Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why Are They Taking Tramadol? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are They Taking Tramadol? (37388 Views)

Man Faints At Car Park After Taking Tramadol For The 1st Time In Onitsha (pics / JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia / Man Who Took Tramadol In Lagos Tied Up While Behaving Strangely (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by IbnIbrahim: 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
Last week, I spoke to two CEOs of community pharmacies. They have been in practice for over 15years.

I asked,
What's the demand for tramadol?

They both replied, the demand is very high
One of them told me that, people are now asking for the 200mg and 250mg pack. Tramadol comes in 50mg or 100mg packs.

This means that 1000mg is no longer giving the effect they want. Therefore, they want to consume 2000mg/ 2500mg.

He now said, they take it because it makes them high.

Both of them actually told me that they had to stop selling tramadol, so when people come, they just say they don't have.

I worked in community pharmacies, it's all the same, young people looking for and taking tramadol or codeine in large doses to make them high.

You see some of them mixing 10 capsules of tramadol or 100mls of codeine in carbonated soft drinks.

When you ask them, why they take it?

The answer is always the same, to get high

Tramadol is an opioid analgesic used for moderate to severe pain. It is addictive. It should only be taken if prescribed.

Overdose of tramadol includes:
- Trouble breathing
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Seizures
- Coma

We are raising awareness about #Tramadolabuse and #Codeineabuse through radio shows, social media @NoToDrugAbuse - twitter, Facebook, church and school programs. Get involved today.

Oluwatosin Fatungase (Pharm)
Teen Behavioral Coach
http://www.Oluwatosin.com
@NoToDrugAbuse
Inspiring Greatness...

http://www.hotproforum.com/topic917.html

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by kentozybee(m): 10:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
I concur tho. Wen I started taking tramadol back to back and I decided to stop, I realised I am always feeling weak coupled with pains in my joints. I had to resist the feedback from nervous system before I got back to normal. Continuous use of the drug is detrimental to the body system ESP those who use it as a performance enhancer fr sex,they risk havin penile problems in d future heart related problems many more.
Say no to drug abuse

Finally FTC
Let me put my acc number here,oya oga seun send my FTC money

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by anibirelawal(m): 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
True!
but NDLEA have placed a ban on it. it is not to be sold to any unauthorised buyers

2 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
Them no go ever hear nah..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by sodiqapril(m): 11:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
G
Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
U need to see how this abokis doing menial jobs injest this drug like no man's business.The demand is just too much.

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by Zanas: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
That's what that fool that calls himself olamide baddo was promoting in his rubbish song.

55 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by IbnIbrahim: 4:49am On Feb 03, 2018
ReneeNuttall:
U need to see how this abokis doing menial jobs injest this drug like no man's business.The demand is just too much.

Hardly would you see any registered OTC drug dealer selling it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by IbnIbrahim: 4:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Zanas:
That's what that fool that calls himself olamide baddo was promoting in his rubbish song.
What else do you expect in this kind of society?

The youths see them as role model. Perhaps that might explain some of the reasons why the youths are using those drugs.

39 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by IbnIbrahim: 4:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Zanas:
Erosion of our moral values.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by uboma(m): 5:47am On Feb 03, 2018
Raising awareness about drug abuse is a good move but demand for and supply of Tramadol and Codeine will continue notwithstanding.

You may also consider working with the drug dealers association in markets and with NDLEA to block the over the counter sales of these drugs without doctors prescription.

Good luck in your efforts.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:29am On Feb 03, 2018
IbnIbrahim:

Hardly would you see any registered OTC drug dealer selling it.

I thought as much

1 Like

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by IbnIbrahim: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2018
uboma:
Raising awareness about drug abuse is a good move but demand for and supply of Tramadol and Codeine will continue notwithstanding.

You may also consider working with the drug dealers association in markets and with NDLEA to block the over the counter sales of these drugs without doctors prescription.

All the highlighted steps are already being taken. Most OTC drug dealers won't sell tramadol without prescription now.

Good luck in your efforts.
Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by IbnIbrahim: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2018
How I wish the moderator can push this to the front page

3 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by simplyhonest(m): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2018
the rate of drug abuse is so high and alarming nowadays... more enlightenment is needed...

5 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by ikombe: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2018
Somebody cannot take Tram in peace again

38 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by ignis: 11:45am On Feb 03, 2018
Because the country is bleeped up...
Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by SicilianMafia: 11:45am On Feb 03, 2018

@OP you nor serious at all

Wetin tramadol dey do for body your pastor norfit manifest that kind miracle , so fvvckk off jaare!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by kvngjesse(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2018
To make some strong, to make some active on bed, to make some doze off grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by VanBommel(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Its such a pity the way the drug is being abused. I know one aboki that finishes a satchet of the 200mg own (I.e. 2grms)

2 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by mommaJ(f): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by KevinDein: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Drug abuse never ends well, no two ways about it.
At the beginning, it feels cool, the user feels on top of the World, believing others who don't partake are missing out on a huge fun. Then after a while, the user finds that they are basically planning their lives around how to get the next fix.They get tired of it all; the terrible withdrawal symptoms, the negative effects on their social and professional lives, the effects on their finances. The whole thing isn't cool anymore. They literally become prisoners to the drug and it takes a lot of determination and will power to break loose. A lot really.

Don't let anyone fool you, it's a terrible state to be in.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by madridguy(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Say to no drug abuse

2 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by dogstyle007(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
I guess they take it to Ginger their swagger grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by oshe11: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
I think K-bhrule is GAY
Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by xmanco42: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2018
Am looking for wife who must be a virgin, beautiful, God fearing, doest like money, graduate from unilag.
IF you found her please stop doing drugs.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by jaymejate: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2018
Ask Who Sang Science Student
Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by rxmusa(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2018
Ignorance and recklessness
Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2018
Say no to Tramadol! Even if you get HIGH taking it, it can never make you the MOST HIGH, no matter the quantity you take.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by ziga: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2018
Why should you be able to walk in a pharmacy and buy tramadol?

In developed countries, you will need a doctors prescription.

Tramadol, just like Codeine, Vicodin, Morphine are drugs that need to be seriously regulated.

When they stop being effective, people switch to heroin. If you don't believe,, ask the United States of America

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are They Taking Tramadol? by whirlwind7(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2018
undecided
Why else? You got your answer: they want to get high.
Get high and escape the realities imposed on them by a worsening economy and its implications.
When you see a man in his mid thirties who is still living with his parents, and haven't got much hope of escaping from that pitiful life soon, you might understand.

What's more, most guys who are gainfully employed and plotting brighter lives for themselves, won't be obsessed with taking trams for enhanced sex performance. Most of those who do, do so because they haven't got much of anything else other than sex to compel their girls to stay.

These drugs are POMs. Prescription only medicines. But the proprietors of these pharmacy outlets prefer the fast buck to waiting for clients to produce a doctor's prescription.

We are seeing a tip of the iceberg. Perhaps you don't realize it, but cocaine and heroin are much easily obtainable in the streets nowadays. That's right! It will keep spiralling.....until we have a truly responsible government who is willing and able to put his foot down. Presently, we have a government who cares more for cows than humans.

If you consider how a larger percentage of the population in northern Nigeria has been addicted to sniffing gums and ingesting cough syrup for its codein (including women and kids) just to escape the hopelessness, then you might begin to put the scale of the impending doom in its proper perspective.

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Raymond Dokpesi Jnr. Blasts Saharareporters Over 'Sensational' Headline / Tips To Avoid Bosom Sagging / Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.