Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

How To Create A Blog Using Wordpress 2018 Step By Step Guide - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create A Blog Using Wordpress 2018 Step By Step Guide (614 Views)

Reasons To Stop Using Wordpress Internal Linking Plugins / How To Create A Blog Using Wordpress Cms / How To Gain Traffics To Your Blog Using Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Blog Using Wordpress 2018 Step By Step Guide by albblog: 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
Before I start, I would like to let you know that you should free to ask me any question. I will be glad to assist you. Check the end of this post for my details.

HOW TO CREATE A BLOG USING WORDPRESS 2018 Guide.

Hey guys! Today I am going to show you how to create a blog or website with wordpress for free. The process is quiet simple. Whether you are young or old believe me you can do it. First thing first, what do you need to create a blog with wordpress ?

In order to create a blog, you will need at least two things:
— A domain name ( for example www.albblog.com )
— A web hosting account ( This is where your blog will be hosted )
Now let us take a look at the table of contents.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
# Getting a domain name and hosting account.
# How to Install WordPress
# How to install your Theme
# How to write your first article.
# Create a page
# How to customize wordPress with plugins
# create menu

If you are ready, I am ready let’s get started.

STEP 1. GETTING A DOMAIN NAME AND A HOSTING ACCOUNT
banner design
A lot of web hosting service provider offer the possibility to get both a domain name and a hosting account which in my opinion makes things done faster. But keep in mind there are a lot of hosting companies out there in Nigeria and outside nigeria. For example we have:
— DomainKing.ng
— smartweb.com.ng
— whogohost.com … to just mention few. And outside Nigeria we have companies like:
— siteground.com
— hostgator.com
— Ipage.com
— Hosting24.com
— bluehost.com
— 1and1.com

READ ALSO: HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS FROM CPANEL and HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS ON A LOCAL SERVER.

I recommend DomainKing.ng or Hosgator or Namecheap. For the sake of this tutorial, I am going to use DomainKing. Please note that they are registrar of .ng domains. You can also verify their website from NIRA registry here. They offer 99.9% Uptime Guarantee on all their web hosting plans. Also you can try their hosting service as they offer 30 days money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with their service you can ask for a refund (minus domain fees as domains are non refundable). They provide 24/7 customer support. You can contact them any time if you need help. They also provide Free SSL with hosting plan. They offer free .com.ng with all plan and .com extension with Minister or King plan. Here I have a coupon code that will save you 40% on your hosting: ALBBLOG40

Clicking on “BUY NOW” will redirect you to DomainKing.ng website. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any challenge. I will be glad to assist you.

Let’s go ahead and purchase your domain + hosting in order to create our blog.

I recommend you open DomainKing in a new window so as to follow along what I am doing. Just click here. Scroll down and you will see all packages they offer. In our case we want to host WordPress so we are going to select “wordpress hosting”

domainking hosting

Click on “learn more“, then you will land on the page below

order now

Choose any package of your choice depending on your monthly page-views estimation and select the billing term (1). After that click on “ORDER NOW” (2). If you click on “ORDER NOW” you will be redirected to the page below (see screenshot)

SECOND OPTION: Here is another way of getting a hosting account on Domainking . Hover over “hosting” and select “web hosting”, choose your package and click on “order now”. Now let us proceed with the buying process.

domainking hostingSelect the first option (1) if you are creating a new blog. Choose the second option if you already have a domain that you purchase somewhere and you want to transfer the domain name to DomainKing. Choose the third option if you only need a hosting account from DomainKing. You will have to update your nameservers where you bought the domain name. If you case falls under the second and third option and you don’t know how to go about it, please contact me, I will help you out for FREE.
Enter your domain name that you wish to use, for example domainking.ng is the domain of domainking. In our case, our adress is albblog.com.
Note: You domain can already be taken by another person, if that is the case, don’t worry, just try another domain name.

After getting your domain name, scroll down and click on “CLICK TO CONTINUE”.

You will move to step #3 to choose the billing cycle (interval of time you will be renewing your hosting account). Next, click on “Add to cart”. You will be redirected to the next page, check all the addons, they are free. (check the image below)

Click on “continue to Final checkout page“. you will be redirected to the following page.

Fill the form above, enter a promotional code if you have any, it helps you reduce the total amount you are to pay. Here I have a special coupon code that will enable you to save 40% on your hosting account. Here is the code: ALBBLOG40. The next thing is to agree to their terms of service and click on “COMPLETE ORDER”.

You can use you ATM card (debit card) or make the payment directly to their bank account. After verification of your payment, they will email you every details concerning your hosting account.
Congratulations! Now you have a domain and a hosting account. Let’s move to step 2

STEP 2 INSTALLATION OF WORPRESS
In case you want us to set it for you for FREE, please learn more about how we do assist people for free by clicking on the button below otherwise stay tuned, I will teach you how to do it.
I NEED ASSISTANCE

You can install WordPress from your Cpanel, there is one quick-install tool offered by DomainKing or you can transfer wordpress files through a FTP software and then install wordpress. My favorite FTP software is fileZilla. Click HERE to download it for free. Make sure you select the version that is compatible with your system.

Note: Using the process above means you want to build your site live. (people will see what you are doing, wrong or good). If you have just stared with wordpress, I recommend you create the site on a local server. See THE ADVANTAGE AND HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS ON A LOCAL SERVER by clicking HERE.

Now let’s focus on how to install worpress, I am going to show three ways of getting wordpress installed. Choose anyone you like by clicking on it link below, it is up to you.

No 1: INSTALLATION OF WORDPRESS FROM CPANEL
No2: INSTALLATION OF WORDPRESS MANUALLY USING FILEZILLA
No3: INSTALLATION OF WORDPRESS ON A LOCAL SERVER USING XAMPP.

After a successful installation, we need to customize our blog.

STEP3. CONFIGURATION OF WORDPRESS

Read more: https://www.albblog.com/how-to-create-a-blog-using-wordpress/#ixzz55qxCLzSj

Here is my own website: www.albblog.com

You can chat me up on whatsapp on 08133049669 if the need arises.

(1) (Reply)

Blog Promoters Wanted / Nigeria Adsense Is For Sale (1 more available) / Quality Writters/bloggers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.