Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide (18080 Views)

The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / A Dread In The Spine ( A Mystery Novel By Akintayo Akinjide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
lady25:
Intresting piece. Couldnt drop my phone until i finished it
Finished the one on nairaland or the pdf
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by itsandi(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
Interesting... Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
First page done........slowly doing this.

No updated on second page? Okay.......done grin
Divepen1:
Still waiting ...

I am watching that Stella lady......and do congraculate yourself for reminding ne of the hate I have for this "speaking in tongues" fake thing they do.
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
And I was reluctant to read this story *cries*
Thank God I did not miss it. My kind of story, I just love this supernatural stuffs.

Divepen, thank you *wipe tears* Thank you
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by lady25(f): 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Divepen1:
Finished the one on nairaland or the pdf
The pdf. ...

Cant wait to see how far gladys would go
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 12:03am On Feb 18, 2018
jagugu88li:
First page done........slowly doing this.

No updated on second page? Okay.......done grin

I am watching that Stella lady......and do congraculate yourself for reminding ne of the hate I have for this "speaking in tongues" fake thing they do.

Just download the PDF. it's still free
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 12:04am On Feb 18, 2018
queenitee:
Thank God I did not miss it. My kind of story, I just love this supernatural stuffs.

I'm really happy you didn't miss it too oo
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Fazemood(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2018
*in hausa intuition*
Walahi broza Depfen1, I hap neba see any stori wey I sweet like diz one walahi, all za pucha puchi wey senior winch stella is doing por where is bery bery samthing walahi, dan allah kwom an gib us anoza one, I wan 2 enta za oza room and sleef diz one hap carry my enargy and gwo. grin

All these meaning : brother devpen1 This story is a masterpiece more ink to ur pen and more ideas to your brain. Keep it up cool
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Fazemood(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2018
queenitee:

Same here, I've been scolding myself for being reluctant and doubtful of this story and the author. But I'm glad I did read it after all. smiley
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
Fazemood:
*in hausa intuition*
Walahi broza Depfen1, I hap neba see any stori wey I sweet like diz one walahi, all za pucha puchi wey senior winch stella is doing por where is bery bery samthing walahi, dan allah kwom an gib us anoza one, I wan 2 enta za oza room and sleef diz one hap carry my enargy and gwo. grin

All these meaning : brother devpen1 This story is a masterpiece more ink to ur pen and more ideas to your brain. Keep it up cool

Thank you very much...

That means you shouldn't miss
' A Dread in The Spine'

https://www.nairaland.com/4322851/dread-spine-mystery-novel-akintayo

Queenitee , you too

1 Like

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 20, 2018
Fazemood:

Same here, I've been scolding myself for being reluctant and doubtful of this story and the author. But I'm glad I did read it after all. smiley
And please can you drop a review on the sites.
But I would prefer the one from okadabooks

Okadabooks

https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/grabbing_the_hot_gate/17382

Smash words

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/787480?ref=Writertain
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by AvatarMode(m): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Nice work man. kudos!
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
Nice work man. kudos!
Thanks man.... please help drop this review on the websites..
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
Review By
humbledbygrace

In the society where we take people at face value, where we want more of what we can actually get from the good book, our bible, we seek it more into people because we think they are blessed than us when God loves us uniquely and uses us in different ways for different purposes...a young upcoming African author took it upon​ himself to shed light into the truth.

Reading Grabbing​ Hot Gates had me sitting upright after closing it, just evaluating my life as a Christian. It kept me on the edge from start to finish and I didn't want it to end, I needed to know what happened to Stella then. After a lifetime of being someone else tool, how would life be after finally accepting Christ into her life.

Well done boss, you are indeed reaching higher heights and living up your dream, please allow me to say, this is God's purpose for your life.

1 Like

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 7:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
Divepen1:

Thank you very much...

That means you shouldn't miss
' A Dread in The Spine'

https://www.nairaland.com/4322851/dread-spine-mystery-novel-akintayo

Queenitee , you too
I'm on my way there already
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:08am On Feb 28, 2018
Last day of free downloads
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2018
Chapter 4

First Touch on the Hot Gate
Gladys, as well as Matthew, waited patiently for Japheth at the door. His compound was beautifully adorned with various flowers and had about three palm trees; yet, the compound was neat. The dry leaves that were supposed to litter the ground had been packed to a side of the house. The flower that first caught her fancy was the bird of paradise. It was well-trimmed and the arrangement was beautiful. He had placed the Bird of paradise beside the Ixora flower. When she was younger, she used to make garlands from them to her mother's chagrin, but to her drunk father's joy. According to him, it made her look like Indian ladies. He loved to watch a lot of Indian movies because of their beautiful women. Her mother always ensured that she never stayed with him alone. Those days, she always cried to stay with him, but her mother never allowed it. She wouldn't tell her why either.
Japheth said he was coming, but she could hear the way he was running about in the house. She shrugged. Despite the neat, beautiful compound, Japheth must have a disorderliness issue. If God made them be together, she would make sure he became better.
'If God...'She muttered.
With a recently dried face and a big smile, he opened the door. They stepped in. His apartment portrayed wealth. Although he dressed well, his clothes never depicted him as someone with such great wealth. He must be a lover of flowers because a purple heart flower laid in a vase on the beautifully designed center-table. Her heart bubbled.
'Come in'.
'Thanks', Matthew said, limping into the room. Gladys felt for him, and wondered why God had refused to heal him. Even her, she had prayed about her ear to no avail. She had the power she desired, but it wasn't enough to heal anybody. It only helped her bring things to pass, and not to do some divine things. That meant she needed more in-depth knowledge of God. And one of the ways to do that was to fellowship with the right Christians.
She was surprised as she entered the parlor. It was neater than a recently cleaned room. He wasn't rough after all. His large stereo players stood at the four corners of the room and his air conditioner was also placed in a corner, but he didn't put it on, probably for the little cold that still lingered around from yesterday's rain.
'You have a good taste in flowers', she said aloud before she could stop herself.
'I wish. My friend, a female, did all this'.
'Oh!' She said and made a face.
'No', he said, laughing. 'She's just my friend'.
If he wasn't rough, then something was wrong. There was only one way to know. She had to learn not to close her eyes to things regarding him. While he went to get them refreshments, she controlled her spirit, and navigated it through the house. She felt alive. It was exciting. Using the gift of the 'holy spirit' like that was deep and exciting. Then, she saw what he was hiding and held her breath. She became sullen.
She felt irritated even when he returned. Matthew did most of the talking, giving her a chance to remove herself from the pile of irritation that was forming in her head. After a while, they decided to leave him.
'Thanks for the visit', Japheth said excitedly as he waved to them and turned towards the house.
The seed of anger had been planted in her, and she felt he must see what she saw: how disgusting his actions were. The second annoying thing was that when he saw them, he should have told them about his sins, for them to pray with him. Even James said that they should confess their sins one to another.
'Sister Gladys, I'm happy that God wants to use that Bro. Japheth. I feel he should be a member of the Bible Study unit for a starter'.
'Ehen?'
'Yes. He looks excited to do something for God'.
'Hmm', she said absentmindedly, and her mind wandered off the thought of him. She had imagined that with his sullen look, that he would be a person without any sin. And even if there would one, it would be something that wasn't really deep.
'Wait. When did he become a Christian?'
'It's hard to say. I think he said in his final year in school. He only rededicated his life last month'.
She scoffed. Japheth was playing them. How will someone whose life just got rededicated be sent to the most vital part of the church? It's not done. It's not proper and should be kicked against like an infested plant.
'That's not right'.
'What?'
'Him. He's a new convert. You can't just put him in front of the church to teach them. How will you allow a baby feed babies? It's like asking a cub to feed its fellow cub. It has to either get its food from lions with strong teeth'.
Matthew glanced at her, shrugged and continued ranting about how exciting it was to have people return to Christ, especially in this perverse generation. Matthew was a tree; he wouldn't stop howling until the wind of excitement died down.
When she was sure Matthew was out of sight, after they had said their goodbyes, she returned to Japheth's house. When a child is sick, herbs can resuscitate him. Japheth needed spiritual herbs. But before she would first present the heat of the herb to him, let him soak the aroma into his olfactory lobe. Then, she would later point him towards the right spiritual herbs he needed to reshape his shape-shifting life.
She knocked, waited and they exchanged pleasantries, and he asked to know if all was well.
'Bro. Japheth, the lord is telling me that you've committed the sin of fornication. You've sinned against God and yourself'.
He looked down. 'Will God go about telling people what I've done?'
She was trying not to explode. Despite the hold on her fear, she had to spit it out. She couldn't explain what was wrong with her. What he did disgusted her.
'While I was here earlier, the Lord showed me how you have turned your room to Sodom and Gomorrah, how the ways of the heathen still embody your way of life. You brought a LovePeddler to your house, to soak in the goodness of her being. You better pray to God for forgiveness and cleansing', she said and walked away. The relief of saying that was good. It was really good. She felt good.
She had begun to hope something would happen between him and her. But there he was, defiling the temple of God. That was the problem with choices. When she was looking for the perfect husband, he came out to be a whoremonger.
She hissed. At least, even if God would have said no to his request of asking her hand in marriage, Japheth should have made her have reasons to go to God to know if he was the right person for her. Now, nothing in the world would make her love him the way she intended to do. She froze. She had never acted like that before. There was a sort of edge on being the one to bear the truth, to be a prophet of doom, angry and holy. The feeling was exciting but bad, extremely bad. She walked home. Why did she even allow Matthew talk her into walking to Japheth's place? She couldn't cope with the journey from his place to her home. When she got home, she met Elizabeth in the house watching TV. She rubbed her little friend's hair.
'Have you gone inside to check on your mother?'
Elizabeth nodded and gestured at her own clothes. She was putting on something different from what she was wearing earlier. Gladys slumped dejectedly beside Elizabeth and drew her closer.
'What happened?'
'She vomited everywhere in the house, on the bed.
'Yuck'.
'Don't worry. I've cleaned it up'.
Gladys sighed as she stared at nothing and rubbed the unplaited hair of Elizabeth. 'This life knows how to throw things that are not deserving at us. We suddenly love them and want them to become better. We would use all our energy on them and hope they would love us in return. You know you should follow me to church tomorrow'.
'Will she allow me?'
'She will. After that, you'll plait your hair for school'.
'Okay. My Daddy didn't deserve my mummy. She is in this mess because of him. He left her alone'.
'I know Baby. I know'.
She fixed her gaze on the movie playing in the TV. Life was the real movie and movies were wrong about life. At least, most things in movies have logical explanations, but life has an illogicality planted in it. You have to watch this illogicality grow without much access to change how it was doing. They all were part of the stunted growth.
That evening, she made sure Elizabeth was safe, and tried to enter their house, but Elizabeth told her it was inadvisable. The next day she would visit her mother after service. Stella would have equipped her with enough word of God that would last her for the week. She would equip her beauty with the clothes that were delivered to her mother.
The book is out.
Ready for your consumption.
You can get PDF, Epub or any other version on Smashwords and Okadabooks by clicking
http://writertain.com/grabbing-the-hot-gate-a-novel-2/

2 Likes

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2018
'Is she crazy?' Alexis shouted as she began to wear her clothes. She crashed into the bed while trying to draw her jeggings on. She was fuming and panting heavily. 'I would have shown her what fornication means. I would have shown her that her body will feel fornicated by the time I finish beating her to nothing. I will beat her to the extent that even compressed hot bread would call her its senior. Bastard of no generation. Who does she think she is? Me. Alexis. A prostitute'.

'Alexis, calm down. She...'
'Even if I'm a runs girl, she's not my class. I'll brush her anywhere. And I'm not a runs girl. I'm also a Pastor's daughter. How many bible verses does she have in that useless head? I won fifteen national Sunday school competitions'.

Japheth felt bad. He rededicated his life to Christ three weeks ago. Being saved from sins was exciting. That feeling of redemption from everything he used to do was sweet. But now again, like before, everything came crashing down. He couldn't explain what happened, but he allowed himself do what he had stopped: fornication. Yet, they said he was dead to sin. Maybe if he had a way of controlling his urge around Alexis, maybe then and only then would he have the chance to be called free. He was in bondage, and the most annoying part was that he loved the bondage. Alexis dumped the pin-up models clothe into her bag, and picked her other things.

He had sent her away for a few days, but Alexis had her way with his most trusted gateman; yet, he couldn't send the gateman away because it was his own fault. Even though the gateman allowed her to enter the compound, it wasn't his fault that she had the key to the main building. Until he deprived her of that, she would still have access to his house.
'Are you deaf?' Alexis shouted as she kept fiddling with the button of the lower part of her clothes, which kept popping out of its hole.

'And what do you want from me? See, I'm off to work. You need to start preparing for school. We would see later in the day, hopefully'.
'Jeffy, let your head remain on your neck. Be wise. I'm talking about us and that foolish girl, you're talking about one foolish lesson'.
'Well, she's right. You're just 19 and ought to be in the University, if not because you failed JAMB twice before getting this admission'.
'Why not become cable news- CNN or Sky News? Tell the world I failed'.

'That's not what I meant. I'm saying this relationship is not a good symbiotic relationship. It might look mutual, but I think it is more of parasitism. I'm only using you to satisfy my sexual urge, which is not ideal'.
'I've told you, times without number. We're in this together. Stop this Jack Robinson you're saying. If you break-up with me, I'll kill myself'.
'We're not supposed to copulate or even...'
'Do you see me with any other man? What's this fish saying? Are you afraid that I do the same with other men?'

'What? I'm saying you're too young to be led into the wrong path'.
'Like... I'm seeing other men?'
'No. I'm teaching you something unhealthy for you'.
She sniggered. 'You? I'm your trainer baby boy. See...'
She walked slowly towards him, her eyes fixed on him, her tongue sliding back and forth around her lips, and her clothes slipping off.
'Let's not do this today. It's detrimental to both our...'
'In fact, give me money, and I don't ever want to see your pathetic face for the rest of the day', Alexis shouted. 'Don't come for me today'.
'Try not to do anything rash at home', he said as he gave her money enough to cater for a lot of things.
'Like you care'. She grabbed the money and stormed out, still ranting about Gladys.

He went on his knee and prayed. 'Lord, I'm so sorry'.
Somehow, the people that got him saved explained the concept of God forgiving all his sins past, future, and present and that was why he joined the fold immediately he saw the chance. Mirabel had been trying to bring him to Christ for months before those ones finally did, but he guessed she only prepared the way for them.

His sorrow arose when his parents, his wife, pregnant with their child, died in an accident. Since then, his life had become boring. That was a time he needed expressions of love from people. His other family members had tried their best, but their effort wasn't enough to make him happy. Mirabel who would have helped, travelled to take care of her Aunt, who had now gone missing. Her mother ought to have gone but there was a little dispute between them that made her refuse to go. So, Mirabel took her place. Those times, she tried to call him per time, but it wasn't enough to help him.

He would have committed suicide that night, but a drunk Alexis staggered towards him while she was returning from a night party. She met him on the edge of a bridge, trying to jump into a river. She laughed at him and promised to follow him if he jumped into the canal. At first, he thought she was babbling, but when she began removing her clothes, he stopped. Immediately he got down, she went into a vomiting bout. That was how he brought her to his house.

The next day, when she was sober, she explained that she was another spoilt disobedient Pastor's daughter. Rather, her parents were strict, poor Church owners. She only wanted to escape their cage. And that was how she got stuck with him. From then, she started experimenting her fantasies with him at every turn. Being an unadventurous person, he did it with her, hoping that it would cater for the void in his heart.

When he became a Christian, he saw an avenue to restore her to Christ. So, he made her stay, as a friend. But she had her ways, terrible ways, of making him return to his vomit. All he needed at that point was freedom from her, and a good reason to make Mirabel happy. He hadn't even called her to check her state of mind after she discovered that Alexis was in his life.

He wanted to be free from his lustful desire, from Alexis. Japheth kept praying. Even if God had forgiven him, there was no way he could forgive himself.
Gladys said he should talk to someone. Who could he talk to?
The Pastor of the church had the same character as that of Gladys, who came back to him ranting as if she was jealous. He had only seen that trait in vengeful prostitutes and wives whenever he was dealing with them at the hospital.

He needed to talk to someone. No one had shown any form of care in that church except the follow-up unit members that came visiting. Matthew was spiritually naive. His words weren't as deep as that of Gladys. Despite her rant about confessing his sin, he still found her intriguing; beautiful yet modest, holy yet without the nerdy look of most Christians. Her dress sense was captivating on its own. But truth be told, she wasn't as beautiful as his naughty Alexis, whose beauty couldn't match Mirabel's. Even without her extravagant make-up, she still had that edge over them. Nevertheless, Gladys seemed soaked in God's word and that was what he needed at that time of his life. Mirabel had what both of them had, but how would he explain to the woman he wanted to start a relationship with that he was fornicating and that he needed her help?
Although the next day was Sunday, he would wait till Tuesday to talk to Gladys, and would boldly tell her his problem. He was sure that once it was shared, it would be half-solved like he used to tell his patients.

Just then, a WhatsApp message alert popped on his phone.
Jaf, tomorrow is another Sunday. Come to church for God, and a blessed wife *winks*. In case the Alexis is the one, bring her too. Come and experience the real power of God, and total freedom in the Holy Ghost'- Mirabel.
He smiled and slumped into his seat.

Alexis returned home to the rants and complaints of her overbearing parents, and the only thing that consumed her mind was how to return to Japheth's place. He thought she was joking when she promised to kill herself if he ever left her. He was like the control over her desire.
'She's changing a little', she heard her father whisper to her mother one of those days she was having issues with them.
'Yes', her mother said. 'I think our prayers and corrections are having effect on her'.
'I'm sensing something else'.

If only they knew that God would never answer their prayers on her the way they wanted. Japheth was the answer to their prayer. They had better intensify their prayers because he was beginning to drift. He seemed to have started having a liking for Church than for her. She hoped it was another foolish phase of his self-discovery, one that he always quickly returned from.

2 Likes

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 9:19am On Mar 09, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 5:15am On Mar 14, 2018
Chapter 5
The Problem That Lasted
Stella shook her head dejectedly as she watched MTV base, and saw the demonic activities in play there. She smiled as she remembered that those American Witches high priests and high priestesses had been doing that for years, and only a few people have made a right guess about their numerous activities. They knew how to hide behind the TV scenes to control the heart of people, chanting deadly incantations at people. How convenient was it for them to play the music videos at midnight, when they knew that demonic activities were fully activated?

It was better the world didn't know about witchcraft or of its continued existence because the people might reverse to their old ways of handling witches, which was to kill them at sight, and burn them at stakes.

Yet, she smiled because it was a good thing to know the devil, to know he is a liar. It was a good thing to have read the Christian Bible. She knew that Lucifer was the father of all lies, and she knew from time that Heetah, her other small demons, and even Lucifer couldn't read her thoughts. Despite that, it wasn't easy thinking too much with Heetah inside her. It had intertwined its tentacles with her feelings to the extent that any feeling not produced by its incitement could cause punishment for her.
'Two thieves are about to enter', Heetah said joyfully.
'Why are you happy? She whispered. 'You are happy that I will be robbed'.
'Yes. Happy, you have what you need for Lucifer's sacrifice for the new moon'.

Stella smiled. She sat straight and nodded. They would be used for her sacrifice. And that was the reason she envied the witches in Africa especially Fortune City, they understood how to get things done. If only they knew the right incantations to invoke the presence of Lucifer. The thought of that made her slouch into the chair. She was supposed to be Lucifer's top wife in the world, but there she was, awaiting his world domination. Every time, he reassured her of her place in his life, but she wasn't ready to believe him anymore. The only thing he had successfully done was to hide her in hideous places, and make her live a long life, probably the longest life any witch had ever lived. But she wanted more, the glory, the fame and everything that came with being the wife of the supposedly richest person in all realms.

He had deceived her, and she would really make sure he suffered. All she needed was the information to ensure he lost a lot of things.
'What are you thinking about? Who do you want to make suffer?'
'The thieves?'
'Are you depressed about it?'
'No'
'That's a lie. I'm a demon. You don't lie to me'.
'I want something spectacular. I want...'
The door broke open. Two hooded thieves entered, equipped with fake guns.

'If you move, I'll shoot you', one of them shouted.
She scoffed. 'And do you think that gun even if was real can kill me? I'll show you'.
The one nearer to her was angry, and he removed the hood on his face. 'What? Do you think I'm afraid of you?'
'Heetah, show this thief what we do to intruders'.
She felt energy leaving her body towards the thief. He stood still, firm and unperturbed.
'Woman, you're mad'.
She tried different tricks in her book but he was unscathed. Stella was perplexed. 'Who are you?'
The thief moved closer and pressed the muzzle of his fake gun to her forehead. 'Bring out all the money on you'.
The other thief turned sporadically as if he felt other presence in the house.
'Heetah!' She shouted. 'The table'.

She watched Heetah make a smaller demon carry the table and fling it at the first thief. The thief crashed with a cry. The other thief squeaked in surprise and made to run away, but her magic got him. He writhed on the floor for a while and became unconscious. His still body reminded her of the body of every child she had ever given birth to. They laid, still and hopeless, in the same fashion. For years, Lucifer had tried to give birth to another Nephilim but they just couldn't. The sexual intercourse between the repugnant, foul-smelling, fierce demons and her always left her weak for days. Lucifer made her keep trying because, of all the witches they've tried it with, she was the only one that had ever given birth to a child that even cried, though they gave up the ghost almost immediately.

Stella was perplexed at what happened in the parlor. The crashed table laid scattered in different places. Now, she had to get a new table. That one cost her over 500 dollars to import. Yes, she was rich enough to import anything from anywhere in the world. But she couldn't flaunt it like most of those outside Fortune City. Even if she wanted to flaunt it, it had to be minimized. Foolish Heetah was always like an alarm, giving her signal for any extravagance in her lifestyle. Nevertheless, she couldn't help but commend its effort. It had kept her from dying a lot of times.

'Heetah! What the...What happened there?'
'He is stubborn. He is an atheist. His demon says his mind is so hardened that the only thing they can do to him is to make him hate God. The bible says that Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft and Stubbornness'.
'But I thought Atheism is caused by the demon of hatred and pride'.
'That's the problem. He just doesn't believe in anything. Even if he wakes, his mind is made up'.
'But that's impossible'.
'Very possible. But he's still coming to the Lake of fire'.

A vision of the lake of fire brushed through her imagination. She had meticulously followed the writings about heaven and hell and the kidnappings happening at Greencity, but she wasn't interested in any of them- the kidnappings, the people. All she cared about was the visions they saw. She knew what she wanted. Though most of them were not fully true, she couldn't help but notice consistency in their visions of hell.

Lucifer promised her more of everything whenever she joined him in the lake of fire. She was totally tired of her continued existence. Eternal life was boring. Most times, she had nagged on why he kept making her spirit move from place to place. He replied that 'you're very efficient. You are unlike most others. You don't seek too much power and obey me regardless who I ask you to hurt'. Regardless of the fact that she had stayed alive for ages, she still couldn't fathom how it would have been if she was alive for so long in the same body, the same place. People would have died around her and she would have gone to their graves per time. At least in her new body, she was made to meet and love new people, which was painful on its own. But she had learnt how to live with men without much love for them.

On many occasions, he had promised her good things. She was his secret. He believed if anyone knew where she was, they might come for her. And that was the reason she had been given Heetah. He was the best demon at shielding itself. Even to the Christians and the witches, it was a spirit of light. She couldn't count the number of times witches had tried to kill her because they assumed she was a powerful Christian.
'I know that feeling?', Heetah said.
'But those Christians that returned from hell say that Lucifer denied some witches of their true home'.

'But you know they lie. They are meant to scare Christians to fear. Fear is the main tool of making those Christians commit sins'.
'How's that?'
'Job of the bible said, the things I feared has come upon me. And even Paul said the thing I don't want to do, I do'.
'What should they have done?'
'Why are you asking? You are not a Christian?'
'I pretend to be and if we want to bring them down, I need to know what I must do'.
She felt the intensity of Heetah's anger in her head as it began to ache badly. She screamed as she bent down, holding her head firmly. The headache increased.

'I know you. You are tired of living. After living for many years of serving Lord Lucifer, you want to give up'.
'No', she screamed. 'No. I swear to God'.
'Shut up! He doesn't know you. He doesn't know you exist. Remember times when your friends were killed especially Maria Parker. Have you forgotten Anne Pedersdotter, how she was burnt by those Christians? How you cried, that pain? He made Christians kill you, witches. Then, you had no second chance'.

'But we are celebrated', she screamed and held her head still. The pain surged through her body and was like wildfire. Tears were already streaming down her eyes as if they wanted to join the beads of sweat on her body, gathering like townsmen who were being summoned by the town criers gong.
'Shut up! We are in charge. We help them make a lot of money from witches. We. We, the demons help those Christians make money from demons. Idiot. Buffoon. They are making money and using them to bring people to their Churches. The Church listens to their testimonies and trembles, just like what is happening in Greencity. We are making those ones see visions just for fear. Fear. So you have to fear. Or don't you know we are the ones who run the world and make things go on smoothly, even for you? How will those ones work without us? We pretend to release those witches, and allow the Church use them and indirectly bring fear on the Church. We've made them do what God hates- being afraid. To survive with us like you know, you must tremble'.
'Leave me. I hate you. I hate Lucifer'.
'You are now talking'.

The pain eased off her. Hatred was a virtue in their kingdom. It excited demons and Lucifer. It was one of their best weapons against anyone. By this time, the only that reminded her of the pain was her mind. There was nothing again that pointed to the fact that she had just gone through an excruciating pain.
'That means you hate God too'.
'I hate all of you- Devil, you and even God. He created you'.
'That's a fallacy. God didn't create us. We were the product of his creation. Lord Lucifer is the only creation. Well and those big guys You know who now'.

She hyperventilated and reduced her breathing pace. Heetah was talking about fallen angels. She slowly rose to work and hissed. Every time, these demons would continually make her do works that she wasn't supposed to do. Yesterday, she had worked to clean the mess Nancy caused and now, she was to clean the mess by the thieves.
Stella panted as she returned to the parlor after she dragged the unconscious thieves to her underground room. She winced as she attended to her injured hand. Although the flesh over it had returned, the pain still lingered. The funniest thing about Lucifer was that his tricks were still the same, but his book of tricks was used all over the world and people still fell for them. All the demons have mastered them. Lucifer believed the witches didn't need them. Having access to them would make every witch in the world desire to control him. Demons are loyal to him, by force. God had rejected them and the fallen angel and had made them stay with Lucifer in the lake of fire. So they were bound to him forever.
'You are an idiot', she muttered as she began to sweep the splinters of the glass center table.
'That's a good observation'.
'I own you'.
'I know.'
'I command you and you do what I want'.
'Yes, I know'.

'So why did I ask you to lift him to the underground room and you refused? That's rebellion'.
'That's my nature. Meanwhile, I told you to never think of heaven. It's belittling your potential. Why will you think of a lovey-dovey place where there's no excitement?'
'What's exciting about the lake of fire, you dullard?'
'To me, it's fun. There, you break bones and tear at people's souls. You punish souls, not flesh that rots. That is pure torture. We torture the souls of bad people in the lake of fire. That's our job'.
'Has it ever occurred to you that God can decide to take away all those people from the lake of fire and take them to heaven?'
Heetah squirmed. 'That's impossible. He would keep to his word. He always does'.

Stella marched off to the underground room, grumbling about how he refused to help her, and how she was reconsidering changing him. Then she went out of the house, and cast spells on the compound. The spell was capable of deceiving Christians and witches, who came too close. Tomorrow, she would bring out the spell she had soaked and use it on the compound.
She returned to her room to change her dress into a robe, and walked slowly into her underground room. Just as she was about to lock the door, she felt a presence. She smiled and cast the spell. The night would be long. The bad thing about being a witch was that most of them started with dreams and astral projections, for those whose minds were always ready.

Christians too can do that, but it had to be done by the Holy Spirit, not them. Yet, it was just for those humble enough to heed to his leading.
She entered the underground. The room was filled with demonic activities. The stench and aura was rich in the room. They were always disgusting.
'Do you people not take baths or something?
'After all these years, won't you stop asking this question? There are better questions like 'what is the devil's latest trick?'

'Like I care'.
'You should'
'Get me out of this crazy earth to my part of the kingdom'.
She moved gracefully, taking her time as she grabbed her knife. The full moon reflected into the room. She had been waiting for the new moon since the month started. It was a portal and it meant anything she needed would surely come to pass. If she was a Christian, she would see to it that she made the most dangerous prayers those times.
The room was lit with candles that were arranged at the edge of the circle she made. The circle in the midst of a pentagram. She didn't want those demons crossing into her room to do anything without her permission. The ones that had infested her home were enough.

The pyre, on which she laid the first thief, was also in the circle. He had woken, but she didn't want to hear his scream until it was time for her to enjoy the sweetness of the torture. So, she allowed him to moan from the gag in his mouth. She made him lay there in the form he first was when he came to the earth. It was just unfortunate that she couldn't make him as small, fragile and fresh as he was when he was a baby. Since she couldn't do that, she would make sure his skin crawled with blood, his blood.

She sat in the middle of the circle and recited the first incantation. The recitation almost took forever, she heaved from side to side, and then changed her direction to the front and back. The heat in the room increased per time. The dread that followed the presence of demons increased and she longed for such power, to have the ability to command fear.
'Heetah, I need more power. To protect my house, and to start the destruction of the Church at Brown Valley', she said. Reports have been reaching her that some people were teaching the true Word of God in that part of their Island. She hated that she wouldn't be the one to finalize the total destruction of the Church.

'Give me the demon of utter destruction', she said and her mind blanked out. Many people didn't know that when they blanked out their mind, they unleashed evil on themselves. She always blanked her mind because that was the doorway to do that. But many people, Christians especially, blank out their mind in expectation to fall under the Holy Spirit.

The demon appeared, bearing fangs, then many more others came out. She gave them instructions to enter her. Their entrance into her body was painful and brutal. She screamed as their foul smell overshadowed her nose. They fought their way into her so hard that if Heetah wasn't serving as a source of strength to her, she would have died there.

Afterwards, still swaying from the power of the demons that had encompassed her, she rose, dangling from sides under their weight. Her eyes were now streaking with blood. She grabbed her knife and advanced on the thief. The other thief was unconscious, and laid in one of her cages. For strange reasons, she made sure he was lying face to face with the stone of Nancy.

However, she left the other thief on the pyre for a moment like this. She needed something sharp that could send vibes into her bloodstreams. The only thing that could do that at the moment was his scream. So, she removed his gag and shifted back. He screamed his head off and she watched him as if he was an experiment. Sucking in air loudly, she moved her head from side to side as she stared blankly at his heaving chest.

'No one will help you', she whispered, and licked her lower lips. With a force she couldn't fathom its source, she sank the knife into his heart. He screamed and screamed louder and screamed with all his mind, but she didn't remove it; instead, she twisted it until he gave up the ghost.
'Welcome Gladys', Stella said as she raised her head to look at Gladys' spirit-body dangling in the air. She was a fast learner.

The night had become eerier and birds chirped from every corner of the street. A strong wind passed where he was and rested on the house. Kingsley was freezing out in the open, and he was feeling bad for not following them into the massive house. But he was afraid to heed Gerald's plan in the first place. Yet, he followed him because they needed the money to save Gerald's mother, and there was no way he wouldn't be caught if anything happened to them.

He checked his timer. They had spent two hours in the massive house. That could only mean one thing: his friends were dead. Kingsley checked where he was hiding to be sure he was safe. At least, the woman living there would call the police the next day to inform them of the death of his friends, Kingsley and Rauf. Gerald's mother insisted that they should go to her Church 'Wild Fire of God' for help. But being an atheist, Gerald wouldn't hear anything about it.

'Patience, son of the soil', he muttered to himself.
Although he didn't hear any gunshot, Kingsley was sure that whenever the police came around, they would confirm his fear. But for now, he would keep waiting for them, hoping they would come out, praying he was only being paranoid. The storm around the house howled and made him withdraw into his hiding place well. He muttered as he found a perfect place to hide, 'son of the soil, you will get your reward'.

1 Like

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hmmm, wow
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 6:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
queenitee:
Hmmm, wow
Thanks...
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Fazemood(m): 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
Good story bro, keep it coming
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 5:03am On Mar 15, 2018
Fazemood:
Good story bro, keep it coming
Thanks boss
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:16am On Apr 02, 2018
Chapter 6

Staring at the Gate
Gladys reminisced on what happened at her mother's place as she sat in her car, since no one was in the Church yet. The woman would never cease to amaze her. The only reason she went there was to see how she was doing. As usual, her mother had taken her coming as if it was that of a president. Gladys had cautioned her to no avail with the way she stressed herself to prepare one of her favourite dishes for her. 'Can't I feed my daughter again?' Her mother chided.
Like every other time, she sighed and she traced, with her tongue, the morsel of pounded yam in her mouth. The aroma of the pounded yam, alongside the vegetable soup, made her swallow hard. Her mother's food always topped the reasons she went to Greencity.

'Mama, I saw a vision', Isabel, Gladys' sister, whispered through a mouthful.
Her second sister, Roselyn, chuckled.
Gladys glanced at Isabel, then at Roselyn.
'She is joking right, Mama?' Gladys glanced at her mother whose face was gradually becoming red. Roselyn threw a knowing glance at Gladys. She muffled a laughter when Gladys couldn't see the reason for the amusement. She threw a glance at their mother's face, signaling to Gladys to watch the event unfold.

'My God will burn your vision to fire. I call on the God of Elijah, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Ayo-Babalola, Kenneth Hagin, Adeboye, Chintok, Selman, Okonkwo, Copeland...'
'Mama, that's okay'.
'Gladys Omobolanle. That's not okay. That's not okay', she shouted as dropped the morsel of pounded yam into the bowl in front of her. Then pointed to Isabel. 'Isabel Isabel If I'm your mother. If it's I, Josephine Imole Bolawole, that gave birth to you. If I born you well, I must never hear you talk about seeing any vision in your life. Now or Forever. My God will burn your vision'.

Roselyn burst into laughter, while Isabel kept a straight face. If Gladys knew her sisters well, she was sure they were playing a prank on their mother.
'But Mama if I saw a vision, won't I talk again?'
'No. Don't talk'.
'Mama' Gladys said, but was cut short by her mother's sharp wave.
'Don't Mama me. Are you people deaf? Youve seen the happenings. People are disappearing. May God punish that vision of yours. He will burn it with brimstone and fire'.

The two girls exclaimed, and Isabel gave up on the act. She burst into laughter, and began to cough terribly. Yet, she didn't stop laughing at her mother. The reaction aggravated Roselyn's laughter the more, she fell down from her chair. Isabel grabbed a cup of water, gulped it down and erupted into another bout of laughter. Gladys chuckled as she tried hard to be an adult. They all knew that their mother's reaction to everything always went like warfare.
'Mama, they were joking. You've been living with these two clowns for years and you cant tell when they are playing with you'.

Their mother flared up as she realized she was being played. 'You bastards'. She threw a morsel of pounded Yam at Isabel, who bent to make it splash on Gladys' face. The girls burst into laughter.
'Oh my daughter', her mother said, scurrying out of her seat to wipe the morsel off Gladys' face.
'It's okay Mama'. She had to hold herself from shouting at her mother for always being too overbearing and over-caring. 'I'm fine, Gladys' mother. I'm fine o. I said I'm fine, Mama'.
Her mother turned quickly to slap Isabel, but she seemed prepared for it as she jumped out of her chair. They all returned to their seats, and Gladys asked for the full details of the people being kidnapped.

Her mother took up the position of the storyteller, she informed her about the way those who saw visions of hell kept disappearing. Later, she told Isabel and Roselyn to excuse them because she wanted to talk to Gladys. They grumbled but left.
Gladys guessed and was right about her mother's reason for doing so.
'Gladys', her mother said. 'A flower that hides from butterfly would forever live in isolation'.
'Mama', Gladys said. Her mother wanted to start her normal talks on how Gladys should and must be married in her prime.

'See your late Uncle, Gabriel, he didn't marry because he was still biding his time, and it affected him'
Suddenly, Roselyn poked her head into the room. 'No matter how important what you are saying is, I don't care. You've got to come outside now'.
Gladys felt like stoning her with a shoe. 'Rose, must you always interrupt us whenever we are having a private heart to heart discussion'.
'But Mama'
'Scram' Her mother yelled. 'Get off'.
'It's the Landlady. Madam Joana'.

Her mother's face was flushed with a tempting desire to go outside. Gladys knew her. The landlady, Madam Joana, was her friend. So whenever someone informed her about her, she was always ready to see what was happening.
'A minute', she said and rushed off after Roselyn. Her voice resounded as she rushed off. 'What happened?'
Sighing, she followed them. Her mother would surely rant if she never showed her face at whatever was happening outside. She believed one must have a little knowledge of whatever was happening in one's environment. The woman was Gladys' nightmare.

Upon getting to the farther end of the passage, she saw one of her mother's neighbours, Claudia, clapping repeatedly at Joana, who was also shouting that they would leave her house.
'You'll leave my house', Joana shouted and faced the other lady, Tracey. Tracey was a tall dark, beautiful girl whose face could make a lady wish to be a man. Gladys shook her head to keep such nauseating thoughts out of her mind as she watched Claudia, the slim, short lady, whose frail body seemed suddenly enlarged by her rage, with the veins under her skin protruding in red lines around her skin. Tracey was speechless as she glanced at Gladys with guilt written over her face. She and Tracey and even Claudia weren't that close, but they have had reasons to discuss on general issues once or twice. Gladys made face at Tracey to know what happened. Tracey shook her head. Gladys felt like hugging the beautiful innocent face. She shook her head again and faced the other side.
'You two. In my house. That is sodomyYou are sodomites'.

Gladys' mother was trying to tear the two of them apart, while her sisters continually made crazy insulting gestures behind Joana's back. On a normal day, she would have shouted at them to stop.
Claudia steadied herself as she brushed Tracey aside. 'What does this woman think she is? A sanctimonious... Is she Jesus? Even Jesus was a good person. I will show you pepper and fire. Do you think we don't know your history? We've heard how you were once a prostitute'.
With her round short body moving about like a ball, Joana jumped and shouted, 'thank you. But now I'm saved. See the two of them, Lesbians. And I know who taught who. You this short tiny devil. The Lord forbids you'.

'Oh!' Gladys said as she glanced at Tracey with scorn. Traceys eyes widened and she attempted to explain herself, but Gladys shook her head and stormed back to her room. Everybody is crazy. Everybody is dipping their hands into bowls of marshy sins. She slumped on the bed and slept off, thereby avoiding her mother's call. But the most memorable and horrifying thing about that night was the fact that she saw her body dangling into a place that looked like the home of a rich person. Then, that body followed the woman to a hideous underground room. The dream was fuzzy, but she could still remember how she saw a woman with a knife stabbing a man to death. The man was laid on what looked like an altar. Although she didn't get the chance to really see the woman's face, she looked like Stella.
Staring out of the car, and waiting for someone else to enter the Church premises before she did, she tried to keep her mind off her nagging fear. Everything she did was consistent with the Bible; yet, there were some irregularities.

She must have been so deep in thought that she didn't know when Japheth's car drove into the parking lot because the first time she saw him was when he was alighting from his car. He was unusually early for a fornicator. She sat up in her car as she watched him stand in front of the massive Church building. She honked, and Japheth looked up towards her direction. She sized him up.
He was very handsome and would surely make a good husband, but she just couldn't take him or have any thought about him. In fact, she couldnt afford to have thoughts about him until she was sure he was holy, righteous, purified, sanctified and justified. And with all her energy, she would do everything to make him reach the right standard, of God. She would make sure of that. One of the implications of that was that she wouldn't go easy on him. She stepped out of her car to honour him, smiling.
He walked briskly towards her with his hands in his pocket, and they exchanged pleasantries, though he did it with a little reserve.
'Come into my car', she said, and tried to avoid suggesting that they moved to his car though she longed to see how neat it was.
He nodded. 'Thanks'.

After a few awkward seconds of silence in the car, she turned to him. 'Why are you in Church so early? And I hope you have prayed about what I told you?'
He fiddled with the dashboard, and swallowed hard, staring at the figure on her dashboard. 'I came early to talk to you'.
'Oh! That's good because you need to really talk and confess your sin'.
He nodded repeatedly. 'I have prayed to God. I hope he just forgives me because I'm so tired of going back'.
'Bro. Japheth, do you want me to tell you the truth? Only Confession wouldn't solve your problem'.
Surprised, he turned to face her. She loved the fact that he was attentive.
'See, what you did is that you nailed God to the cross afresh. It's like perdition. That's why you have to pray for a new heart. That will be refreshing', she said and tore her eyes away from the mirror she was staring at.

'But the people that helped me become a new person in Christ said that I don't need to even ask God for forgiveness because we've been forgiven the sins of the past, present, future...'
'Ah! Who told you such lie? That's preposterous and heretic and a sin against God and man. First John One says if we say we have no sin we lie and the truth is not in us'.
'I'm not sure I get you. Are you saying the truth is not in me?'
'The Bible says so, Bro. Japheth. You're getting angry quickly. You need to receive the Holy Spirit. I'm sorry if I come as harsh but it's the gospel truth and I'm one of the few around here that tell it'.
He frowned and she could feel the tension in the air. Even if she wanted to bring her voice down, it was useless. He needed to hear the raw gospel truth to grow.

'I don't get. But I have the Holy Spirit They told me. I have the Holy Spirit'.
'Are you kidding me?' She said as she stared at him in surprise. Whoever had been filling his head with rubbish had failed because she was now there to put things right. With the real word of God, she would wash him clean, and make him strong enough to stand on his feet. 'What's your evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit since you believed?'
He stared at her, glanced at the roof of the car, opened and closed his mouth repeatedly.
'You don't know...'
He nodded.
'Do you read your bible?'
'Yes'
'How?'
'I just read it. In fact, I spend 20 minutes on it'.
'Wow20 minutes', she said and stared at him. 'And you've been a Christian for just two months?'
His face brightened. He was delighted in his mediocrity.

'I make sure I'm consistent'.
She chuckled. 'You're funny. This is your second month; you should be able to have at least...at least, two hours of studying the bible'.
'Ahan. Will I not go to work again?'
'That's sacrifice. That's the sacrifice. You can't be here at this level any longer'.
She bit her upper lip, and wished he could quickly go through all the stages of growth like a hybrid poplar. Then, she would feel the need to pray about him, about any possible chance of him being the man for her.

'I'm trying. I'm just new. I don't know who will guide me. Everybody has abandoned me'.
She felt like badgering him, but thought otherwise. 'You need a mentor'.
He sighed. 'I think that will do it'.
She smiled. He was ready to learn. Maybe she was too harsh. In fact, she didn't always do that to people or even strangers, but he was becoming special to her.
'Will you be my mentor? You are knowledgeable about the bible'.

'Me?' She muttered as she touched herself. 'I'm...I'm...'
As if God answered the quick prayers that ran through her mind for an escape, Stella knocked her side of the car, and poked her head.
'What are you doing? The service will start soon. We need to start pre-prayers. Good afternoon Bro....'
'Japheth'.
'Sister Stella, meet Bro. Japheth. He is a new member'.

Stella's face brightened. Gladys felt like taking a picture of that smile, especially as the sun reflected on Stellas face. The picture, as a wallpaper, would fit perfectly beside the vase of City Flowers in her room. Seeing both of them would make her happy always, for long. Stella had the sweetest smile she had ever seen and she craved it.
'Welcome, Bro. Japheth. It's nice meeting you. I'm Stella'.
'Welcome ma'.

Gladys' face brightened as an idea struck her. 'I know this is an awkward situation but Bro. Japheth is a new Christian and he needs a mentor. But what he really needs is a discipler. Can you be his discipler?'
She glanced at Stella then at Japheth, whose face was lit in awe.

'Yes. Let's talk after service', Sister Stella said.
Gladys felt like hopping about like a frog throughout the service. Her most prized man was becoming a gold. Stella would purify him with the word and power. Now, she would watch him grow and then they would pray about relationship. It was babyish for her to think of this, and this feeling was strange, but she needed it to ward her mind off the dream she had overnight.
The scariest part of the dream was that she loved what the woman in the dream was doing and she wanted to be the one killing the person tied down. In the spirit, she drank the blood and desired for more. She hoped to God it was just a dream, and nothing else.

After service, Mr. Akanni came again with his disturbance, and she warded him off, disgusted at his desperate promise to do anything for her.
'What? Are you that desperate? Common, man. Nothing must happen to me. The way you are acting is sending cold down my spine'.
He backed down. 'No. Nothing. I only mean to help you'.

She gritted at him and smiled. She would give him something illegal and impossible to do.
'So, my mother's landlady at Greencity has these lesbians in the house. Evict them'.
He opened his mouth, awestruck. That was definitely an impossible request. He didnt know her mother, her mothers landlady, or even where the house with the gay occupants was. Was he supposed to just go to Greencity, moving from street to street in search of her mothers house?
She smiled at him, and walked away. She had kicked another man in the balls. When Japheth was still under training, how would she stop getting ready for him?
'Where Where is her place?'
She shrugged, not looking back. 'That's your problem, not mine'.

After exchanging phone numbers with Stella, and thanking Gladys for being a path to his becoming a changed person, he drove to the hospital. He wasn't one that always went out to parties and places of fun, but since he had been trying to escape being around Alexis, the only way he could get her off his head was to be with the one person that really loved to be with him for the fun of being around him.
Mirabel wasn't on duty that night, but they were heading for a restaurant again. Although her mother wasn't around, she still wouldnt allow him to enter their house. So, when he met her outside, typing furiously into her phone, he had to honk to bring her back to the world.
'Welcome back to the world and my car'.
She looked about in it and sneered at him. He knew she was still shocked by Saturday's discovery. But she had assured him she believed him.
'How's our wife?'
'She is on the way'.
'She's coming?'
'No. I mean I'm yet to have a wife'.
She hissed and hit his hand. 'Fish'.

They went to a restaurant, had a nice time, and were returning to her house, when he saw Aunty Gbemy buying something at an event planning shop. He stopped the car, and jumped down.
'Where to?' Mirabel shouted after him.
He stopped behind Aunty Gbemy, and whispered into her ears, 'that's how my aunt would come to Black Town and not inform me'.
She jumped, frightened. Then, she turned towards him and giggled, holding her chest. 'You this naughty child. Don't you want to grow up for once in your life? How can you frighten me like that?'
He laughed and rushed to hug her, lifting her a bit. 'Aunty Gbemy'.

She giggled and slapped his shoulders repeatedly, 'drop me. Drop me. Japheth. Japheth'.
He dropped her, panting. She was slightly huge. Her plump body had always made him desire to never be as fat as she. Although she was still fit, and better than a woman in his new Church, he still always pondered on why she loved that stature. People around threw them side glances and smiles. Even, Mirabel had dropped out of the car. He turned to see Mirabel as she came towards them just in time as he saw a bright smile smearing her face, showing she was accusing him of something.
'Aunty meet my friend, Mirabel'.
His aunt's face lightened up. 'Oh! The Mirabel. Wow! She is beautiful, more beautiful than you even put it'.

He had never told his aunty about Mirabel. He stopped telling her things like that since he got to Black Town, two years ago. But then he remembered that someone made that statement in one of the animation DVDs he sent to her. She loved animations, so he sent so many from his collections to her as birthday gift in March. She was definitely using a line from the animation 'The Lorax'.
'Mirabel, don't mind Aunty Gbemy. Aunty Playing the Lorax with me?'
Mirabel's eyes brightened. 'The Aunty Gbemy'.
He heaved in disbelief. He had only mention Aunty Gbemy maybe twice in front of Mirabel. So he couldn't fathom the reason she was mimicking his Aunty.
'Yes', he said sarcastically. 'The Aunty Gbemy. The two of you are troublemakers. Mirabel, this is the Aunty I lived with during'
'So she is the one. Youre the woman', Aunty Gbemy exclaimed.
'No, Aunty'.
'No, ma'.
'What do you mean?'
'Aunty, we are just friends'.

'He's my best friend', Mirabel said, and winked at him. 'In fact, he has a girl he is eyeing'.
He raised his hands to heaven, dejectedly. 'I've told you, she is just a girl, a friend. She is not a prospective wife and can never be'.
Aunty Gbemy stared at him as if she was staring into his grave like she did her brother's, his father's. She turned to the woman selling the things to her, and informed her she would return to pick the goods. She dragged Japheth off, and told Mirabel they would be back.

Immediately they got out of Mirabel's earshot, she dropped his hand and snapped her fingers repeatedly in front of his face. He blinked.
'Good. You can see that. What's wrong with you?'
'Nothing. I'm fine'.
'You're not fine. If you're fine, you wake up and smell the wifey in front of you. See her there'.
'Aunty, she is my best friend'.
'Shut up. How will a boy and girl be best friends? Tell me, what's wrong? Is her character bad?'
'Mirabel? No. No'.
Aunty Gbemy scanned his eyes through her glasses, in the dim light.
'Truthfully, she is good'.
'Then what is happening? Why are you two not in a relationship?'
'Aunty'.

1 Like

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Or is it your dead wife? May her gentle soul rest in peace. Sweet girl. I know you might not have a desire to have any other relationship after the one you had with her, but you have to try'.
'I'm trying. I'm really trying. See me, I want a relationship'.
'That means, it is truly that other girl'.
'What? No. No. She is not the one. Alexis. Ouch! She can't be the one. Never'.
Aunty Gbemy looked about. 'Or has that thing. The memory. You know what I mean. Is it back? Is the memory of that thing flooding back?'
'What memory?'
'Secondary school'.

He batted his eyelids repeatedly to ward off the pain of that memory. He hadn't thought about it for a long while now. She was talking about him being raped by a man, when he was in secondary school. Those times, no one believed him. Only three people believed him, Usman, his junior in school; a friend, that used it to his advantage and caused trouble for him; and his aunt, who fought his case and even helped him overcome the feeling by paying for his sessions with a psychiatrist.

'No. I'm not disturbed by that'.
'So whats wrong? Talk to me?'
'Let's forget it. The saleswoman will be waiting for you.'
'To hell with her. Tell me why you're refusing to tell her'.
'I will tell her. I'm just bidding my time'.
'In this dispensation. How old are you? About 36? Do you want to have grey hair before finally telling her how you feel about her?'
'I will soon'.
'How soon? Four years is also soon'.
'Before February'.
'Are you serious? Are you out of your mind? By January first, when you come to celebrate the new-year with me, you must have told her. Or else I'll'
'Dis-aunty me?'
'Naughty boy', she sniggered. 'He knows my words'.
'Then I'd better dis-nephew you'.
'But on a serious note, ask for her hand in marriage'.

He promised to do soon. They returned to the stall, and said their goodbyes after Aunty Gbemy had collected Mirabel's contact. But Japheth was sure he wouldn't utter a word about his love for Mirabel to her until he was sure he was free. Mirabel couldn't stop disturbing him about how she had never seen him happy to see anyone in his life. She even promised to change his name to Aunt's little baby.
When he got home that night, he asked the gateman if Alexis came around, and he dejectedly replied in the negative. Maybe he was becoming free at last. Maybe he wouldn't have to wait till February after all.

1 Like

Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 11:20am On May 16, 2018
Oya *winks
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Fazemood(m): 7:37pm On May 16, 2018
Next please, Oga Divepen1 dis story make sense die abeg update sir. Well done sir
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:52pm On May 16, 2018
Fazemood:
Next please, Oga Divepen1 dis story make sense die abeg update sir. Well done sir
Okay Sir..
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 11:46pm On May 16, 2018
i bow 4 u divepen, continue i've got ur back
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 11:46pm On May 16, 2018
nice writeup bro, continue 4 we ride with u
Re: Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:09am On May 17, 2018
germaphobe:
nice writeup bro, continue 4 we ride with u
Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Shows Her Dance Steps / A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode / Is MMM Really Back (the Story Of A Participant)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.