Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

My 2nd Story Here. WHEN HUSBANDS CAME - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My 2nd Story Here. WHEN HUSBANDS CAME (448 Views)

Convert Your Ideas ,scripts ,story Here / Wish To Drop Story Here / Writers Submit Your Story Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My 2nd Story Here. WHEN HUSBANDS CAME by hipswrites(f): 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
WHEN HUSBANDS CAME

BEFORE THE COUP. The women left their meeting hall to the recreation arena for their dance juggles. Emem, their instructor had just arrived, she was a grandchild to one of the older women in Ukana Community, and used to visit the community fortnightly for dance sessions. Her grandmother, when she was younger was an active dancer, Emem was not only active but skilled, and her ‘full option figure’ did a great justice to her passion for dance.
Whenever it was 'dance time', the women would pull off their blouses and step out in their wrappers tied to their necks or bust-lines for modernized folk dances.
This particular day was special because they were going to entertain their husbands.

'Kpop kpop' Emem who stood before the women sounded.
She lifted her left leg with waist slightly twisted in dance moves. The women followed suit repeatedly swapping legs.
'Kpop kpop' Emem sounded again, demonstrating to the women to bend their heads down towards the thighs with fingers touching the ground.
'Five times!' she screamed.

'Kpop kpop' Emem got the women to assume akimbo style with their right legs up slightly twisting their waist and thighs at the same time in gyratory movements.

'Do same with your left leg' she breathed.
The women danced happily.
'Hmmm, good exercise' one of the women breathed.

Their leader walked up to Emem asking for a break so they could revitalize to better entertain their husbands who would soon throng in from their meeting.

'Sit with the sole of your legs tucked into your thighs' Emem instructed. 'Breath in and out' she said going into meditating position.

The leader and another woman who maintained the front row whispered to each other and stood up almost simultaneously walking behind the scene and rustling words Emem shouldn't be privy to. A coup was being planned.
'That girl is well rounded' said the leader.

'Hmmm, my sister'! The other responded.

'With well-rounded back-downstream and upstream dichotomies' the leader continued.
'Hmmm, my sister!'
'Would you instruct us instead? The leader beckoned.
'Abasi mbok, why not!’
The two women, if not all, seemed familiar with their fears beforehand.
They went back quietly to their positions, and whispering to one woman after another.
They all agreed that Emem should leave the dance ground once their husbands arrived.
Three minutes later, just when Emem stood to sound 'kpop ...', one of the women took the and asked Emem home

(1) (Reply)

Boys... Hold Your Ears, And Listen. Don't Say"she Didn't Say O / Nku And His Many Troubles. / US Activist To Chimamanda: Go And Concentrate On Nigeria’s Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.