Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival (2047 Views)

Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Orunmila Jogbodo Oluwo: An Educated Babalawo (Native Doctor) Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Babalawos(m): 9:30am On Feb 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tx-WWeXYJQ

WHAT IS OGUN FESTIVAL?

Ogun festival is a day or days set aside to celebrate Ogun. Free food, free drinks, free souvenirs, free charms... etc are given to attendees.

WHO IS OGUN?

Ogun is the God of war, God of Iron, God of technology and civilization, God of protection, God of removing obstacles, God of vengeance, God of justice, God of anger...

Ogun is the elder brother of Orunmila, Ogun is the husband to Oshun, Ogun is the husband to Yemoja....

WHAT IS OGUN FAVORITE FOOD AND DRINK?

Ogun favorite ebo (sacrifice) is dog and Ogun favorite drink is palm wine.

WHAT IS OGUN CLOTH?

Ogun cloth is palm fronds which is normally at the entrance of Ogun shrine or at the back of Ogun alter.

WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF OGUN?

There are two types of Ogun;

1* Big Ogun
2* Small Ogun

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO TYPE'S OF OGUN

1* Big Ogun is only for Ogun Priest which is a 7 day Ogun initiation rituals which comprises of spiritual cleansing, several charms preparation for the Ogun Priest, Ogun trance dance, evocation of Ogun, possessions by Ogun and testing the power of Ogun. Big Ogun has it own unique name to His Priest just like IFA has His unique name to His Babalawo. The spirit in the Big Ogun can be sent to kill, destroy or avenge it owner. That's why "Ogun kill you" is a very popular curse among Edo people because Big Ogun is known to kill. Messing with Big Ogun can be extremely dangerous.

2* Small Ogun is for Ogun initiates. He is less powerful to Big Ogun. Priest of Ogun that have Big Ogun has the power to prepare small Ogun for clients that have obstacles in their paths in life or clients that came to earth with Ogun. Small Ogun is not as expensive and elaborate compare to Big Ogun.

Below are my Ogun Festival photographs.

Thank you for reading, leave your comments

Babalawos

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Babalawos(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2018

Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Babalawos(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2018
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by SpyAC(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2018
In this modern world? No wonder they re all miners.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Epositive(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2018
So it's safe to worship two or more deities at the same time?

Adepeter2027 will not fvcking like this thread grin
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 01, 2018
Yoloba pipu will not kill person grin
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by babablogger: 11:27am On Feb 01, 2018
lofty900:
Yoloba pipu will not kill person grin
he's not Yoruba he's from Edo

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Babalawos(m): 11:36am On Feb 01, 2018
Yes, it is safe to worship several Gods and Goddesses.

I have more than five Orishas in my shrine.

Most shrines of fellow Babalawos I have been to have more than two Orishas.

An IFA Priest (Babalawo) can also be an Ogun Priest, Olokun Priest, Sango Priest, Osanyin Priests...

Due to IFA holy nature, IFA is normally kept in the parlour or in a different part of the shrine which is totally separated from the other Orishas like Ogun, Sango, Esu... etc.

The best way to know the Gods and Goddesses you should worship is through IFA ORACLE divination.

During IFA Oracle divination for a client that wants to know the names of the Gods and Goddesses (Orishas) that him or her should worship, a highly trained Babalawo will thereby interprets the Odus that appeared for his client and prescribes the Gods and Goddesses (Orishas) the client should worship.

The Gods and Goddesses (Orishas) choose their Priests / Priestesses and not the other way round.

Babalawos

Epositive:

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by adepeter2027(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
Epositive:

LoL

Wetin concern agbero with overload

Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by cjfbn: 3:52am On Feb 02, 2018
In 2018?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Babalawos(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2018
Yes in 2018 and what is wrong with that?

cjfbn:
In 2018?
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Raintaker(m): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
Big Ogun and Small Ogun. Happy New Year Nairaland Babalawos.
Which of the Ogun festival did you celebrate is it the big or the small one? I never knew Ogun is worshipped in Benin until this thread. Do they sing Ijala songs during Ogun festival in Benin too?
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Writs: 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
Babalawos, is it true that menstrual blood has powers? How?
What can it be used for?
How is it used?

You appear knowledgeable in the esoteric.
Kindly cite genuine examples.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Ancientboy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2018
Babalawos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tx-WWeXYJQ

WHAT IS OGUN FESTIVAL?

Ogun festival is a day or days set aside to celebrate Ogun. Free food, free drinks, free souvenirs, free charms... etc are given to attendees.

WHO IS OGUN?

Ogun is the God of war, God of Iron, God of technology and civilization, God of protection, God of removing obstacles, God of vengeance, God of justice, God of anger...

Ogun is the elder brother of Orunmila, Ogun is the husband to Oshun, Ogun is the husband to Yemoja....

WHAT IS OGUN FAVORITE FOOD AND DRINK?

Ogun favorite ebo (sacrifice) is dog and Ogun favorite drink is palm wine.

WHAT IS OGUN CLOTH?

Ogun cloth is palm fronds which is normally at the entrance of Ogun shrine or at the back of Ogun alter.

WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF OGUN?

There are two types of Ogun;

1* Big Ogun
2* Small Ogun

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO TYPE'S OF OGUN

1* Big Ogun is only for Ogun Priest which is a 7 day Ogun initiation rituals which comprises of spiritual cleansing, several charms preparation for the Ogun Priest, Ogun trance dance, evocation of Ogun, possessions by Ogun and testing the power of Ogun. Big Ogun has it own unique name to His Priest just like IFA has His unique name to His Babalawo. The spirit in the Big Ogun can be sent to kill, destroy or avenge it owner. That's why "Ogun kill you" is a very popular curse among Edo people because Big Ogun is known to kill. Messing with Big Ogun can be extremely dangerous.

2* Small Ogun is for Ogun initiates. He is less powerful to Big Ogun. Priest of Ogun that have Big Ogun has the power to prepare small Ogun for clients that have obstacles in their paths in life or clients that came to earth with Ogun. Small Ogun is not as expensive and elaborate compare to Big Ogun.

Below are my Ogun Festival photographs.

Babalawos
I need your number baba, I got some important questions to ask you
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 07, 2018
Baba plx i need ur number.
need 2 ask u sumtin
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Diso60090(m): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2018
Jezyfreezman:
Baba plx i need ur number.
need 2 ask u sumtin

You need baba number without informing his messenger come collect one slap for my care for your error
Re: Nairaland Babalawo Displays Photos & Videos Of His Ogun Festival by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 07, 2018
Diso60090:

You need baba number without informing his messenger come collect one slap for my care for your error

no vex my guy
my body just dey hot to practice tradition

(1) (Reply)

Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. / Wind And Fire Camp Meeting / Encounter Of Heaven And Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.