Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa (18283 Views)

Checkout Jackie Appiah's Controversial T-shirt That Got Fans Talking / Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2010
DON'T GO THERE!

You probably like Jackie Appiah, i don't! So deal with it and stop asking me silly questions.

what are you talking about, If it was you, I wanted to say wow!! you are a beauty!!! nothing to do with Jackie, I am not a great fan of Nollywood movies and I havent seen her movies before I just wanted to comment on your beauty (if it was you in the picture)
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by denny4ril: 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
wink the best actress can be from anywhere in the world. it all depends on the criteria for making such choice
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by sim1050: 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
www.greatbooks.350.com
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Amya(f): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2010
omar22:

what are you talking about, If it was you, I wanted to say wow!! you are a beauty!!! nothing to do with Jackie, I am not a great fan of Nollywood movies and I havent seen her movies before I just wanted to comment on your beauty (if it was you in the picture)

my bad, I thought you wanted to take a shot at me.

That's me alright.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by BlakkBoi(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2010
@Topic

We may not have had good theater actors and actresses in Nigeria, but give it up to the political actors they are really doing a wonderful job.

A Nigerian will definitely win political Oscar award.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by vislabraye(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2010
She's good but can't be the best in Africa. Where do you place Genevieve, Mercy Johnson Rita Dominic and the likes. We have very talented female actresses in Nigeria. If Jackie was in Naija, she would be around no. 5 in rating
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
She's good but can't be the best in Africa. Where do you place Genevieve, Mercy Johnson Rita Dominic and the likes. We have very talented female actresses in Nigeria. If Jackie was in Naija, she would be around no. 5 in rating

Jackie is the best actress in a leading role for 2009, they didnt say she is the best actress ever, they said of the best the year, why do people find it hard to understand

Sandra Bullock won the best actress at the Oscars for 2009, but do you really think Sandra Bullock would be in the top 20 actresses in the world
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2010
omar22:

Jackie is the best actress in a leading role for 2009,  they didnt say she is the best actress ever, they said of the best the year,  why do people find it hard to understand

Sandra Bullock won the best actress at the Oscars for 2009,  but do you really think Sandra Bullock would be in the top 20 actresses in the world
Na still Ojoro!! cheesy
Not even best actress of the week.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by ducci: 11:19pm On Apr 20, 2010
leave the girl nah,she undoubtably deserve it.our so called nija actors have to be given good competition so they can improve,besides,what role did genny etc play in the period under review,dont just look at her overall performance in the past years.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 11:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
Na still Ojoro!! Cheesy
Not even best actress of the week.

Ok who do you think the best African Actress is?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 12:13am On Apr 21, 2010
sweetmadam:

Don't hate on the poor girl. If you take the time to watch that movie, you'll understand why she may have won.

Am i the only one that has noticed that Nollywood is being taken over by Ghanians? They get the leading roles and get to act in the best movies.

Just take a look at the leading men today in naija films

1. Majid Michel   (Ghana)
2. Van Vicker   (Ghana)

It seems they have embarked on a silent takeover campaign.  cool

We shouldn't be bothered about that because Hollywood isn't only about American Actors.  Kapish?

Let's give praise to whom it is due.

the same thing in ghana. there are a lot of nollywood stars having lead roles in ghanaian movies as well.
"Shakira" for example and some others i can't remember their titles right now.
its funny when ONE nigerian gets casted in a ghollywood movie, its no longer seen as a ghanaian movie but a nigerian movie. (from what ive noticed)
so its not that ghanaians are "taking over" nigeria and ghana are just CHOOSING to work with each other.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 12:49am On Apr 21, 2010
Well, I wouldn't really say they are "taking over", firstly because they are asked to play those roles and secondly because its actually an avenue for Nollywood to stay relevant to both markets/audiences. I do think its just a phase, the only ones which I think may be here to stay are Majid and Yvonne Nelson. So they should because they are actually talented.

Most people dont know that the guy directing so called "Ghanaian" movies like Beyonce, Princess Tyra, Passion of the soul, Darkness of Sorrow Frank Rajah Arase is actually Nigerian.

Having said that, I think his work is not good at all, nationality aside.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Absalom(m): 1:29am On Apr 21, 2010
Nigerians we have d potentials,we have all it takes 2 rule d world but we cant use wats upstairs
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by nellaluv(f): 2:06am On Apr 21, 2010
sienna: And you should do some research:

Mrs = married.

Miss = unmarried.

Ms = either married or
unmarried.

If you're not clear about any issues, then ask, I'll happily
educate you. "Ms" is used when the status of a lady is not known. Visit Wikipedia, if you're still not clear with my explanation.

American

The American Heritage Book of English Usage states that:
"Using Ms. obviates the need for the guesswork involved
in figuring out whether to address someone as Mrs. or
Miss: you can’t go wrong with Ms.Whether the woman
you are addressing is
married or unmarried, has changed her name or not, Ms. is always correct."[15]

In business, "Ms." is the standard default title for women until or unless an individual makes another preference known, and this default is also becoming more common socially. The
default use of Ms. is also championed by a number of etiquette writers, including Judith Martin (a.k.a. "Miss Manners "
British
The Times (UK) states in its style guide that: "Ms is nowadays fully acceptable when a woman wants to be
called thus, or when it is not known for certain if she is
Mrs or Miss"[17]. The
Guardian, which restricts its use of honorific titles to
leading articles, states in its style guide: "use Ms for
women, unless they have expressed a preference for Miss or Mrs".[18]
Most women in the UK style themselves either "Miss" or
"Mrs"[citation needed].

However, in some circles the appellation Ms is now standard, for instance in business or where one may not know or find relevant the marital status of the woman so addressed. Ms can also be used if the
woman in question is
divorced and reverts to her maiden name. Additionally, she may have changed her name by deed poll and use Ms because it is neither a married nor a maiden name.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms

Next time, please be sure of yourself, before wrongly
criticizing, and showing yourself up![/i]

some people take this forum way too serious undecided , i wasn't trying to make you look dumb 'Mr i know all', thanks for 'educating' me but that wasn't necessary. KMT

@all, you all criticizing that Jackie isn't the best, they're trying to make the award go round, this year Jackie Appiah was chosen, next year a different person would clinch the award, just try and appreciate their efforts, congratulate them and be happy smiley
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 2:16am On Apr 21, 2010
@Absalom  that's so true! we can but i just don't know when.  

IF NIGERIA WERE TO BE RUN THE WAY IT SHOULD I SWEAR NIGERIA,USA,UK WILL BE TOP COUNTRIES INSTEAD OF LIVING IT ALL FOR USA.

OUR MOVIES STILL SUCK NO MATTER THE IMPROVEMENT THEY CLAIM TO HAVE ACHIEVED!!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by K4: 5:26am On Apr 21, 2010
@ Londoner, I am pretty much amused by your prejudices. It very obvious you don’t like Ghanaians that much. Well, that is your prerogative.

But I think you should pipe down on this stuff. It is really about a decision made by a five-man panel, I reckon. You can’t castigate Ghanaians for a decision reached by some small group of non-Ghanaians, can you?

Personally, if taking the title from Jackie and giving it to a Nigerian will make people happy and stop the Ghana-bashing in this thread, I will be very happy. It is not worth the hullabaloo. My personal opinion.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 5:51am On Apr 21, 2010
@ K4

So it's was a five man panel decision now wonder the awards are dashed out to Quacks imagine 5 awards for Figurine And 4 another stuff. Thay should have used professionals!

Am not saying jackie doesn't deserve it cuz i know shiz good but the whole idea of the awardz is just so quack! yo

YOU NEED MORE THAN A FIVE MAN PANEL WHEN MAKING DECISIONS ON A WHOLE AFRICA!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 21, 2010
Amya:

I hate Jackie Appiah! Never liked her, never will. She escaped dwarfism and have funny little stumps of a forearm. Her bulgy eyes are sources of numerous nightmares for me. She has great set of teeths and a bewitching smile, but that's just about it. Acting wise, she's not that bad, that's if i can take my eyes off those stumps and really see what she's doing. Best actress in africa? No, best actress in ghana? No!

P.s, If any one of you know her please advice her to take it easy on the make up, it adds a whole decade to her face!

Do you know how cruel, and petty your words come across as?

We can't all be perfect, thank God you came out perfect, with every feature no one else will have issues with.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 21, 2010
nellaluv:

some people take this forum way too serious undecided , i wasn't trying to make you look dumb 'Mr i know all', thanks for 'educating' me but that wasn't necessary. KMT

Nella, you couldn't make me look dumb, even if you tried.

When I'm told by a forumite to "have respect" because he / she feels I used the wrong term / title to address someone, then of course I'll set the record straight. We all learn something new everyday - now, you know the title "Ms" can be used to address a lady, regardless of her marital status. smiley
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by nellaluv(f): 9:26am On Apr 21, 2010
^ ^ yeah yeah, whatever smiley
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by chelseabmw(m): 9:53am On Apr 21, 2010
good 4 her
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nayah(f): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2010
Londoner sorry but you seem to be very harsh with non nigerian people non offense just a notice,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 10:58am On Apr 21, 2010
@K4, please cut and paste my posts where there is "prejudice" or where I "castigated" ghanaians because of the award please. I can tell you straight that you will not be able to find any prejudice towards Ghanaians in this thread , unless ofcourse Majid and Yvonne are no longer Ghanaian. I dont think Jackie can act well, just my opinion. Also, you have absolutely no right to tell me to "pipe down". I am expressing my opinion and doing so in a manner within the rules of this site. Thankyou.

Why would I be prejudiced when my boyfriend is a Ghanaian?

@Nayah, also please cut and paste the "harsh" comments you are referring to here. I suspect you just jumped on a runaway bandwagon, lol
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
gHANA STILL SUCKS THEY TEND TO OVER DO THINGS! WHILE ACTING
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2010
gHANA STILL SUCKS THEY TEND TO OVER DO THINGS! WHILE ACTING

The way you sound, someone would think that Nigerian Actors and Actress are far better than Hollywood stars not knowing that they are below both Bollywood and South African counterparts,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Ruq, you can't deny that there are a few Nigerian actors and actresses who overact also.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
omar22:

Ok who do you think the best African Actress is?
In ma humble and un-biased Opinion,
The contest should be between Genevieve, Ini Edo, Mercy Johnson, Rita Domnic and Nelson Yvonne( undecided Not so sure about this one though). cool
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
I KNOW WE HAVE ACTORS WHO OVER REACT TOO! BUT GHANIANS LOOK UP TO 9JIRIA SO THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T IMPROVE CUZ BOTH INDUSTRIES ARE WHACK!

I don't watch Nigerian films because they refuse to see they level of the current generation is higher than that of theirs As far as nigeria is concerned i don't think we have ever had a fictional film!!!!!!!!!

THE LITTLE I SEE ON AFRICA MAGIC IRRITATES ME BOTH GHANIAN AD NIGERIAN! TO ME THE BEST MOVIE PRODUCERS IN NIGERIA TO ME REMAINS "MAINFRAME" "OPOMULERO" THEY HAVE GOOD STORIES AND THEY DON'T JUST WRITE UP A STORY TODAY AND SHOOTING THE NEXT DAY!. AND YET NIGERIAN MOVIE DIRECTORS EXPECT AN OSCAR WITH THE TRASH THEY DO!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2010
In ma humble and un-biased Opinion,
The contest should be between Genevieve, Ini Edo, Mercy Johnson, Rita Domnic and Nelson Yvonne( Not so sure about this one though).

Would you say they are better than Chalize Theron?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
THE LITTLE I SEE ON AFRICA MAGIC IRRITATES ME BOTH GHANIAN AD NIGERIAN! TO ME THE BEST MOVIE PRODUCERS IN NIGERIA TO ME REMAINS "MAINFRAME" "OPOMULERO" THEY HAVE GOOD STORIES AND THEY DON'T JUST WRITE UP A STORY TODAY AND SHOOTING THE NEXT DAY!. AND YET NIGERIAN MOVIE DIRECTORS EXPECT AN OSCAR WITH THE TRASH THEY DO!

South African actors and actress are far better
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nakele(f): 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ MISSB, I AGREE WITH YOU, BUT I WANT TO MAKE AMMENDMENTS TO/ON UR LIST, INI SHOULD GET OUT OF THE LIST AND BE REPLACED BY STEPHANIE OKEREKE, AND I WANT TO ADD OMOSEXY ON THE LIST, THANK YA'LL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OJB Jezreel Discharged From Indian Hospital / 2face Idibia Celebrates His 48th Birthday Today / The Top Ten Nigeria Music Industry Legends Of The 20th/21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.