Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified (719 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by DavidEsq(m): 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
By what factor or characteristic do we say a person is a true Christian?
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 29, 2018
I thank you so much for this question.
What a wonderful question.
You know, the Bible says that "they will know us by our love for one another (Paraphrased) John 13:35 KJV.
So technically....how we treat one another oftentimes ( hopefully with the motive of love)....shows true and practical Christianity.
Boy do we fall short though....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by DavidEsq(m): 6:10am On Feb 02, 2018
MsNgo40:
You know, the Bible says that "they will know us by our love for one another (Paraphrased) John 13:35 KJV.
So technically....how we treat one another oftentimes ( hopefully with the motive of love)....shows true and practical Christianity.
That's exactly what Jesus Christ said: "That we shld have intense live for fellow Christians and by this the world wld know that we are his disciples".
The reverse is the case today. Ppl think buts by speaking in tongues, which has been badly understood, that makes one a true Christian.
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Wilgrea7(m): 6:25am On Feb 02, 2018
MsNgo40:

hello.. if the criteria for being a true Christian is loving one another then can you call a hindu who loves others a true Christian ?
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 03, 2018
Wilgrea7:

hello.. if the criteria for being a true Christian is loving one another then can you call a hindu who loves others a true Christian ?

Hi brother,
Well I couldn't call a Hindu a Christian, cause obviously a Hindu is of a different belief-set than mine. I do think, however, (and correct me if I'm wrong), that each religion has some emphasis on "love" somewhere in the foundation.
I can only speak from the standpoint of a follower of Christ who has a blueprint (the Bible) as my guide, and Christ as my example.
Thanks for asking me this though.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Nobody: 2:09am On Feb 03, 2018
DavidEsq:

That's exactly what Jesus Christ said: "That we shld have intense live for fellow Christians and by this the world wld know that we are his disciples".
The reverse is the case today. Ppl think buts by speaking in tongues, which has been badly understood, that makes one a true Christian.

Yep you are so correct brother.
"Doing" things as opposed to "being" (meaning having character) is the problem that many Christians struggle with.
It's all about the heart...and how one has allowed the Holy Spirit to transform it.
I'll be the first to say that the Lord is still working on me....
I just think about Matthew 7:22 and 1 Corinthians 13....and pray to the Lord to truly transform me and check my motives...
We may fool people (all the time)....but not God (anytime) who sees and knows the motives of the heart.
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by DavidEsq(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2018
MsNgo40:

Yep you are so correct brother.
"Doing" things as opposed to "being" (meaning having character) is the problem that many Christians struggle with.
It's all about the heart...and how one has allowed the Holy Spirit to transform it.
I'll be the first to say that the Lord is still working on me....
I just think about Matthew 7:22 and 1 Corinthians 13....and pray to the Lord to truly transform me and check my motives...
We may fool people (all the time)....but not God (anytime) who sees and knows the motives of the heart.
Even the concept of speaking in tongues is being misinterpreted. The tongues has nothing to do with a heavenly language. It's a miraculous speaking in other people's languages. In Acts 2:7-12, the Galileans Jews, wr said to speak the languages of the Persians, Medes, Parthians, Elamites, Egyptians, Arabians, etc about the wonderful things of God. In other words, speaking the wonderful things of God meant preaching and the result was that Peter was able to preach to all of them and they all understood him, despite being of different languages.
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Himmler: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2018
I am a Christian, you can all start by showing me love here. I want love, lots of love from Y'all. Ok, should I post my account number now?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Omudia11: 7:57am On Feb 03, 2018
Islam does not emphasise on Love and nor is Allah said to be loving.
MsNgo40:

Hi brother,
Well I couldn't call a Hindu a Christian, cause obviously a Hindu is of a different faith. I think (and correct me if I'm wrong), that each religion has some emphasis on "love" somewhere in the foundation.
I can only speak from the standpoint of a follower of Christ who has a blueprint (the Bible) as my guide, and Christ as my example.
Thanks for asking me this though.
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 04, 2018
Omudia11:
Islam does not emphasise on Love and nor is Allah said to be loving.

Ok...well I wasn't speaking about radical Islam. I was speaking about the overwhelming percentage of Muslims who (although have a different belief-set than mine) have loving natures. I am not that well-versed in Islam, but I have met some very kind and loving Muslims.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 04, 2018
DavidEsq:

Even the concept of speaking in tongues is being misinterpreted. The tongues has nothing to do with a heavenly language. It's a miraculous speaking in other people's languages. In Acts 2:7-12, the Galileans Jews, wr said to speak the languages of the Persians, Medes, Parthians, Elamites, Egyptians, Arabians, etc about the wonderful things of God. In other words, speaking the wonderful things of God meant preaching and the result was that Peter was able to preach to all of them and they all understood him, despite being of different languages.

Although that's one of the most widely misinterpreted scripture verses, which I have commented on before (and a topic for another time), I agree with you 100 percent.
It's one of those "doctrinal issues" that must be sincerely prayed over and have the Holy Spirit give proper understanding...
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by paxonel(m): 2:09am On Feb 04, 2018
True Christians are seen by the world when they love one another which is very good , that is the stand point of human view.
But God's view of a true Christian is totally different.
God views true Christians by their faith not by how they love one another.

A scripture says without faith it is impossible to please God.
which means, even with the love God is not pleased except faith is added to it
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Kobojunkie: 4:03am On Mar 18
DavidEsq:
Jesus Christ never said what you claim. He instead spoke those words to His followers who are absolutely not of the religion of Christianity;Jesus Christ disavowed religion beginning with the religion of His time. undecided
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by DavidEsq(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never said what you claim. He instead spoke those words to His followers who are absolutely not of the religion of Christianity;Jesus Christ disavowed religion beginning with the religion of His time. undecided
Try leave kai-kai, abeg
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Mar 21
DavidEsq:
■ Try leave kai-kai, abeg
You should do that actually since you actually think Jesus Christ was speaking to you Christians. No, He was instead speaking of those whom His Father sent Him to, which is Only to the Lost sheep of Israel. Additionally, not only did Jesus Christ castigate and disavow the religious leaders of His time He equally distanced Himself from their doctrines and traditions, proclaiming them all antiChrist lies designed to deceive people away from following the Truth of God. If you are not even aware of this, then surely something is wrong with your mix there. undecided
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by DavidEsq(m): 8:49pm On Mar 21
Kobojunkie:
You should do that actually since you actually think Jesus Christ was speaking to you Christians. No, He was instead speaking of those whom His Father sent Him to, which is Only to the Lost sheep of Israel. Additionally, not only did Jesus Christ castigate and disavow the religious leaders of His time He equally distanced Himself from their doctrines and traditions, proclaiming them all antiChrist lies designed to deceive people away from following the Truth of God. If you are not even aware of this, then surely something is wrong with your mix there. undecided
Be like u never ready to leave kai-kai
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Mar 21
DavidEsq:
■ Be like u never ready to leave kai-kai
Kai-kai is good for those those who can handle it. But the fact that you don't even know what the Jesus Christ you pretend to believe in actually said means you are definitely on lots not good for you. undecided

Again, You should do that actually since you actually think Jesus Christ was speaking to you Christians. No, He was instead speaking of those whom His Father sent Him to, which is Only to the Lost sheep of Israel. Additionally, not only did Jesus Christ castigate and disavow the religious leaders of His time He equally distanced Himself from their doctrines and traditions, proclaiming them all antiChrist lies designed to deceive people away from following the Truth of God. If you are not even aware of this, then surely something is wrong with your mix there. undecided
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:45pm On Mar 21
DavidEsq:

Be like u never ready to leave kai-kai

John 13:34-35
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by DavidEsq(m): 9:53pm On Mar 21
MaxInDHouse:

John 13:34-35
A kai-kai addict always runs with a one-sided path because that's how his brain has been affected by the kai-kai he imbibes
Re: What Is The Factor By Which True Christians Are Identified by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21
DavidEsq:

A kai-kai addict always runs with a one-sided path because that's how his brain has been affected by the kai-kai he imbibes
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Stone With Image Of “jesus Christ” Found In Ibadan.pics / Pope Francis Replaced By John Piper / Lets Find Out The True Religeon And Diety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.