Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You (2639 Views)

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank / John Adaigbe: UNIBEN's First Student Ever With Matric. Number 001 / 'igbos Are The Most Intelligent Black African Race In The World' - US Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by tobechi20(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
Culled from quora . One student asked a simple question that changed my life: “Sir,” he asked, “why are we learning this crap?” I reminded him about the use of appropriate language, then put down my chalk and walked to the back of the room. I looked at the drawings I had so carefully crafted and for the life of me, I could not think of one reason why these students should be learning this topic (even though it was in the curriculum). I responded, “well, you might need this if you take chemistry in university” but none of were happy with this reply. After school, I puzzled more about curriculum topics in science—why are students learning this or that? I felt that I should know the answer to this question

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by macrodata(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
A 7 year old boy asked me series of mind boggling questions, I just looked dumb.

I'll get the questions and update this comment.
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by qwertyboss(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
what is the application of calculus in the office.
one of my students asked me this question because they find it very difficult to understand further mathematics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by tobechi20(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
He asked me why he should believe me. That’s a very good question and although you might assume he knew I was “smart” and “ qualified” it was my belief he was asking after my deeper more moralistic qualifications. This led to a brief discussion of “ consider the source” critical thinking. I liked the opportunity very much. Who was changed by this? I’ve no way of knowing who is ever ready for the insights I present.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by tobechi20(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2021
This happened yesterday:

Teaching root words, prefixes and suffixes in grade 2. One of the words was ‘ungrateful’. Once they’d identified which bit was which I gave them synonyms and other words from the root. I showed them ‘gratitude’.

One girl, Aiysha, asked, ‘Does ‘gratitude’ mean you have a great attitude?’

I thought it was brilliant

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Tolexander: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
While I was teaching Geography and CRS in a school in Aba North during my NYSC, a student asked me why the Bible didn’t mention any other planet apart from the earth or God didn’t create the planets

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by tobechi20(m): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
why 1+1=2.?because the answer can be a big 1.he asked me to take a cable and connect to another one and then request me how many cable do you have not I said I have 1cable but big one. He said that the answer of 1+1=2 is false i also realised that 1+2=1000,000 or more

Because God created only two people now how many millions we are in this earth?

The best answer for this exercise 1+1=2 depends on the context it can be two as we know and something else in another way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Kylekent59: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
He asked me, " is it good to punish someone for what he didn't do?"
I replied to him that it's not good.

He said, " I didn't do my assignment and my teacher punished me. Is it good?"

I was like... lipsrsealed

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by blueflamez: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2021
Tolexander:
While I was teaching Geography and CRS in a school in Aba North during my NYSC, a student asked me why the Bible didn’t mention any other planet apart from the earth or God didn’t create the planets

I wonder what your response was

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Checkmate1: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kylekent59:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Tolexander: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
blueflamez:

I wonder what your response was
I told them point blank that this is CRS class and has nothing to do with Geography.
In short, I evaded the question

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by femi4: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
In my class back then

Sir, why is it called Almighty formula?

Answer: Only God is almighty, the quadratic formula is a formula that provides the solution to a quadratic equation.
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by illicit(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2021
How much is your salary
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by joxxy01(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by BigDawsNet: 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
Explain why the earth is round

His dad is a Earthflatter fans
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by soundOsonic: 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
I was teaching ss1 one hot afternoon, then this young Lady name Haliya ( i do call her Alhaja because she do wear hijab) asked me if I had a girlfriend? I shocked and I replied "I have kids, will you like to marry my first son?"
She shocked

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Dayoebe(m): 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
There was a question like that, UnfortunatelyI I can't remember
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
Tolexander:
what was your answer?
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by SirWhiteFish: 12:37am On Jan 07, 2021
Back in 2019, at the the Primary school I was teaching, a pupil once asked

"Ehen! Uncle is there God? if there is God, where does he live and why is there bad happening everywhere?

Even though I gave him the generic answer, I could see it in his face that he wasn't satisfied nor convinced.
But the truth is the question he asked me at that point was as if meant to test my own conviction... I couldn't tell him God has forgotten about this world even if he truly existed

I hope the boy grows up to find his own truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 07, 2021
Who created God?
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Nickshrapnel: 7:25am On Jan 07, 2021
Kylekent59:

This child is a hoodlum grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by parkervero(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2021
I was teaching junior class Basic science one day, I think I was explaining respiration when one boy asked me, sir, 'where did they get the oxygen they use in the hospital from?'. The question caught me unprepared. I think I was rambling and mumbling while giving my answer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by parkervero(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2021
Tolexander:
You could have used the book of revelation to explain this.
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Tolexander: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2021
parkervero:

You could have used the book of revelation to explain this.
What is in the book of revelation for the explanation sir?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by blueflamez: 8:12am On Jan 07, 2021
Tolexander:
I told them point blank that this is CRS class and has nothing to do with Geography.
In short, I evaded the question

Lol. These kids of nowadays. But then do you really think the Bible was silent about it? Did you even bother to check it out?
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by parkervero(m): 8:14am On Jan 07, 2021
Tolexander:
What is in the book of revelation for the explanation sir?

The planets are located as follows:

1 – Jupiter in Sagittarius (Rev. 6:2)

2 – Mars is in Gemini or Taurus (Rev. 6:4)

3 – Mercury in Libra (Rev. 6:5-6)

4 – Saturn is in Scorpio (Rev. 6:cool

5 – Sun in Virgo (Rev. 12:1)

6 – Moon in Virgo (Rev. 12:1)

7 – Venus in Leo (2:26 and 2:28)

Rev 1:20 do justice I believe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Tolexander: 8:35am On Jan 07, 2021
parkervero:

The planets are located as follows:

1 – Jupiter in Sagittarius (Rev. 6:2)

2 – Mars is in Gemini or Taurus (Rev. 6:4)

3 – Mercury in Libra (Rev. 6:5-6)

4 – Saturn is in Scorpio (Rev. 6:cool

5 – Sun in Virgo (Rev. 12:1)

6 – Moon in Virgo (Rev. 12:1)

7 – Venus in Leo (2:26 and 2:28)

Rev 1:20 do justice I believe.

Rev 6:2-
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer”.

Rev 6:4
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword”.

Rev 6:5&6
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Rev 6:8
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.”

Rev 1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne
;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches”.

What your point is I don’t understand.

And I’m very sure you don’t even understand yourself

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by eze31362(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2021
Kylekent59:

chaii funny
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by parkervero(m): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2021
Tolexander:

Rev 6:2-

Rev 6:4

Rev 6:5&6

Rev 6:8

Rev 1

What your point is I don’t understand.

And I’m very sure you don’t even understand yourself

I really do not have time to explain this with other biblical references but I suggest you Google up to clear your understanding.
Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by Tolexander: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2021
parkervero:

I really do not have time to explain this with other biblical references but I suggest you Google up to clear your understanding.
You wey sabi am, you no get time to explain, Na me go con get the time to explain.

Baba, I’m sorry sir
Please pardon me, you don’t know what you are saying

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Intelligent Question A Student Ever Asked You by parkervero(m): 10:24am On Jan 07, 2021
Tolexander:
You wey sabi am, you no get time to explain, Na me go con get the time to explain.

Baba, I’m sorry sir
Please pardon me, you don’t know what you are saying
Okay i hear you but those verses up there with little research will broaden your knowledge of the topic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abu Direct Entry! / Who Can Please Help Solve THIS Question......??? / The University of Lagos Is Evicting Its Students From Its Hostels So We Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.