Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) (51512 Views)

Man Rocks Jesus Costume For Halloween, Feeds People On The Street With Bread / 9ja Guy Rocks Agbada Made From Dangote Cement Bag / Kourtney Koko, Little Girl Wears Ripped Jeans In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Femipapi: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
SonyObsessed:
Chino stormed his traditional wedding in style with his Igbo angels. The groom stood out by rocking Yoruba’s traditional attire as they ‘dobale’ for the bride’s family.

Chino and Fikayo met in 2012 and tied the knot last weekend at the Beachfront, Landmark Centre, Lagos. They did both the Yoruba traditional wedding and Igbo traditional wedding all in one day. The Yoruba-Igbo wedding is the highest inter-tribal wedding in Nigeria and it’s getting more

rampant in recent years.

Photography by Akintayo Timi for Bellanaija.

More Photos: http://www.weddings.ng/blog/igbo-man-rocks-agbada-marries-his-yoruba-bride-in-style-photos

Lovely. God bless their union

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by wink2015(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
CLEAN-SHAVING THAT UGLY LOOKING BEARD would have been the bridegroom ( husband ) first priority

Clean shaven makes his look his natural youth and much better.

Happy married life.
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by olasco18(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
igbo guyx wit stupidity are lik 5 and 6....intead of u to wish dem d best u ar busy commentin rubbish frm ur leaking brain....say no to tribalism

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Franking: 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
I am Igbo and happy for the couple. Some Yoruba people are bad just as some Igbos are bad. All in all, say no to tribalism.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
olasco18:
igbo guyx wit stupidity are lik 5 and 6....intead of u to wish dem d best u ar busy commentin rubbish frm ur leaking brain....say no to tribalism

We dont want your yoruba women in our backyard.

This is a one off and let use this opportunity to warn those Osu about not bring their Afonja people to Alaigbio.

Enough is enough!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Deathlezz: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

KimCutie, this is a typical example of intellectual laziness among Nigerian bloggers I was referring to.

The name 'Fikayo' is not a Yoruba name, and the pictures confirmed it. The lady is either Urhobo or Isoko, not Yoruba. A simple Google search would have confirmed it instead of rushing to post falsehood.

Mediocrity angry
i think “fikayo” is an endearment or sobriquet of some sort. As is “Chino”

Neither urhobo nor Isoko goes by that name and no where in urhobo or Isoko tradition does a groom genuflect of the floor completely.
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Kimcutie: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

KimCutie, this is a typical example of intellectual laziness among Nigerian bloggers I was referring to.

The name 'Fikayo' is not a Yoruba name, and the pictures confirmed it. The lady is either Urhobo or Isoko, not Yoruba. A simple Google search would have confirmed it instead of rushing to post falsehood.

Mediocrity angry
But the people who quoted you, suggested otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by vincentus16: 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2018
Kenzico:
Congrats to the Groom!!
Still on Still....Na Igbo girls sweet pass
Umu nwanyi Igbo di uto!!!
Umu nwanyi igbo amaka!!!
says who

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by vincentus16: 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
People are finally getting it. We are all from the human race. Mixing culture and ethnicity brings excitement to the marriage.

Learning and accepting each others culture can be a challege, but life is boring without challenges. Plus bi-lingual children have higher intelligence studies show.
Happy married life!
asin eeh
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
Criis:

Who asked you?

Awareness matters alot so he's right by letting others kmow the value igbo men attach to marriage .

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
People are finally getting it. We are all from the human race. Mixing culture and ethnicity brings excitement to the marriage.

Learning and accepting each others culture can be a challege, but life is boring without challenges. Plus bi-lingual children have higher intelligence studies show.
Happy married life!

U know see say na only seven people like all that gibberish ur writing.

Complete trash! Intelliegence is now based on mixed breeding.

Guy, even the bible dont support that. Let us stick to our separate culture, learn and respect each other.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by dangotesmummy: 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
RandyLewis:
onye nzuzu
ndi ara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Efewestern: 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

You and your generation are raving lunatics and nincompoops. My in-laws are Isoko and with two fikayos in the mix.

Idiot!!

Lol.. be like you they vex this afternoon o.. where Sanchez01 , come and carry your wife.

back to the question, "Fikayo" sounds yoruba, i can't really find any urhobo meaning to it.

If you know someone bearing the name you can also spell out the full name so I can give the real meaning.. but Fikayo doesn't has no root in edoid language.

happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by InfiniteLoopx: 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
lol... this thread funny die. I no even know say ishilove dey vex too. Omo see mouth cheesy
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
[s]
Efewestern:

Lol.. be like you they vex this afternoon o.. where Sanchez01 , come and carry your wife.

back to the questions, "Fikayo" sounds yoruba, i can't really find any urhobo meaning to it.

If you know someone bearing the name you can also spell out the full name so I go give the real meaning.. but Fikayo doesn't has not root in edoid language.

happy Sunday.
[/s]

Who ask u?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by nowpresence(f): 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

You and your generation are raving lunatics and nincompoops. My in-laws are Isoko and with two fikayos in the mix.

Idiot!!
I am urhobo. fikayo means nothing in urhobo, or even Isoko. I guess your in-laws grew up in Yoruba land hence the name.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by kramer: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2018
hammer6F:

We igbo men have sworn never to marry Yoruba women. angry

And who da fug even wants to marry your tribal a$$? Abeg gerrarahia you proud somamabinch!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Adebowale89(m): 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
She's so lucky to be married to my culture my brothers treats women well...... wise girl wink

the way you people hype yourself most times can be nauseating, even though I'd take it as a joke.. you're just unhappy person breed&brought up with hatred and tribalism

I wish the couple HML

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
kramer:

And who da fug even wants to marry your tribal a$$? Abeg gerrarahia you proud somamabinch!

grin

U know that feeling wen u know ur hot. grin grin grin grin

u cannot deny anything here! u want it! cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by olril17(m): 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
Loveisgood:
Of all the social media platforms nairaland has the highest number of under age children
the owner of nairaland should be thoroughly ashamed of himself for building such an aveneue for hatred and tribalism just because of traffic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Efewestern: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
nowpresence:

I am urhobo. fikayo means nothing in urhobo, or even Isoko. I guess your in-laws grew up in Yoruba land hence the name.

The argument wasn't necessary, Urhobo and isoko dont bear anything like that, that's pure yoruboid name, itsekiri might bear something similar but definitely not urhobo/isoko .

We are learning everyday thou.
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Sanchez02: 2:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
Efewestern:

back to the questions, "Fikayo" sounds yoruba, i can't really find any urhobo meaning to it.

If you know someone bearing the name you can also spell out the full name so I go give the real meaning.. but Fikayo doesn't has not root in edoid language.

happy Sunday.
Lol. You are correct, actually. Fikayo is a short form of the Yoruba name 'Fikunayo-mi', meaning 'add to my joy'. However the name isn't complete without its prefix which is largely dependent on the faith, event or circumstances surrounding the birth of the family at the time the child was born.

An example of such name would be; 'Oluwafikunayomi' - 'The Lord has added to my joy'. The shortened form is often derived because 'Oluwafikunayomi' or 'Fikunayomi' is considered longer or more complicated in pronouncing everytime.

I used to have a classmate way back who went by the name 'Fikayo' and in some cases 'Fikun'. It's just about the same way I have an Ekiti friend who goes by the name 'Fikemi'.

Cc
Ishilove kiss

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
[s]
Efewestern:

The argument wasn't necessary, Urhobo and isoko dont bear anything like that, that's pure yoruboid name, itsekiri might bear something similar but definitely not urhobo/isoko .

We are learning everyday thou.
[/s]

Ur tribe is not relevant stop this futile attempt at promoting ur littleness!

we cant even see u so i have to keep highlighting so they can see u.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by kramer: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
She's so lucky to be married to my culture my brothers treats women well...... wise girl wink

I just hope the husband doesn't die.. I know how your ppl like to claim their brother's property wife tongue

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

Idiot!!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
This is wat we are trying to deny Yoruba women and u know we will succeed.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by kramer: 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
hammer6F:

grin

U know that feeling wen u know ur hot. grin grin grin grin

u cannot deny anything here! u want it! cool

Yes you are right, I really want it bad cry cry the urge to jam my timbaland boot up your tribalistic ar$e is killin me grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by ShootToKill: 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
Fikayo simply ran away from her dirty alomo-drinking underperforming ewedu brothers with shrunken d1cks.

A real masculine IGBOTIC d1ck have reset her skull permanently.

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by wtfcoded: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
Which juju did this afonja used on my brother undecided
I thought it's only their men that comes after our gals. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
manci:
and who is going to marry his uncountable yam leg's sister's?
Don't quote me , you shameless tribal bigot.
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by kramer: 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

Idiot!!

Lol.. talk about being stubborn as a mofucka, I'm sure you've learnt your lesson from all the replies you got

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
wtfcoded:
Which juju did this afonja used on my brother undecided
I thought it's only their men that comes after our gals. undecided

The thing just tire me, i swear!

E be like say her mama cook give am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have Never Felt So Much Pain In My Life, Lady With Artificial Nails Cries / The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland. / Can You Rock This Designer Suit? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.