Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment (4407 Views)

Saturday Literacy Enrichment Programme For Your Child / Ministry Of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarship For Students In Taiwan, 2018 / Bostwana Student Wears Towel To Campus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by rxmusa(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2018
By Musa A Bello (The Insightful Observer)

It is very common nowadays to hear students in higher institutions of learning complaining about lack of rights fulfilment by the school authorities and other relevant stakeholders. These reasons to many, have served as the motive for joining campus Unionism either at the faculty/departmental/state association or entire institution level, but funny enough, when they get to their desired position, all that loud voice clamouring for their rights wither. Only for new ideas and ways of thinking to emerge; how to use the position to achieve cheap fame, how to enrich one's personal coffers and how to exude authority over others, and lots of other selfish attitudes.

This brings us to our question; is it really fight for Rights or mere ranting because of lack of opportunity? Certainly the later is the case.
It's very sad how so-called comrades usually seek unnecessary recognition and shamelessly expect unwarranted loyalty from the people they are supposed to lead and provide guidance to, while at the same time using every opportunity to squander the limited resources/funds of their associations.

My hope for a better Nigeria is at its highest peak now of all times because I believe the few trustworthy and sincere comrades shall Insha Allah be great leaders of this great country in the nearest future. So let's all be insightful comrades.

Nigeria shall be great again
musaabello@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by AnodaIT(m): 7:08am On Jan 27, 2018
When respective school authorities hijack the electoral process impose their stooges, there are no rights to fight for anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Flexherbal(m): 7:10am On Jan 27, 2018
AnodaIT:
When respective school authorities hijack the electoral process impose their stooges, there are no rights to fight for anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Nehemiah459(m): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2018
They are all crooks. Imagine a SUG president living like a king, with an official car and so many other goodies at the expense of students' dues. Still shouting Aluta.
Aluta gbawa gi onu.

Anyway, it is still part of the Nigerian Dream though.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by iornenge81(m): 7:22am On Jan 27, 2018
true talk

1 Like

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by yhormite: 7:25am On Jan 27, 2018
its just like the normal Nigeria politics everyone fighting for his pocket I was involved in it during my uni days
Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:26am On Jan 27, 2018
These days, Students' Union leaders are more corrupt than the so called political class. Gone are the days of when students influence national policies. If you don't know. The Ibadan-Ife expressway was dualised because of the agitation of Great Ife Students. I have also read about one "Ali must go" struggle that led to the removal of the then minister of education.

I still remember how Akinola Saburi, the former president of OAU Students' Union testified at the election tribunal when PDP claimed to have had over 30000 votes on OAU campus, even though students were on break. It was rumoured that he was later offered a political appointment but he rejected it.

Today, we now have political sycophants at the helm of affairs of our Students'Unions or SUGs as the case may be. This is one of the reasons why I won't take the #NotTooYoungToRule campaign serious.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by frankmoney(m): 7:28am On Jan 27, 2018
Campus politics is just like naija politics , it makes me see no hope in the youth , most of them are very greedy and selfish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Kharol1234: 7:29am On Jan 27, 2018
;Dgud mawin
Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2018
Mtcheeew angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Toktee(m): 7:50am On Jan 27, 2018
I just hate campus polities,to me i can say is a total waste of time.
People like Dino started their corrupt practicies right from ABU.
Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by IRIEBOY(m): 7:50am On Jan 27, 2018
campus politics is filled with young corrupt souls.. very corrupt in fact
Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2018
It's called UNIONISM and not politics. The politics tag is the reason we always get it wrong.
Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by opius: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2018
Come across this in Ekiti grin grin grin

Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by Charlesdock(m): 10:02am On Jan 27, 2018
campus politics..... Kai
Filled with violence, you can't imagine that there always bribing and attempts to rig the voting.
And these are those clamouring for #nottooyoungtorule
Re: Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment by michaelwilli(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2018
Cradle of corruption

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Defence Academy Kaduna 67RC Forum / Boy Who Built Replica Of Overhead Kano Bridge Gets US Scholarship (Photos) / Mixed Reactions As High School Students Take Turns To Smoke Weed In School (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.