Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road (19348 Views)

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / Neatly Used Audi A4 Car Up For Sale First Body At Good Price In Lagos / This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by fineboynl(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
The bad road in the state is nothing to write home about. Not to talk of other bad road that load to my house. washing your car this rain season is a waste of time and effort.

The worst part is my bumper and exhaust.

Was considering lifting the car up it it will affect the balance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Oppsin: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
I'm here to learn
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Alex80s(m): 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2023
You need it because manufacturers of these vehicles didn't put the deplorable state of our roads into consideration... If you stay in the city with good roads, what about traveling to your village??

Besides, it's safer to drive an SUV that has huge ground clearance. If you can't afford it ,you can lift your sedan,at least it will reduce the number of times you will visit a panel beater.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by RoadMozart(m): 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
fineboynl:
The bad road in the state is nothing to write home about. Not to talk of other bad road that load to my house. washing your car this rain season is a waste of time and effort.

As You lift it, ensure you get bigger tyres

39 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by baconline(m): 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2023
Lifting a car reduces the stability especially on high speed

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Born2conquer: 10:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
fineboynl:

I lifted mine, they merely need to add some rubbers to the shock absorber springs and I've been enjoying it since then.

31 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by cyborg123(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2023
As much as I hated doing it, I had no option due to the state of our roads. For me, I'm okay with the results so far.

23 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Harmonize234: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
Please don’t, I did it to my es330 and the steering pump show me shege, it affected the steering pump and I changed pump more than 5 times. Because of the added higher it kept stretching the pump pipe and damaging it.
My advice is to maneuver slowly and professionally when driving

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by ceejay80s(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
Harmonize234:
Please don’t, I did it to my es330 and the steering pump show me shege, it affected the steering pump and I changed pump more than 5 times. Because of the added higher it kept stretching the pump pipe and damaging it.
My advice is to maneuver slowly and professionally when driving
Depends on the car, I lifted my car last year and its ok

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Harmonize234: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2023
ceejay80s:

Depends on the car, I lifted my car last year and its ok

Well maybe, but I’ll never try to do such reconfiguration again, I’ll leave as factory made it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
Harmonize234:

Well maybe, but I’ll never try to do such reconfiguration again, I’ll leave as factory made it.

I drove carefully with my corolla with factory height, I was just scrapping every speed bump on the road, even covet to my house, I just vex buy bigger tire and lifted it slightly, since then no more scrapping
and no issues so far.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by ceejay80s(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
Harmonize234:

Yes, true, I am always careful accelerating
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Harmonize234: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2023
Manuella4ace:

I drove carefully with my corolla with factory height, I was just scrapping every speed bump on the road, even covet to my house, I just vex buy bigger tire and lifted it slightly, since then no more scrapping
and no issues so far.

Boss I know the feeling, the lifting fit affect some cars badly than others. D bigger tires definitely is better for your car.
As long as car get 17inch rim size, me I no go add any other height to d car again, I go drive am as factory do am
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Harmonize234: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
ceejay80s:

Yes, true, I am always careful accelerating

That’s the easy and right way bros 🙌🏽
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2023
Harmonize234:

Boss I know the feeling, the lifting fit affect some cars badly than others. D bigger tires definitely is better for your car.
As long as car get 17inch rim size, me I no go add any other height to d car again, I go drive am as factory do am

Speed bump for east and Lagos or Abuja are not the same oo

3 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by fineboynl(m): 3:48am On Jul 06, 2023
Manuella4ace:

south east has the worst speed bumps especially Enugu. Speed bumps without a sign post. Speed bumps on express road. Spend bumps on hill so many I can't mention.

21 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Harmonize234: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Yes oo that’s true, na Lagos own I dey talk of
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Elvis2kay: 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
embarassed
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by ShenTeh(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Oya now
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Agbadocassava: 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Don’t try it

2 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by LasgidiOnline(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
I am here to read comments since I no get car

6 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by chris20000: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
OSIHMEN Onazi And Friends having fun yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHolAFdGodM
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
My fear for these small vehicles is low space between bumper and the ground. My dream cars has always been SUVs and Big Jeeps like Tundra

3 Likes

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by airsaylongcome: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
baconline:
Lifting a car reduces the stability especially on high speed

This! Many people fail to understand the physics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by TBforgive: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Some roads are so bad that lifting could suffice.
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Risingblue008(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yes
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Solidkay(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
It'll surely be the best decision you'll ever make as regards your car durability on Nigerian roads.
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by atheistandproud(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yes

If you like your car, better go lift am

1 Like

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by onlyboyson(m): 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Sorry I couldn't help I don't own a car for now
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by airsaylongcome: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Manuella4ace:

and no issues so far.

Culvert fam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? / Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder / Driver Rams Into Bus Stop In Lagos. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.