Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village (1274 Views)

Man Builds Toilet That Generates Gas For Cooking & Electricity / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant / Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village by bumi10(m): 1:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects Electricity To His Entire Village

Let me start by saying; there is no iota of doubt that Nigeria have best brains in every expect of life and talents are being wasted because nobody to sponsor most of this young and vibrant individuals. One of such individual today, regardless of the constraints and disabilities has come up with a power plant. His name is John Magiro Wangari.

According to Naij.com, this young man started toying with the idea of using his brother's bicycle's dynamo to produce energy because of the fact that they hardly have electricity and are confined to using only lamps and other achaic methods of lightening. He pondered over how the dynamo worked to produce light while riding the bicycle.

Wangari explained:

"I decided to combine the dynamo with an alternator from a car and took it to a waterfall. When the water spins the turbine, the turbine in turns spins the alternator, which then produces energy."a Wngari saw this as the only way he could address the challenge of using Kerosene lamps which posed many people to respiratory diseases as noted by health experts.

As of today, he has built a fully functional mini power plant and connected 250 homes in Murang'a county with affordable electricity.

Among those who have benefited from Wangari's self-made hydro-power include his village mate Shem Chege. According to Shem Chege, who is currently one of Wangari's customers, the rural electricity has had a huge impact in his house.

Chege said:

"It has helped us a lot. Back then I was using kerosene as source of light and for reading. Now I use the electricity to read and the children use it to do their homework."

The government has since taken note of the life-changing rural electrification initiative and has offered to support Wangari's project. According to Wangary, "They wanted to reward me for the renewable power plant. They gave me two transformers so that I could grow my business and sell affordable electricity to the villagers."

He now plans to double the connection from 250 homes in his village by building sub micro-hydro plants in other counties.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/01/man-builds-own-power-plant-from-scratch.html?m=1

cc dominique obinoscopy mynd44 lalasticlala

Re: Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village by 12submarine(m): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
Our govt needs to liberalise the power sector to allow for individual generation and selling of electric power. I have been thinking of similar project lately but the thought of govt monopoly always give me some hiccups. Liberalisation and imposition of tax to individuals will go a long way in reducing the acute power shortage, create employment etc. But what do I know, the govt may have her reason.
Re: Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village by Omudia11: 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
Wow
Re: Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village by Beremx(f): 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2018
If this happens in Nigeria, bad belle NEPA people might not let him succeed knowing the fact he generates money from his electricity distribution. Kudos to him
Re: Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village by VULCAN(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
The moment I saw the fellow's name I knew he was Kenyan, shame on the OP for claiming that he is a Nigerian. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging the nationality of the man.
Re: Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village by dan9ice(m): 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hearing is believing, seeing is also believing..
Re: Man Builds Own Power Plant From Scratch And Connects His Entire Village by bolseas(f): 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
VULCAN:
The moment I saw the fellow's name I knew he was Kenyan, shame on the OP for claiming that he is a Nigerian. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging the nationality of the man.

Thank you.

No wonder he didn't mention the state where it happened. I read the post twice to catch the location, only thing I got was Murang County.

Just wondering what the originator of the article is trying to achieve from giving false information.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Something From Kenya That Can Never Happen In Nigeria / Oyo State Science And Technology Summit (OYSTS) / Google Sketchup Pro 2024 Crack + Serial Key Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.