Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market (9638 Views)

Fire Guts Olowu Spare Parts Market In Lagos / Fire Guts Popular Ladipo Spare Parts Market In Lagos (video & Pics) / Fire Razes Auto Spare Parts Market In Ibadan (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by OrientDailyNews: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Goods worth over N50m destroyed

By Patrick Egwu, Enugu

Artisans and traders at the Nsukka mechanic and spare parts site are now counting their losses following a fire that gutted the market.

Orient Daily correspondent, who visited the site, reports that the fire razed four spare parts shops and six cars brought for repairs.

Conducting newsmen round the scene of the disaster, Mr. Silas Eze, the chairman of Nsukka Industrial Mechanic Site, described the incident as unfortunate and painful, saying it had put the owners of the affected shops in very hard conditions.

“Four shops loaded with motor spare parts and working equipment as well as six cars brought for repairs by customers were razed to ashes by the inferno. It is a painful moment for us in the site as the fire completely burnt shops, motor spare parts, equipment and cars worth over N50 million to ashes.

“Nobody knows what owners of the six cars brought for repair will say if they will tell the mechanic to replace their cars,” he said.

Eze said the cause of the fire was not known as security officials on duty said that it was when they saw the flame that they rushed to the scene and started raising alarm.

“We are yet to know the cause of the fire because it happened early in the morning. It’s the security people on duty that saw the flame and started calling us after they had done their best to put it out and it was not possible,” he said.

He appealed to the public, corporate bodies and governments to come to the aid of the affected shop owners that lost everything to start life again. “I call on the public, corporate bodies and governments to come to the rescue of the victims who lost all the things they had laboured for,” he said.

The chairman urged the state government to consider the establishment of a fire station in the site to reduce the damage in future. “The fire service in Nsukka responded well and did their best because without them more shops could have been destroyed. But if there was a fire station in this site, the fire would have been put off as soon it was noticed,” he said.

Speaking, one of the victims, Mr. Christopher Ozulu, said the fire has wreaked him as he had lost all that he laboured for so many years.

“Even a pin was not rescued from my shop where I get money to feed my family and take care of other responsibilities. My children are in the universities and in secondary schools; where will I get money to feed my family and sponsor them in school?

“I beg the government and public to come to my aid as well as other three people whose shops were razed during that inferno,’’ he said.

Another victim, Mr. Isiogu Nwabueze, who owned the shop where six cars were burnt, said he was yet to recover from the psychological trauma as he does not know what he would tell the owners of the cars.

“As I am thinking about everything in my shop, I am also thinking of what the owners of the cars will say about their cars that have been burnt to ashes. This is the most trying moment in my life, I beg the government to come and help me as well as other victims of this disaster,” he said.

source
https://orientdailynews.com.ng/south-east/fire-guts-nsukka-spare-parts/

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by boardmem(m): 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
Do Insurance, then go say na fraud.

Hope no live lost?

FTC.....................LALA, MY GIFT BIKO.
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by rocknation62(m): 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
In davido's Voice...FIRE FIRE
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Authoreety: 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
May they be consoled
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Donald7610: 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
Its PMB
Since it's the work of HERDSMEN too

3 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by LEXYCOM: 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
F
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Nwogeh: 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
Chai, May God Console them

6 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by chinawapz(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
Noted
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by seedz(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
how come nobody blaming PDP?

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by koolgee(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
Quiet unfortunate.

May God help them to bear the loss

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by shaiguy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
Haba
Donald7610:
Its PMB
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
Another shoprite mall loading..Peter Obi sef angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by maxiuc(m): 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
angry angry angry

The occult Grandmasters at it
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by lonelydora: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
Is it the mechanic village near Ikenga hotel and Urban Girls Secondary School?

God will provide for all who lost their goods.
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by freemanbubble: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
ok
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
May God give them the fortitude to bear the loss

Always support local, honest businessmen
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Stethaine: 1:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
Such a tragedy. Oh God help them at this painful time.
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by lordsharks(m): 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
Sad news
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by lordsharks(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
Donald7610:
Its PMB
Will u shut up
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Sirpaul(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ego!...
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
Not good
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by binsanni(m): 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2018
The market just they burn without anything now
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by money121(m): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ok
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by usba: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
Sad, hope they get assistance to get back on their feets.
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by kikiwendy(f): 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
This is so heartbreaking and I couldn't help but feel for those people.. You needed to see their faces
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by 1stGenius(m): 1:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hopefully government and public help.It's a pity.
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by ogbujajnr: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
the picture is not taken in nsukka mechanic village, in fact, Nigeria. this picture is from Arab nations. the blogger didn't get the pictures from the scene. those kind of building is not in the site too.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
Not good.....
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by bjayx: 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
Its a pitiable dismal-pismal...
Help me complete am abeg
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by pol23: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
It's painful knowing fully well non of those shops is insured...
We don't think twice in this part of the world...
I was telling my neighbour on the usefulness of Fire extinguisher at home..He said He will rather stock his refrigerator with beer instead...Fire extinguisher is only 1500...it's not 100% precaution,but to some extent...
Imagine if those shops has fire extinguisher...maybe, just maybe...
Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by Coldfeets: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
Chineke mee!

Atü m ngege!

Confuse gadimakwa ne nsuka anyi öbu.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Nsukka Spare Parts Market by MistadeRegal(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
Didn't someone post a vision recently about fire outbreak in the East?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Register For Nimc National Id Card / Manufacturer Cautions CBN Over Sale Of Dollar To Bdcs / Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.