Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! (1490 Views)

Hold A Pepper Spray - Beverly Osu To Ladies Who Drive Alone At Night In Lagos / Dorcas Shola Fapson And Her Pepper Spray Trend In Nigeria / Dorcas Shola Fapson Is "Pepper Spray" Ambassador - Twitter User Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
[img]https://2.bp..com/-yGzthiM0wNc/Wmyjcv-lQ5I/AAAAAAAAAXw/rEJ5jwfKAnUacWRFN3q8611S7V_MlNnOgCLcBGAs/s200/6000191284684.jpg[/img]
DISCLAIMER:

This post is intended as a self-defense tutorial. Do not at any time use this information to deliberately cause harm to innocent persons.

Since news of MTV Shuga actress, Dorcas Shola Fapson's near escape from an alleged kidnapper broke out, I have followed pretty much all the reactions of Nigerians on some of the country's most popular blogs and forums. One thing I found (and still find) fascinating is the ignorance of many Nigerians regarding why a young lady should have a pepper spray in her hand bag.�
This is seriously unbelievable. The way some people even claim to be unravelling the mystery of the alleged assault makes no sense. If your magic trick to uncovering the guilty party in the alleged assault is tied to your irrational belief that a young lady shouldn't have a pepper spray on hand, then you my dear, are the problem with the Nigerian educational system.
I have carried a pepper spray in my bag for years not because I have "a motive" but for self-defense sake. You wouldn't know how important a self-defense tool is until you desperately need one at a time when it is probably too late.
I am not here to take sides with either party but rather to teach you how to make a beyond basic self-defense pepper spray since those I have seen trying to make homemade pepper sprays don't seem to be doing it particularly right.
Apparently, pepper sprays are sold in select shops and stores in Nigeria but many people either do not have access to, or simply can't locate these stores. Besides, they are extra expensive for such a tiny bottle. Hopefully when you finish reading this post, you would be able to make your own pepper spray from scratch for only a fraction of the cost these fancy stores sell them.

WHY PEPPER SPRAY

•Pepper sprays are non-toxic and lack the capacity to cause any permanent damage when administered.
•They are a cheap, durable non-lethal self-defense tool.
•Not forgetting, having a pepper spray can buy you as much as 30 minutes of time to escape from your attacker(s).

There are a thousand and one ways to make a pepper spray but for the sake of this post, I will be sharing my most basic recipe.

Supplies you would need are:
•Fresh pepper (the hotter, the better)
•Vinegar or Alcohol (either of Vodka, Rubbing alcohol, Brandy)
•Fresh Ginger or Garlic OR Both. (Optional)
•Oil
•A jar to mix.

WHY THESE INGREDIENTS?

Fresh pepper:
For obvious reasons. Hello....It's called a "pepper spray".

Alcohol/Vinegar:
This helps the heat of all the ingredients infuse properly and very fast too. NEVER EVER use water as a substitute. The mixture would always be hotter when infused in alcohol and did I mention the alcohol serves as a preservative also?

Ginger/Garlic:
When attacked, your aim is to cause your attacker as much non-lethal discomfort as possible to buy you as much time to relocate to a safe environment. Ginger and garlic irritate the nostrils thereby causing sneezing.

Oil: Do NOT under any circumstance leave this out. This helps the pepper spray to stick on the skin longer by making it hard to wash off instantly.
Have you ever tried to wash oily skin without soap? Yeah that's exactly the aim of this.

DIRECTIONS

•Grate all fresh ingredients.
•Add grated ingredients into the jar and pour alcohol or vinegar over them.
•Add about 1/2 a tsp of oil.
•Let all ingredients infuse into the alcohol for at least 1 week. (The longer, the better)
•After waiting time is up, strain the infused alcohol into a spray bottle.
*Voila.....Your very own pepper spray.

Now getting the mixture right is only one part of the task, getting the right spray bottle is just as important.

Stay away from this kind of spray bottle:

[img]https://3.bp..com/-vGX1joplSEY/WmycbWvqSWI/AAAAAAAAAXY/1XQsV5rgi10N1JT09nLpERP8jeGo_R3ZQCLcBGAs/s200/21O3E5I9NBL._SY355_.jpg[/img]

This spray bottle lacks direction and distance advantage. This simply means your pepper spray would be of importance only when you are in close proximity with your attacker.
Talking of direction, when you spray, the liquid just goes all over the place which puts you at just as much risk as your attacker, if not more.

These bottles pictured below are preferable. Not only do possess much more direction advantage, they also cover a larger distance than the previous spray bottle. So you don't have to come in direct contact with your attacker before "unleashing". Lol!

[img]https://3.bp..com/-tQm3dE46w1o/WmycddhLmEI/AAAAAAAAAXc/wwjAsipTmXI9fWFNKC4rm90BQe83w7wHwCLcBGAs/s200/611tEtcH8pL._SY355_.jpg[/img]
So that's it people. I hope you found this post helpful. Share with your friends and don't forget to check out my previous posts.

Again, this post is intended as a self-defense tutorial. Do not at any time use this to deliberately cause harm to innocent persons.
Source: http://ariketalks..com.ng/2018/01/dont-buy-pepper-spray-make-yours.html
Lalasticlala, Seun

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by RoyalBlak007: 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by NLbully(m): 5:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Speechless

The dude below me gat something to say though
Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
NLbully:
Speechless

The dude below me gat something to say though
I'm open to criticism. Go ahead and insult me if you please. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2018
I will definitely be making this. Everyone needs it especially the girls. Nowhere is safe in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
We need it some men are becoming desperate, it's terrible.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by ipobarecriminals: 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
cool sad nah permanent blindness ur own method oo..Good for the criminals sha.Wish there's aradite type..U just tell to Aba/Alaba boys biz.Nah to go develop am remain
Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
cool sad nah permanent blindness ur own method oo..Good for the criminals sha.Wish there's aradite type..U just tell to Aba/Alaba boys biz.Nah to go develop am remain
Trust me it isn't. It is just enough to buy anyone adequate time to flee to safety.

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by ipobarecriminals: 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
ariketalks:

Trust me it isn't. It is just enough to buy anyone adequate time to flee to safety.
why expose it? beta start small scale biz b4 those developers develop it

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
why expose it? beta start small scale biz b4 those developers develop it
Hahaha. Lol. Not everything is about money. BTW, times are hard and maybe someone who might need it won't be able to afford buying it from me. It's okay. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
Shouldn't this be on fp. I have come across many ladies womdering how to get it.
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2018
cool
Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by OKorowanta: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2018
Full pot of hot egusi soup naim one guy pour for arm robber face for night for Warri some years back.
The robber was caught as the rest of d gang ran for their life.

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Blackhawk01: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2018
Ha! Op, God bless you! I'm making 4 bottles, the Nigerians of today can't be trusted. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 28, 2018
OKorowanta:
Full pot of hot egusi soup naim one guy pour for arm robber face for night for Warri some years back.
The robber was caught as the rest of d gang ran for their life.
Serves the robber right, but you cant always carry soup in your bag.
Blackhawk01:
Ha! Op, God bless you! I'm making 4 bottles, the Nigerians of today can't be trusted. lipsrsealed
Amen. Glad you found the post helpful. May God protect us all.
Seun fp pls, you may be saving someone's life.
Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 18, 2018
And now they said pepper spray is illegal. God help us in this country.
Re: Don't Buy A Pepper Spray! Make Yours! by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 03, 2020
Bump.

(1) (Reply)

Figure Of Nigerian Female Model Set Instagram On Fire (photos) / Nnamdi Ezeigbo Wealth & Biography / Could This Be Linda Ikeji Baby Daddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.