Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Global Day Of Prayer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Global Day Of Prayer. (1099 Views)

Reasons Why The First Day Of The Week, Sunday Is Important To Christians. / I Am Very Happy To See This Great Day Of My Birth / PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME :The True Essence Of Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Global Day Of Prayer. by peribiz(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2007
Dear Friends, Pls I received this message from one of our partners from Transformation Africa and I would wish you take it as cardinal in your prayer points. The Lord bless you and keep you in Jesus Name, Amen.

[center]MEDITATIONS
FOR SAINTS IN NIGERIA AND SAINTS WHO ARE NIGERIANS
[/center]
Did you sense this in the heavens? Earlier this week I sensed that our collective spiritual authority dipped a bit for I saw forces that had been subdued over Nigeria almost permanently in the last 5-10 years, trying to rear up again. You should know as well as I do that if you have locum standi, your prayers could have both territorial and extra-territorial relevance no matter where in the world you live. In this regard, what matters is whether you are Nigerian or connected to Nigeria in some way. That is, if you are not Nigerian but you live in Nigeria , you also are positioned to have spiritual relevance over the nation because your life is in some way tied to hers. Also, if your family lives in Nigeria , mother, father, brother sister, husband wife, son or daughter, or grandchildren, you also have territorial standing and your prayers will count as part of our collective spiritual authority.

For purposes of greater clarity, let me say that our spiritual authority derives directly from our relationship with God through Christ. The more we yield to the Holy Spirit to conform us into the image of Christ, the more effective our spiritual authority. This is why we are told in 2 Corinthians 10:6, that our obedience makes our spiritual authority more effective. Our Lord Jesus Christ got the victory for us. However, we can only enforce that victory through deepening commitment and consecration to God. Those who live as they like, say what they like and go where they like, soon get to realize that demons do not honour their authority, for the simple reason that their obedience is not fulfilled.

When a group of believers praying for one thing, struggle daily to yield to the Holy Spirit for increasing consecration in every area of their lives, their spiritual authority in the heavens is remarkably effective (James 5:16). They can restrain principalities and powers more effectively because the price of their consecration is evident to those same principalities and powers. These principalities and powers know how they have struggled to undermine these believers in many ways: through pride, vainglory, diverse lusts, worldliness, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness and more, but because the people stand faithful in the grace of God in Christ Jesus through faith and the unction of the Holy Spirit, they manage to remain hidden in Christ refusing to emerge. (Ephesians 3:7 –10)

However, when we begin to sense discomfited demons rearing again in the heavens, it is proof that something is going wrong with many of us. Remember that that there is a critical mass with respect to spiritual authority. I have shared this here before. Abraham said to God in Genesis 18, couldn’t 50 righteous people in Sodom save the city? The LORD answered, “indeed they could if I could find them.” Then Abraham kept diminishing the number from 50 to 10. “Indeed,” said the LORD God Almighty, if I could find 10 righteous people in Sodom , their collective spiritual authority would be enough to stay the angel of judgment on his way to the city.” In retrospect, it is obvious that Lot was the only righteous man in Sodom . His wife was tainted with worldliness, (Gen. 19:26) and his two daughters were depraved and laden with diverse lusts. They practiced situational ethics (Gen. 19:30-38). When push came to shove, they could not stand up to the pressure.

I write this with myself also in mind. May the LORD help us all wherever we are today to deepen our individual levels of consecration. Daniel said to Nebuchadnezzer, your dreams suggest that a decree has gone forth from the Almighty, but it is only to signal the final phase. There is still a window of opportunity to turn things around.

24 " `This is what the dream means, Your Majesty, and what the Most High has declared will happen to you. 25 You will be driven from human society, and you will live in the fields with the wild animals. You will eat grass like a cow, and you will be drenched with the dew of heaven. Seven periods of time will pass while you live this way, until you learn that the Most High rules over the kingdoms of the world and gives them to anyone he chooses. 26 But the stump and the roots were left in the ground. This means that you will receive your kingdom back again when you have learned that heaven rules.
27 " `O King Nebuchadnezzar, please listen to me. Stop sinning and do what is right. Break from your wicked past by being merciful to the poor. Perhaps then you will continue to prosper.'

The King of Nineveh took this window of opportunity and turned things around. Let every pulpit in the land of Nigeria , or a pulpit that reaches out to Nigerians in diaspora begin a clarion call for true righteousness in the land and in our people. If you take a look at Somalia , you can understand what the total loss of spiritual authority can do to a nation. Evil is restrained in the spiritual first before it can effectively be restrained in the natural. Anarchy is stopped in the spiritual before it emerges in the physical. Anything you cannot stop in the spiritual, you cannot stop in the physical. That is why we must all remember that life is lived preventively. We prevent things in the spiritual so they would not happen in the natural.

This is the time to stop envying the world or competing with them. This is the time to practice inner purity, and purge our thoughts and our daily lives of diverse lusts. Dishonesty, pride, lack of integrity, unforgiveness, rivalry, bitterness, schisms, party spirit, injustice, unkindness and lack of mercy and more – these will rob us of spiritual authority. The demons who set these traps around us and along our paths, are the same ones waiting to benefit from our unfulfilled obedience. They know that each time we are tempted and we fall, we make their work of undermining us easier for them. This is because yielding to temptation renders us ineffective in enforcing the victory of Christ on the Cross of Calvary, over these demonic powers.

Please spread this word to every Nigerian Christian that you know, whether they live in Nigeria or not. Spread it to the G.O.s and pastor founders and their D.O.s. Spread it to the politicians and their collaborators who are Christians. We all stand to lose if our spiritual authority over the land weakens any more. 150 million refugees is not a tidy sight at all. May the good LORD bless you as you spread this word. May He reinvigorate our collective spiritual authority over our nation and her destiny, so we can continue our march to unity and stability despite all the prevalent confusion, Amen.

Your brother,

Okey Onuzo

For more info on Transformation Africa log on to www.transformationafrica.com
Re: Global Day Of Prayer. by pilgrim1(f): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2007
Perhaps, PRAYER is one of the blessings that believers have little interest in these days; but it is the very one that God has given as the key to unlocking greater blessings.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jer. 33:3).

Do we take time to pray? I mean, REALLY pray?

Make prayer a serious part of your life - not just for a special day, but as the natural daily experience in your walk with God.

(1) (Reply)

Hey Everyone,any Occultist In The House? / Message Delivered By The Lord Jesus To Susan & Sabrina (may 23, 2011) / If Prophet Muhammad Had Come With The Good News of Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.