Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Kola Olawuyi Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kola Olawuyi Is Dead (25665 Views)

Actor Festus Aguebor Is Dead (photo) / Kola Aluko's £50m Yacht JayZ+Beyonce Used For Holiday (pics) / Kola Olawuyi's Death(mysterious Or Not) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by frenchman(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2007
A renown journalist and popular radio and television mysterious programmes presenter, Chief Akolawole Olawuyi is dead.

According to a very reliable source who would not want his name mentioned, Chief Olawuyi died yesterday in an undisclosed hospital in Lagos, after the attack of an illness which he had been battling with for over three months.

Information gathered by Sunday Tribune both from his close neighbours as well as from his staff revealed that the ace radio/ television presenter of Nnkan N Be and Irinkerindo Akolawole Olawuyi ( popular Yoruba programmes) which always revealed the atrocities and wicked deeds of people for others to learn from have been nursing an undisclosed ailment for over three months now before he finally gave up the ghost in an unnamed hospital in Lagos.

According to a very close neighbour to the deceased’s home at around Okunola bus stop, Idimu road, Egbeda, Lagos State, Chief Olawuyi’s death might not be unconnected with the felling of a mysterious tree in the compound where his rented duplex apartment is located which also comprises other five buildings.

Our reporters also learnt that the mysterious tree was felled and totally uprooted three months ago on the instructions of Chief Olawuyi despite serious warning from former occupants of one of the buildings in the compound that nobody should do anything to the tree.

The former occupants, who were the owners of the tree, were people of foreign nationals (white people) and had resisted several attempts to cut the tree in the past. But they were eventually sent packing from the compound through court injunctions, although they made spirited efforts not to pack out of the house probably because of the tree which our source said was very dear to them.

In fact, the house owner made several attempts to send the white people out in order to be able to cut the tree but it didn’t just work out. For five years, the man and other people around tried to cut the tree but all to no avail, until Kola Olawuyi intervened.

Although before cutting the tree, Chief Olawuyi alleged that the branches of the tree were damaging the roof of his house, without minding the strict warning left by the white men that “nobody should dare cut the tree,” our source further revealed.

Sunday Tribune however learnt that Chief Olawuyi was said not to have been enjoying his health till the time he finally gave up the ghost.

His body has been deposited in an undisclosed mortuary in Lagos. The news of his death is also said to be kept close to chest as arrangement is said to be on for his burial.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/04032007/news/news7.html
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by cuteass1(f): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2007
sorry, never heard about him

May his soul rest in peace, AMEN.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by chosenbabe(f): 5:41pm On Mar 04, 2007
Source please?
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by OmoEko1(f): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2007
yea right, can i see the source. NAIJA PEOPLE SHA
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by jaybaby(f): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2007
Picture Plzzzz
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by frenchman(m): 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2007
Nigerian tribune, today sunday the 4th of march 2007
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by lalaboi(m): 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2007
true!! he's d presenter of nkan be

av created a thread bout it bt i dint knw it has been created here!
source:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/04032007/news/news7.html

his picture is der
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by jaybaby(f): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2007
2 Bad i didnt even no that was his name---May his soul rest in PEACE lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad

Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by OmoEko1(f): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2007
May his soul rest in peace, i used to listen to his shown when i was in Naija
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by CrazyMan(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2007
Kola Dead shocked shocked

I know him very much. he the producer of "Ikan be" a popular Yourba programme which exposes the diabolic lifestyle of Nigerians expecially Yourbas.

Too bad he's dead cry
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by OmoEko1(f): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2007
crazykid:

Kola Dead shocked shocked

I know him very much. he the producer of "Ikan be" a popular Yourba programme which exposes the diabolic lifestyle of Nigerians expecially Yourbas.

Too bad he's dead cry
what is that suppose to mean
and u need to stop criticizing.
i bet u are igbo too angry angry
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Babalegba(m): 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2007
I do hope that the guys soul will rest in  perfect peace.
It is completely sad that despite all the education that has been drilled into Nigerians by the government,  teachers and lecturers that people still persist in believing all  sorts of mumbo jumbo in Nigeria. Of course a white man will resist the felling of trees but it is only for environmental reasons tongue
When are we really going to join the civilized world

2 Likes

Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by WesleyanA(f): 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2007
may his soul rest in perfect peace.
I used to watch his show n kan be
how old was he?
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by CrazyMan(m): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2007
Omo Eko:

what is that suppose to mean
and u need to stop criticizing.
i bet u are igbo too angry angry
Hey am not criticizing anyone that's what he does and everyone knows it.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by chinesedoll(f): 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2007
may his  soul rest in  perfect peace
i  hate hearing about death
for crying out loud he's a   young guy of  43
his  kids are still very young may God provide for
them in Jesus name

as  for adam  and  eve they are d ones  to  blame  for all these happenings,
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Christino(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2007
May his soul RIP, I also heard of another ADC Airline Plane crash some minutes ago and i'm hoping it's a hoax.

God dey.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by tafari(m): 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2007
Uncle Kola is dead?!!!!!!!!!!!

If so , may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by lalaboi(m): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2007
is he ur uncle ni?
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Orikinla(m): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2007
What a pity.
May his soul rest in peace.
Nkan be lo to.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by 007djlad: 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2007
oma se o. e ni re lo. it's a pity for nigeria. good people die before their time. may GOD almighty not let us die before our time oooooooooooooooooooo. ase, but may be all of us should start doing evil to live long. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2007
This is shocking.

Good man.

Through him Yinka Ayefele hit the limelight.

Adieu!

My condolences to FRCN(Ibadan), Kolbim Communications, RCCG and his family.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by KOYO(f): 12:26am On Mar 05, 2007
its so sad that he died just like that. there has been many threats to his life for sometime now, his office got burnt about twice, he lost everything and struggled to come back on his feet and now he is dead.

at least he died as a born again christian, MAY HIS GENTLE AND HONEST SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE, AMEN
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by kitaun(m): 2:06am On Mar 05, 2007
RIP, what an enigma he was! More or less the progenitor of 'Reality TV shows' in Naija. To think his wife had hitherto been of tremendous financial assistance to widows, now she is 1, may God grant her and d family d fortitude to bear this irreparable loss. Amen
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by picoba(m): 2:53am On Mar 05, 2007
N kan be ni too to ooooooo
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by abdkabir(m): 3:07am On Mar 05, 2007
Sad Story. cry

May the Good Lord be With Him. Amin!
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by FactorChic(f): 5:16am On Mar 05, 2007
hard to believe, so sad sad sad sad shocked shocked lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by boladonas(m): 6:52am On Mar 05, 2007
Erin wo!
Ajanaku lo!!
Ko kuru ko ga
Ko sanra ko tinrin
Jagunlabi firunmu se fence ete
Kolawole bo dorun se orun re
Ma jokun ma ma jekolo
ohun won ba n je lajule orun ni ko ma ba won je
O digbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

1 Like

Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 7:28am On Mar 05, 2007
KOYO:

at least he died as a born again christian, MAY HIS GENTLE AND HONEST SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE, AMEN

Not just a born again christian but he has been a minister of God in a popular church for almost 10 years.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Icon(m): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2007
Akolawole:

Not just a born again christian but he has been a minister of God in a popular church for almost 10 years.

Are you serious about that?
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Maneater1(f): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2007
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
I used to watch his show every sunday. So sad, no more N kan be!

Was he really a born again or minister, cos he used to do some really spooky things on his show
and he did have a giant spider as his symbol (eeww! i hate spiders).
lipsrsealed
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by tinu16(f): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2007
It is shocking to me, how I wish he would live longer, haaaaaaaaaaaa o maaaa seee o, so sad indeed cry cry cry
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by agbana(m): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2007
what a world! the man just died like that, may his gentle soul RIP
his indeed a great loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Shares Cute Photo Of His Children / Burna Boy Crowned The “Graceful King Of Afrobeats” By UK Newspaper, The Guardian / Mercy Johnson & Husband Dedicate Baby Purity Okojie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.