Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why Do Most Nigerians Want To Travel Out? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigerians Want To Travel Out? (1107 Views)

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? / Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerians Want To Travel Out? by ossawa(m): 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2007
I realize that one in every two Nigerians spoken with want to travel out of the country ; can somebody tell me the reasons for this?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want To Travel Out? by cuteass1(f): 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2007
I'm in Norway cos i was born here, my dad lived in Sweden almost all his life, got married to my mum and they moved to Norway. 4 Years later comes my humble self into the world.
Some others have the same story, as in being out of the country cos of family and stuff, some are here cos education calls

while some are here cos they want to make a living for themselves.

Nigeria is a land of many opportunities but the opportunities are being taken away by our greedy leaders who won't manage the resources rightfully

The youths now think that if they don't make it traveling out of the country, then they're doomed for life because the resources to make it are not there sad
Look at the unemployment rate for ex. and not that there are no unemployments in other countries but atleast they try to povide for the unemployed so they don't have to starve to death.
In Nigeria,who cares? you alone gotcha' back. The government dosen't give a damn angry

Each individual has his own story to why and how they got out of the country wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want To Travel Out? by niks(f): 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2007
The Question? Why do Nigerians want to travel out?
Hush. I guess I should answer it as why did I and my friends travel out.
Well first of all, my whole family lives abroad so it was expected that I would travel out. Also I like the element of abroad being a leveller i.e. in England we are all almost on the same level with no one group(unless you are white) being better than the other. My friends travelled for their masters and stayed cos of constant light and convenience of life. But we all have the same dream to return triumphant back to Nigeria. Nobody wants to die in an old people’s home abroad it is not what I would wish my worst enemy.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want To Travel Out? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2007
because of so many reasons - some want to travel out because they see their friends and familywho travelled out as multi millionnaires, they also want to be rich and successful, so they opt to travel out. Some want to travel out to study and come back home, some think Nigeria is too lowly rated for them to live in, some think abroad is where you pick money off the streets and want to join the fun, some travel to meet with family and spouses, so many reasons, but, do they all see what they went after?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want To Travel Out? by oloba(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2007
I agree with you, alabiyemmy

(1) (Reply)

The New Tier 4 Point Based System For Uk Students / Appeal For U.s Visa / Just In The News! Nigeria Student Arrested Travelling With Fake Id To La

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.