Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked (929 Views)

What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You / Viral Question Unibadan Lecturer Asked His Students During Examinations / "OAU Professor, Richard Akindele, Also Asked Me For Sex" - Graduate In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by okekefranklin(m): 10:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
Many funny things do happen during an interview but none has proven to be as hilarious as these funny interview questions I experienced.
Sometime late last year, the Enugu State Government advertised for teaching positions in Enugu State. (Secondary Schools category). Spiritlessly, I applied to teach English Language. I went on to take the first exam and passed excellently.

Later on, a circular mandating all the candidates who scored 50 and above to attend an interview was published on the PPSMB website. Of course I scored well above 50 so I was qualified.

I must confess that this is not my first appearance before an interview panel. But the weird thing in this particular experience was the kind of questions I met. As an English Teacher applicant, one would expect questions from English Language. But none of those came.

To get things started, I was asked my state of origin which I answered correctly. As a follow up, I was asked to mention the part of Enugu State I came from. It was when I provided answers to the above questions that the following funny interview questions came flowing with unchecked abandon.

Who is the traditional ruler of your community: When this question came, I wasn’t sure it was meant for me. So I stared at space, cleared my throat then answered with stony eyes. I have been wondering what this question has got to do with my application to teach English Language? Seriously, is there any correlation between what I was asked and what I will be doing in the classroom if I landed the job?

Who is the most prominent man in the history of your Village? I almost forgot how to talk when this one was thrown at me. While some people might argue that there is nothing wrong in asking such a question, I strongly disagree. I mean, how is this related to what I applied for? How does this kind of question ascertain my readiness to handle English language in school?

How many villages do you have in your community? I was pissed off by this one in particular. I didn’t grow up in my village and couldn’t have known the number of villages in my community.

Mention the parts of speech? For crying out loud, even a primary 3 pupil will get this question right. When it came, I smiled emptily then fired the response at them with that kind of was-this-meant-for-me look on my face.

After this, they needed not be told that I was already fed up. Having sensed my annoyance, they smiled one after the other, then asked me to leave.

credit: www.unnobzava.com
Re: 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by mercytripletz: 7:31am On Feb 01, 2018
Did you later get the Job?

They were actually testing for patience and the way you would reply to questions whose answers you don't know.
They were looking for qualified teachers because students do ask a lot of questions, most of which may not be from what you teach them.
They wanted to know how you would be able to answer questions you don't know and how patient you are in dealing with youngsters who are the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by okekefranklin(m): 9:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
You may be correct @mercy. Anyways, I answered the ones I know.
Re: 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 12:33am On Feb 03, 2018
mercytripletz:
Did you later get the Job?

They were actually testing for patience and the way you would reply to questions whose answers you don't know.
They were looking for qualified teachers because students do ask a lot of questions, most of which may not be from what you teach them.
They wanted to know how you would be able to answer questions you don't know and how patient you are in dealing with youngsters who are the leaders of tomorrow.

Correct.

Wife material.

lols
Re: 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by sirgalahad26(m): 6:43am On Feb 03, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Correct.
Wife material.
lols
u've reared dat head here again abi!
Re: 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 7:49am On Feb 03, 2018
sirgalahad26:
u've reared dat head here again abi!

This boy!!!! I cannot type again in peace ba. lolsssss
Re: 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by sirgalahad26(m): 8:33am On Feb 03, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

This boy!!!! I cannot type again in peace ba. lolsssss
u can't o!
Re: 4 Funny Interview Questions Ever Asked by kezzybanz(m): 9:06am On Feb 03, 2018
We Need to know if u later got the job..

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Village That’s Still Trading By Barter / Which Textbook Should I Use. / Junior WAEC 2019 Prep - Maths Complete 60 Questions Solved(bece 2018 Obj)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.