Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick (3098 Views)

What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick? / My KIA RIO Is Giving My Sleepless Night / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 8:41am On Feb 01, 2018
Hello mechanics in the house,

Just last night when I was about to go out, I put the car in reverse and behold a heavy rumbling noise from the engine area, I put it on drive and the same thing happened. Someone told me it must be the gear box. I am confused as I don't want these mechanics to rip me off over this.

Anybody with similar experience with their car should pls share with me how they got it resolved.

Thanks

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by captainking(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
Am I seeing carburetor there or something else cheesy
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
captainking:
Am I seeing carburetor there or something else cheesy

Bros it's carburetor o...abeg no laff
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by hitchowoyemi(m): 12:55am On Mar 28, 2018
Plutonic carrburator grin grin grin bros yeh! U fan prick near d gear box?] grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sultaan(m): 1:52am On Mar 28, 2018
Help me here, was the carburetor from factory or your mechanic?

When was the last time your mechanic worked on the car.

How come you have a Ford engine in your Kia.

From the way your car looks hybrid you make have to check how your engine is mated to transmission
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:24am On Mar 28, 2018
sleeknick:
Hello mechanics in the house,

Just last night when I was about to go out, I put the car in reverse and behold a heavy rumbling noise from the engine area, I put it on drive and the same thing happened. Someone told me it must be the gear box. I am confused as I don't want these mechanics to rip me off over this.

Anybody with similar experience with their car should pls share with me how they got it resolved.

Thanks

I would have been confused if not that I own same type of vehicle.

Your engine has been modified, presently I don't know how the transmission works.

Your problem cannot be solved online (remotely)

You clearly avoided the 630k engine grin

1 Like

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by mejai(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
OP, ur car na hand of Esau but voice of Jacob....

Honda MDX

2 Likes

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:45am On Mar 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I would have been confused if not that I own same type of vehicle.

Your engine has been modified, presently I don't know how the transmission works.

Your problem cannot be solved online (remotely)

You clearly avoided the 630k engine grin

Bros na ford engine dey inside o.... although I have resolved that previous issue I quoted sha... It was changed from manual trans to auto trans with the Ford engine.

Do u know a place in ikeja were I can do major body work on the Kia. I need to change the front n back bumper and side grill.
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:46am On Mar 29, 2018
mejai:
OP, ur car na hand of Esau but voice of Jacob....

Honda MDX

Lol... u no well o grin
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:47am On Mar 29, 2018
sultaan:
Help me here, was the carburetor from factory or your mechanic?

When was the last time your mechanic worked on the car.

How come you have a Ford engine in your Kia.

From the way your car looks hybrid you make have to check how your engine is mated to transmission

I'm confused here
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:49am On Mar 29, 2018
hitchowoyemi:
Plutonic carrburator grin grin grin bros yeh! U fan prick near d gear box?] grin grin

U no well rara
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Mar 29, 2018
sleeknick:

Bros na ford engine dey inside o.... although I have resolved that previous issue I quoted sha... It was changed from manual trans to auto trans with the Ford engine.

Do u know a place in ikeja were I can do major body work on the Kia. I need to change the front n back bumper and side grill.

this kind motor nah (alakoba) panelbeater don finish work, painter finish work, to come start car go be wahala, me I no fit suffer my brothers in arms o grin
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by autologic: 9:17am On Mar 29, 2018
sleeknick:

So bros u go still throway money to do body part for this moving agbana ( white elephant project )
Who you offend self ,your Village people no get mercy .at all o. grin
Demeanours ,another twin brother of dankok is here cheesy
Cc:
Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa , Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo, timifakay, aieromon general ipfreely, major cosplay.
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by hitchowoyemi(m): 10:08am On Mar 29, 2018
sleeknick:

U no well rara

We both na Yaba left candidatea lol.. I for like buy your car sha, oya make we yarn beta, elo lo ba de sir?
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by LeJeun3: 10:25am On Mar 29, 2018
cry
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by aieromon(m): 11:36am On Mar 29, 2018
Which Kain wahala be this sef? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by banky3w(m): 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
Carburetor ke..... Yeepa! Bros support don end for this kind project oh. Consumer support,
manufacturer support, forum support, nairaland support, online support and all other support eyaf end for your car..... Sorry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
autologic:

So bros u go still throway money to do body part for this moving agbana ( white elephant project )
Cc:
Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa , Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo, timifakay, aieromon general ipfreely, major cosplay.

no b small tin oh.

present sir
@op
y not try having a total retouch of this vehicle. kingreign can convert the body to Nissan accord
and guess what the good part is?
he won't charge u much

I'm serious oh, I'm imagining a very serious crossbred vehicle

wen u decide to sell it to cars45 what will u name the car??
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by erico2k2(m): 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
autologic:

Cc:
Bross bross, wetin U want make we talk now

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by Jh2uvW7: 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
Am I seeing carburetor there or something else
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
autologic:

Cc:

guy u dey mad o...why u come dey call area boys for me naa?

3 Likes

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

this kind motor nah (alakoba) panelbeater don finish work, painter finish work, to come start car go be wahala, me I no fit suffer my brothers in arms o grin

Craze dey worry you...
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
banky3w:
Carburetor ke..... Yeepa! Bros support don end for this kind project oh. Consumer support,
manufacturer support, forum support, nairaland support, online support and all other support eyaf end for your car..... Sorry grin grin

lol... original engine too cost oh... man must move. na naija we dey
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

no b small tin oh.

present sir
@op
y not try having a total retouch of this vehicle. kingreign can convert the body to Nissan accord
and guess what the good part is?
he won't charge u much

I'm serious oh, I'm imagining a very serious crossbred vehicle

wen u decide to sell it to cars45 what will u name the car??

lmao...i will name it KIAFORD
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by aieromon(m): 1:23am On Apr 01, 2018
sleeknick:

guy u dey mad o...why u come dey call area boys for me naa?

Not areas boys but Demeanors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by FabulousAutos(m): 9:35am On Apr 23, 2018
Wise move. I converted my cerato to the same Ford B6 engine and that was the end of my Cerato engine nightmare. Aside the fact that the B6 engine is cheap to run, the AC is ice cold and the fuel consumption is darn too economical. I don't see any economic sense in buying a 600k engine for a car you can hardly sell above 650k.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sultaan(m): 3:00am On Apr 24, 2018
You buy the car from jiji?
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by FabulousAutos(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
sultaan:

Nope ...bought form OLX.
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 1:28pm On May 09, 2018
FabulousAutos:
Wise move. I converted my cerato to the same Ford B6 engine and that was the end of my Cerato engine nightmare. Aside the fact that the B6 engine is cheap to run, the AC is ice cold and the fuel consumption is darn too economical. I don't see any economic sense in buying a 600k engine for a car you can hardly sell above 650k.

BRO U JUST MADE THE BEST OF SENSE. I HAVE PUT IT ON THE ROAD FOR TAXIFY. IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY. FULL TANK TAKES ME FOR ALMOST A WEEK.
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by sleeknick: 1:28pm On May 09, 2018
sultaan:
YES
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by weyreypey: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
sleeknick:

Kaii
Re: Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick by weyreypey: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2018
FabulousAutos:

Nope ...bought form OLX.
Hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? / You Guys Have Done It Again / Innoson Now Makes Fighter Jet Parts - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.