Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

World Cancer Day 2018: We Can. I Can. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Cancer Day 2018: We Can. I Can. (538 Views)

World Cancer Day: Let's Close The Cancer Gap / World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria / World Cancer Day: Only 8 Teaching Hospitals Have Radiotherapy Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Cancer Day 2018: We Can. I Can. by ibietela2(m): 9:05am On Jan 28, 2018
Cancer affects everyone in a unique way, and if your loved one suffers from it, you would know just how distressing it could be. World Cancer Day is a chance to look at things differently and bring a change.

The Event:

The day is celebrated each year on 4th February. WHO and UICC are two organizations that ensures that the day is spent raising awareness about the issue and the same would be this year – with discussions on how we can reduce the effects of cancer or even potentially prevent it from happening in the first place. Each Unity Band worn and everything that is donated is a symbol of the support shown towards fighting this deadly disease.

The funds support scientists, and doctors in their cancer research and helps them bring new measures to help cancer patients lead a healthier life. The day also ensures that cancer patients feel more at ease with the world and do not feel left out, thanks to the society accepting them more. For others, it is a chance to show solidarity with those with the disease.

Source: https://www.healthable.org/world-cancer-day-2018/

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Boobs Look Bigger For Sexy You / An Accountant Wish To Set Up A Pharmacy-advice Needed / How To Treat Ulcer At Home With No Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.