feel, but why not go pick it up yourself since the warehouse is close to you. If you don't have a car just hail an uber. My 1 kobo
Re: Is Jumia Into Scamming Now? by UjSizzle(f): 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
Haven't had a bad experience with them before.

My colleague ordered a pair of shoes using my account late last year. It arrived this month but was a size smaller than she expected.

I called their Customer Care office, asked that the shoe be picked up. They wanted to know if I wanted a cash refund (I used JumiaPay) or a voucher. I picked the former.

Someone came for the shoe the next day, and I got my refund within 2 weeks I think.

I suppose I was lucky, because a lecturer of mine didn't get the same after they cancelled his order because his items were out of stock. It took them a considerable length of time to even offer a refund. And when they did, they insisted it had to be a voucher for that amount instead of cash. That was wrong considering they were the ones who cancelled his order. I don't get why he's being compelled to buy something else from them.

(1) (Reply)

Make Cool Cash Everyday By Selling Cheap Data & Airtime For All Networks!! / How To Register As A Paga Agent / I Really Don’t Understand The Differences Between Stocks And Options?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.