Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Engine Takes Too Long To Crank - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Takes Too Long To Crank (1460 Views)

LEXUS GX460 2012 Crank No Start. / Car Getting Hard To Crank In The Morning . / MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by nnadiug1: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2018
Please I need help with my 2006 corolla sport. It's just over two years old. Cranking the engine takes longer than normal, say around 20 seconds, after which the car starts . I have taken it to various mechos, even took it to ladipo where one rewire guy said the "cold start" is bad , that was changed and car still continued taking too long to crank ...please help I love this ride so much

The "nozzles" have also been changed
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by autologic: 9:12am On Feb 01, 2018
nnadiug1:
Please I need help with my 2006 corolla sport. It's just over two years old. Cranking the engine takes longer than normal, say around 20 seconds, after which the car starts . I have taken it to various mechos, even took it to ladipo where one rewire guy said the "cold start" is bad , that was changed and car still continued taking too long to crank ...please help I love this ride so much

still wonder why car owner in this 21st century still prefer clowns that treat symptoms .They will waste your resources and time and still add more wahala to your existing car problem in their trial and error.
For God sake ,your car is obd2 complaint Go for diagnoses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2018
nnadiug1:

please give me 10mins with your car,
I'll tell you what is wrong for free.

1 Like

Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by topsy509(m): 11:21am On Feb 01, 2018
I have this same issue too. Though I use Corolla Sport ‘04. I have changed fuel pump and the problem still persists. Gurus in the house, please come to our aid o. Abeg!
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
It takes a idiott to own a post millennium car without a scan tool.
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by nnadiug1: 7:42am On Feb 02, 2018
angels09:

U don't have to be rude... why call someone who doesn't own a scan too an idiot?, this just shows how uncultured u are... like if u see me in person u'd be able to say that to my face? So sure Clowns like u are not worthy to untie my shoelace

4 Likes

Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by Alvin007: 8:36am On Feb 02, 2018
angels09:
Uncultured way of speaking.
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by SpaceAngel: 11:57am On Feb 02, 2018
statement too rude for a forum like this. Not everyone is tech savvy. One thing is owning the tool, another is interpreting the result and solving the problem. I was suprised the other day when someone asked me to scan my car because my wheel was making a weird noise.
angels09:
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by 3kay945(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
angels09:

You must be sick. That I am sure of.
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by aieromon(m): 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
If car owners have this kind of apathy towards knowing the workings of a simple Toyota engine, it's no wonder they always come out enmasse to discourage the purchase of a more complicated vehicle system.
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
For the clueless people quoting me... you're on your own
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
nnadiug1:

U don't have to be rude... why call someone who doesn't own a scan too an idiot?, this just shows how uncultured u are... like if u see me in person u'd be able to say that to my face? So sure Clowns like u are not worthy to untie my shoelace
I will surely piss on u if I see you in real life and you'd be on your knees. But then we can't be in the same association or group....I am not lagged in thinking....
Re: Engine Takes Too Long To Crank by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
3kay945:

You must be sick. That I am sure of.

(1) (Reply)

Uber Driver Needed, Best Deal. / Households / What's The Fastest Selling Car In Nigeria Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.