Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? (2158 Views)

If U Were God, What Would U Have Done? / The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists / Joshua Bamiloye Mike: The Movie “Lucifer” Used By Devil To Win Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
Lucifer: God is incompetent. I am a better leader than him.

1/3 of angels: Lucifer is right, we should make him our Lord.

loyal angel: God! Lucifer is rebelling against you!

God: Michael! prepare for battle!

(battle ensues Lucifer lost and was cast to earth. )

God: he claims to be better than I am, let's see how well he does.

(God allows Satan to roam around and establish his kingdom so that Satan may try to beat God, so when Satan fails he will be punished for all eternity. )

well, the problem of this illustration is that, man who was innocent by that time became entangled in this experience. not only did it bring trouble into the world, it is also causing billions of people to burn in hell for eternity for a battle they were not involved in.

atheists argue that this makes no sense as God could have punished Lucifer immediately he rebelled.

but I tried to think of that alternative and it doesn't seem to work.

if God had punished Lucifer immediately, it would have given more credibility to him. as it will show God is afraid of Lucifer. this won't look good as it will only increase his followers.
(think of it in the same light of Nigeria vs Biafra. Nigeria tried to suppress Biafra in the beginning but it only made the movement stronger)

is there any other way this situation could
have turned out?
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by elgramz: 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
If I were God, I would have simy destroyed lucifer and all his supporting angels and then the world would be free of sin

3 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
This thread is for Atheist o but I know some people won't hear word
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
elgramz:
If I were God, I would have simy destroyed lucifer and all his supporting angels and then the world would be free of sin

wouldn't that make God look weak and scared of competition? and justify Lucifer more.

wouldn't it lead to more rebellion.
you would be killing people with opposing ideas
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by elgramz: 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
Gggg102:

wouldn't that make God look weak and scared of competition? and justify Lucifer more.

It is better like that than allowing Lucifer to.deceive billions of people to spend their eternity in hell.
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by DeSepiero(m): 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
Why would over 30% of all believe that the God is incompetent? Perhaps he is; and also not omnipotent.
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by hupernikao: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
Gggg102:

(God allows Satan to roam around and establish his kingdom so that Satan may try to beat God, so when Satan fails he will be punished for all eternity. )

well, the problem of this illustration is that, man who was innocent by that time became entangled in this experience. not only did it bring trouble into the world, it is also causing billions of people to burn in hell for eternity for a battle they were not involved in.

atheists argue that this makes no sense as God could have punished Lucifer immediately he rebelled.

if God had punished Lucifer immediately, it would have given more credibility to him. as it will show God is afraid of Lucifer. this won't look good as it will only increase his followers.
(think of it in the same light of Nigeria vs Biafra. Nigeria tried to suppress Biafra in the beginning but it only made the movement stronger)

have turned out?

Where exactly did you watch or read this your drama/movie. Which of the Wood? Holly or Nolly? Or your quiet time imagination-Wood?
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
hupernikao:

Where exactly did you watch or read this your drama/movie. Which of the Wood? Holly or Nolly? Or your quiet time imagination-Wood?

option c
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by hupernikao: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
Gggg102:

option c

Ok then. Continu.
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by obinna58(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
Bible stated that God created Lucifer which means he as well programmed his actions, God purposely made Lucifer to challenge him

If I were God I'll learn not to be stupid

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by philipogunti: 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
elgramz:
That's why his ways are higher than our ways. Being insensitive to every accusation doesn't make u a better leader. God almighty had the power to destroy Satan and his demons but let me use an illustration. You were the principal and also the best teacher in your own school to the extent of gaining students trust and love. A kid from senior class perhaps ss2 came and started deluding the ones in younger class maybe js1. His remarks were “forget what mr adeola(principal) is teaching u guys, am more experienced and he is teaching u the long method, why don't u use the short method. I can teach u better than him."
The matter not only caused controversy but also tension as the younger ones were starting to doubt the teacher's credibility and unfortunately some were enticed by the senior student deceits and lies just because the senior student wanted to receive authority and prestige as did the principal. U could easily expel him and the ones who follow him, but that wouldn't solve the whole issue on ground cos he may be right. But as an experienced man, the principal gave the senior student authority he longed for only for a short period to lead the class and to settle the issue about authority. The story didn't end there, the senior had already enticed even senior students to follow his course, altogether they deceived the students and the principal could only watch, sad he used several teachers to warn the younger student to be careful and not to be deceived by the senior student's lies. After contemplation, among the younger students, some were remorseful and missed their principal's teachings. He was such a great teacher and we liked the way he illustrated things for us, they thought. They pleaded the principal to come to their aid, but what could the principal do. They were only a few students that wanted him back, the rest had even forgotten the principal and were more relaxed to the short method. After several yrs passed, and exam was on the corner. The concerned man called his only son who is studying abroad to leave his masters studies and come to his school and teach of which his son listened. Remember the principal promised not to interfere with the younger student and let the senior student and his minions take over but he repeatedly used his teacher to warn and explain little things, but they wouldn't yield because they had bn so content with the senior student ways of explaining things.
The principal's only son finally arrived and upon reaching the student to teach them, they were angry upon seeing him, they stormed after him beating him in unison and embarrassing the son of the principal but he didn't relent he continued teaching until junior waec, “the day of reckoning" came. Fortunately the few that listened to the principal's son passed but the rest that listened to the senior student, not that they didn't know what they wrote but u know waec now. Show your workings. After result came out, the principal then immediately progressed the few that listened to his son and expelled the ones that were defiant including the senior student and his minions. The good ones enjoyed the wholesome teaching of their principal and the whole school became united once again
Why did the principal send for his son and not use his teachers?
This is because the principal son is the only one he could use trusting the junior student will think his son will guide them through their exams remember that he used his teachers to warn them on several occasions and only the student was well informed like the principal. A brilliant one.
How does this correlate na?
The principal is God almighty, his son is Jesus. The senior student is devil and he succeeded in making former angels( senior student minions) and turned them on his own course. The teachers are prophets God used to warn everybody. Junior waec is Armageddon. I hope the story tells u something

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
elgramz:
Now This Is Why God's foolishness is Far Greater Than Your Wisdom... Killing Is Not Always The Right Solution
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Uyi168: 9:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
DeadRat:
Now This Is Why God's foolishness is Far Greater Than Your Wisdom... Killing Is Not Always The Right Solution
..buh sending billions to hell as a result of satan's rebellion is a cool solution?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
Uyi168:
..buh sending billions to hell as a result of satan's rebellion is a cool solution?
there are certain things men may never find answers to until we meet God
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Uyi168: 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
DeadRat:
..I love ur honesty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by philipogunti: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
DeadRat:
True talk. But instead of giving that answer, why not see things in bible's perspective. I do my possible best to be reasonable towards life. As though, life in a fiery furnace doesn't seem to appeal to me. I try to apply Jesus' teachings as he talked about hell fire more than anyone. First, consider a leaf that burns. Will it burn forever? No, I tend to use the particular and precise wording “Eternal destruction." The wording doesn't mean we will burn forever. Remember God is love. Burning in a fiery fire doesn't show a God of love no matter what our sins might be.
Secondly, take a look at the way, God dealt with past cities that disobeyed God Almighty, fire was hurled from heaven and the bible described it as a punishment that will continue forever. They weren't being burned forever instead their punishment will be remembered forever. Thirdly, lake of fire that was depicted in revelation. If u read well remember death will also be cast in the lake of fire. First and foremost, revelation speaks in signs, the seven head colored dragon was referred to as satan the devil, and most of it were signs we were to ask holyspirit to discern for us. So therefore lake of fire was a condemned symbol to refer to non existence.Human that are condemned here cease to exist. A loving God to me won't burn his servants forever, that describes a tyrant. But God is love and his ways are just.
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Eyedea(m): 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
If i was god, i would be omniscient and i would know that the devil would rebel against me, so the devil wouldn't have been created.

4 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by philipogunti: 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
obinna58:
Bible stated that God created Lucifer which means he as well programmed his actions, God purposely made Lucifer to challenge him

An educated man would speak better, which means u are not educated enough, but a distressed man that believed there is no creator. Great as for ur point, We were all programmed with free will. The beauty in it is that we aren't robots and we emulate the ability to speak freely. Satan chose his own course and not due to one thing or the other. If I must ask a question. What diff is a man who commits adultery, fornication from Satan. They both sinned against God Almighty, was the man programmed to do this? No, but his lust got the better of him. Remember, angels that rebelled with Satan and the ones that chose to stay. Were the ones that stayed programmed, or are u programmed to take a course without your own approval. We were created in God's image. Part of which is the ability to decide right and wrong. The vivid pic of what happened to Adam and eve. The diff BTW the man who commits adultery and Satan is that he's the grace and prospect of running to the city of refuge(Jesus atonement) before it's too late, Satan lost his that's why he's angry like a lion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Martinez19(m): 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
Gggg102:

have turned out?
Nonsense, arrant nonsense. Does your God have to prove a point to anybody? It seems your God has a huge insecurity given that he would risk sin, diseases and suffering entering the world just to prove lucifer wrong?

1 Like

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by obinna58(m): 12:58am On Jan 29, 2018
philipogunti:
An educated man would speak better, which means u are not educated enough, but a distressed man that believed there is no creator. Great as for ur point, We were all programmed with free will. The beauty in it is that we aren't robots and we emulate the ability to speak freely. Satan chose his own course and not due to one thing or the other. If I must ask a question. What diff is a man who commits adultery, fornication from Satan. They both sinned against God Almighty, was the man programmed to do this? No, but his lust got the better of him. Remember, angels that rebelled with Satan and the ones that chose to stay. Were the ones that stayed programmed, or are u programmed to take a course without your own approval. We were created in God's image. Part of which is the ability to decide right and wrong. The vivid pic of what happened to Adam and eve. The diff BTW the man who commits adultery and Satan is that he's the grace and prospect of running to the city of refuge(Jesus atonement) before it's too late, Satan lost his that's why he's angry like a lion.

Bet you are expressing your hippocratical nature without being counsious of it, you were created by someone who arranged your past, present, future and yet claiming being in charge of every actions you take because it just really feels like we have freedom of choices

2 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Pr0ton: 2:30am On Jan 29, 2018
Or ask it this way; why did God create the pride in Satan?

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." John 1:3

If he wanted peace why didn't he create Satan to be perfect like him?

"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." 1 John 3:9

It is either God was stupid or wanted war and the birth of evil. If I were him I'd have done the two sensible things he didn't do, which would have been a better nonviolent nondestructive decision.

2 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by hopefulLandlord: 6:12am On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

wouldn't that make God look weak and scared of competition?
who exactly would Yahweh look weak to?
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by festwiz(m): 6:34am On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The entire thread just they confuse me. It's like walking alone on a lonely road and a snake is in front of you. Instead of walking away, you decided to step on it so that people (of which there is none) on the road would not laugh at you. That's just stupidity to be honest. It makes no sense at all.

1 Like

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by festwiz(m): 6:49am On Jan 29, 2018
OP, I don't know if you can follow this analogy but here goes,

A judge presiding over the case of a child molester/paedophile and finds the accused guilty of the crime and sentences him to a primary four classroom for his misdeeds. The molester has his way with the kids with the judge watching. The judge sentences the kids to a life sentence in prison for allowing themselves be used by the molester, whilst still leaving him (the molester) in the primary four class.

At what stages of the scenario above would the children have been saved?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by hopefulLandlord: 7:37am On Jan 29, 2018
On a side note, I'm of the opinion that we atheists/non theists should stop playing the Christian game by referring to Yahweh as God, call him Yahweh straight or "Your god" or "Christian god" or "Bible god" and force Christians to be on the defensive so they don't have to play the bait and switch game of "arguing for a god" then pretend they're "arguing for Yahweh", when we keep using "God" as "their god" we are making the game easier for them to play

I know its difficult at first to start but I've actually mastered it now and I know all non theists can do the same

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by frank317: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

They are his creations. Why will God bother about competition with his creation? I dont understand.

If u create a robot and it corrupts, would u be more concerned with what other robots think when you repair or destroy the corrupt robot?

So u would rather have the robot corrupt other robots because u dont want the other robits to thinking u are scared of competition?

U call God the almighty and all powerful yet he is considering competing with his creation. This God funny sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
elgramz:

FORTUNATELY YOU'RE NOT "GOD", THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO MAN.

1 Like

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
@ OP, the question you should be asking is did the said Lucifer really rebelled or there is something those guys are hiding from us down here...?
Peace..!!!

3 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

hopefulLandlord:

Martinez19:
Nonsense, arrant nonsense. Does your God have to prove a point to anybody? It seems your God has a huge insecurity given that he would risk sin, diseases and suffering entering the world just to prove lucifer wrong?
frank317:

They are his creations. Why will God bother about competition with his creation? I dont understand.

If u create a robot and it corrupts, would u be more concerned with what other robots think when you repair or destroy the corrupt robot?

So u would rather have the robot corrupt other robots because u dont want the other robits to thinking u are scared of competition?

U call God the almighty and all powerful yet he is considering competing with his creation. This God funny sha
Martinez19:

well what I'm thinking is that God should have punished Lucifer from the beginning.
but somehow it doesn't sound right to me. after all Lucifer had not done anything yet. wouldn't it be like killing baby Hitler if God had punished him before he did anything?

also I'm thinking if God had thrown Lucifer into hell immediately, it would only increase his followers. it would make God a dictator and destroy the concept of free will.
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by frank317: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

well what I'm thinking is that God should have punished Lucifer from the beginning.
but somehow it doesn't sound right to me. after all Lucifer had not done anything yet. wouldn't it be like killing baby Hitler if God had punished him before he did anything?

also I'm thinking if God had thrown Lucifer into hell immediately, it would only increase his followers. it would make God a dictator and destroy the concept of free will.

Was God confused about what to do with Lucifer, his creation? So how had the decision God finally made reduced Lucifer's followers? tell me 2 good things we can extract from Gods decision.

1 Like

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2018
frank317:

Was God confused about what to do with Lucifer, his creation? So how had the decision God finally made reduced Lucifer's followers? tell me 2 good things we can extract from Gods decision.

I'm not saying the decision is good

I'm asking if there is any alternative that is good
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by budaatum: 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
obinna58:

Classic!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Most Churches Avoid Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 Teachings "CHECK IT OUT" / Water Baptism, A Must? / African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.