Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Blood Money Lover, A Play By Staru1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blood Money Lover, A Play By Staru1 (494 Views)

The White Storm (play By Aisha Ibrahim) / The Blood Of My Lover (a Short Story) / The Blind Lover(A story of love and pain)-EPISODE 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blood Money Lover, A Play By Staru1 by Staru1(m): 1:46am On Jan 28, 2018
Once upon a time, there is a community in bowwow L.G.A IMO state named ALIKE .

The villagers have a priest named Ede yeoman, A King named HRH B.C WU , a warrior named Prince Murdoch and king adviser named Ezechiel.

The king's adviser received letter from his brother at Lagos, signifying a white man interest over using their village lands for planting coco.

The letter indicates the benefits any person that will contribute in enabling the plantation to take place in the village as the village's rules and regulation does not permit stranger to use their land.

However, Ezechiel noticed that the priest is living a fake life, also a lover of money. so, the king's adviser lure the priest.
king's adviser; my priest, may your day be long.

Priest; and also with you our king's adviser, what bought you to the shrine in this hot afternoon?

King's adviser: I have a good news for you, i got a letter which signified a white man coming to our land to farm coco, in the letter he promised to develop our village and will also pay you big money if you agreed on what i will ask to do.

Priest: where is the letter? who gave you the letter and why must it be in our land?

king's adviser; here is the letter, Mr.Whitman sent it through my brother, he said our land have good soil that supports coco from their researches.

Priest; OK, what do you have me doing for you in this case?

[right][i]king's adviser: You are our priest, the eyes of the gods........it is only you the king can listen in this case. so,firstly, you will go for town criers, when the king and the villagers gathers, you shall tell them that the gods have spoken to you, that a certain white man would be coming to the village to farm, they should allow him or get ready to face calamity that will come upon the community..Mr.Whitman would pay you heavily once he arrived.

Priest ; Alright.

warrior ; hello priest, may your day be long. i hope no problem?

Priest: greetings, i have message from the gods,and going for town crier because of the urgency .

warrior; what is this message this time around?

priest; are you questioning the gods..........am going to palace to see the king.

Priest; my king may your day be long. my king, the gods have spoken.......i shall be in the market square tomorrow when the villagers will be present, i shall deliver as the gods directs me.

King; thank you my priest, i know the gods will not left us without a word, they knows the best for our community, i will be there by tomorrow.

warrior: greetings Mr Ede, the king's adviser.....am worried over the message which the priest will be delivering tomorrow, only the gods knows the tricks he came with this time around,
king's adviser; why you don't believe in the priest?

warrior ; because the priest lives a fake life, he doesn't sleep in the burial ground as he claimed rather early morning he run to there with a claim that he have slept there.

king's adviser; may the gods have mercy on you.

unfortunately, the priest and king's adviser does not know that the warrior can read and write.

The warrior went to the bush with his girl friend named machismo,

machismo: it is time to go before the priest will meet us here, you knows the penalty.

warrior : leave that thing, priest does not sleep here.

suddenly, they saw priest coming out of bush, they went to hid.

machismo: i told you but you didn't believe me, thank God he do not see us.

warrior: i believe he is here because of his tomorrow's announcement in the village square.

priest:The next day, he announces to his people's hearing.

king's adviser; he talks about letter he received about a planned forming coco.

The king asked if the letter and the messages from the gods is the same. The priest said the gods told him to tell the villagers about a certain stranger coming in the land to foam but never tell him what the stranger would be farming.

The village warrior demanded for the letter, they asked him if he can read and he said yes.....they refused to show him the letter.

The priest and king's adviser marvels over the warrior knowing how to read, wondering how many secrets they warrior must have kept within himself.

The fixed date came, villagers gathers, singing and waiting for the white man arrival. The King was equally presents. They get tried of waiting and left in annoyance along with their king.

The white man arrived with his interpreter named miser English very late, it happened that Mr.Whitman was so tried over a long trip and needed some rest, so he sent his interpreter to king in order to plead for his inability to still come to his palace till tomorrow.

The warrior forced miser English to kiss his leg, then order him to bring Mr.Whitman to king's palace.
Mr.Whitman and his interpreter miser English arrived palace, the warrior again forced Mr.Whitman and miser English to kiss leg.

The warrior asked Mr.Whitman if his land they don't have regard for their leaders?
Mr.white-man apologizes and returns to the arranged bedroom.

HINTS : Priest hears from gods, king rules , warrior represents in a fight and adviser directs the king, Mr.Whitman came for other purpose not coco, miser English was later killed by warrior , priest was killed by miser English, king's adviser later confessed , Mr.Whitman lost his life at last last.
TO BE CONTINUED ....
email me with gen.uchepromise@gmail or drop your email for full version free of charge.

facebook.com/staru1
whatsapp 08135372406[color=#770077][/color]

(1) (Reply)

POEM: The Road Not Taken, What Does It Mean? / Determiners In English / Vampire From Nowhere Episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.