Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Nokia 5 And 1st Gen Nokia 6 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8 Oreo Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 5 And 1st Gen Nokia 6 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8 Oreo Update (1587 Views)

Infinix Hot 8 Starts Receiving XOS 5.5 Update With Social Turbo, Game Assistant, / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date / Nokia 8 Starts Receiving Latest Android 8.1 Oreo Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 5 And 1st Gen Nokia 6 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8 Oreo Update by Reediano(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2018

HMD has started rolling out the official Android 8 Oreo update for Nokia 5 and last year's Nokia 6 users. This update is coming just few months after the company kicked off the Android Oreo beta program for both devices.

This report was confirmed by HMD's Juho Sarvikas, According to him, the rollout of the update will be phased, which means it won't be available for all users at the same time. Nokia 6 devices with model number TA-1000 will be the first to receive the update before other models.

The update which is about 1.6gb comes with the standard Oreo features as well as some improvements. Make sure you are connected to a stable WiFi and your phone is charged or connected to a power supply before you proceed with the update.

http://www.yomitech.com/2018/02/nokia-5-and--nokia-6-2017-starts-recieving-oreo-update.html
Re: Nokia 5 And 1st Gen Nokia 6 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8 Oreo Update by Zvurg: 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
I don't think Android 8 Oreo OS is compatible with Nokia 5. I have tested it. My apps keep being unresponsive including system UI and it becomes extremely and annoyingly slow. I have to do a restart or soft reset twice everyday.
Re: Nokia 5 And 1st Gen Nokia 6 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8 Oreo Update by wristbangle: 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
Zvurg:
I don't think Android 8 Oreo OS is compatible with Nokia 5. I have tested it. My apps keep being unresponsive including system UI and it becomes extremely and annoyingly slow. I have to do a restart or soft reset twice everyday.

It is.
Re: Nokia 5 And 1st Gen Nokia 6 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8 Oreo Update by abbay19(m): 8:20am On Feb 20, 2018
Same here
Re: Nokia 5 And 1st Gen Nokia 6 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8 Oreo Update by abbay19(m): 8:26am On Feb 20, 2018
Zvurg:

Mine always Waiting For Wi-fi even while am on Wi-fi.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me On Xiaomi Note 5 / Infinix Hot S3X Specs And Price In Nigeria, Pakistan, India / Iphone 6s Plus With 64gb Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.