Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa (18282 Views)

Checkout Jackie Appiah's Controversial T-shirt That Got Fans Talking / Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
southafrica movies are so boring i swear to GOD i have not watched a southafrican movies in my life dont even know there celebrities name.tried watching totsi and i feel asleep woke up later the gad damn film was still playing i hissed and turned the frigging movie off since then i have never been intrested in their movies tru talk.bollywood is exciting but am tired of see mature old men and women singing all the gad damn time quite annoying i dont know used to like it before but now it feels kind of childish.only movie i watch apart from nolly wood is hollywood movies even though they still produce crap there movies are all exciting takes the edge off.then nollywood agree it is not the best but for me it is.love seeing our traditions culture lifestyle been told on screen i guess since am african livng in usa it takes me back .am so proud of them form the likes of gene omotola ramsey stellla kate patience pete clem bob jim so many of them, respect to nollywood respect to them their movies make me very very happy missing my families back home and grand parents in the village seen a lot in usa it is kind of getting boring cant wait to finish my education and come back home for now nollywood is my home thanks to these amazing stars and all of them who brought nollywood to my life my people i hail.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
Where is Lovistiv with those movie clips?

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2010
talking of movies, south africa doen'nt even come close. all they know how to do is shoot hate movies! angry
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
talking of movies, south africa doen'nt even come close. all they know how to do is shoot hate movies

SA movies, Comedies, soaps are far better,  and their shooting looks real compared to shooting through a window and the person dies but the window does not crack with they dont use palm oil or ketchup as blood,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by mooyguy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2010
The Award Best Actress in Africa not Best Actress in Nigeria. So if she is not a Nigerian and she has won th award as an african she deserve it.
tessybrown:

Stella OBJ IZ NOT DEAD@ http://ladieshood.waphall.com
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2010
omar22:

SA movies, Comedies, soaps are far better,  and their shooting looks real compared to shooting through a window and the person dies but the window does crack with they dont use palm oil or ketchup as blood,

abi oo theres alot of difference in thier movies to ours THEY TEEN STARS MOVIES FOR BABIES FICTIONAL MOVIES.

WE HAVE NONE OF THIS NOT EVEN A SUPERHERO MOVIE AND YET THEY ARE PROUD OF THE INDUSTRY. A INDUSTRY THAT COME UP WITH SAME STORY LINE SAME ACTORS.

OUR MOVIES ARE NOT ORGANIZED MOST OF THE ACTORS MEET FREQUENTLY ON  MOVIES THEY DON'T GIVE NEWCOMERS THE CHANCE. HARDLY WILL YOU SEE HOLLYWOOD MOVIES USE THE SAME ACTORS FOR DIFFERENT MOVIES WHEN ITS NOT SERIES. BUT HERE I TELL YOU I KNOW GENEVIEVE AND INI EDO OR OTHER ACTORS HAVE MET IN OVER FIFTEEN FILMS TOGETHER. AS IF THEY WE DON'T HAVE ACTORS!

JUST IMAGINE OUR FILMS HAVE PART 1-4 WHAT KIND OF MOVIE IS THAT ISN'T THAT STUPID?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2010
Like I said the industry does not want to grow, simple
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2010
omar,
your a funny chap! grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by K4: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
what the heck is this hate-mongering and downright denigrating because a ghanaian won one meaningless amaa award? i don’t have a problem with folks criticising the award going to jackie, but trust folks to go beserk at the mention of ghana. obviously it wouldn’t have been a big deal if a kenyan or a zambian had won,huh? ranting of ants, all sounds and fury, signifying nothing. what rubbish!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
k4, you've to cool it.

nobody is ranting against jackie. she deserves to win for sure.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2010
K4,

Every post here has been about opinions on Jackie, Perfect picture (film in question) or the movie industry in general. They are all related to the topic. No one has really  said anything about Ghana the country apart from maybe one person. Many people here have said thet feel Yvonne has been overlooked, she is Ghanaian the last time I checked.

Last year when a Nigerian won, many people also said they didn't think she deserved it.  It is you who is offended that some people dont think jackie deserved the award. You have taken offense to it, because she is from Ghana. Simple.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
Why can't You all move Your backsides away, if You don't find the thread or posts on it interesting? undecided angry Must You make noise or increase the number of 'senseless' posts on the thread? There are more than 4004838474 other threads to post on.

Jackie doesn't deserve the award, FULL STOP. She can be from Ghana, Nigeria or even Haiti.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2010
to omar22 what country are you from i think everyone on this thread would like to know.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2010
@dichana,
does it really matter? he's still entitled to his own opinion even if he's from the moon.  grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2010
George_D:

@dichana,
does it really matter?[b] he's still entitled to his own opinion [/b]anyway even if he's from the moon. grin
you should be telling him that as well. he seems to have a problem anytime someone's opinion differs from his.
and then he wants to argue like "wtf, why are you arguing with my opinion?!"
abeg!!!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2010
the amaka! your here again? grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2010
you should be telling him that as well. he seems to have a problem anytime someone's opinion differs from his.
and then he wants to argue like "wtf, why are you arguing with my opinion?!"
abeg!!!

kiss kiss kiss kiss Light moves faster than sound, people appear bright until they speak.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2010
omar22:

kiss kiss kiss kiss Light moves faster than sound, people appear bright until they speak.
awwww what a nice way to describe yourself!  tongue
still doesn't change the fact that YOU NEED TO LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OWN OPINIONS AND STOP ARGUING WITH THEM SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DON'T AGREE.
okay?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2010
awwww what a nice way to talk about yourself! Tongue
still doesn't change the fact that YOU NEED TO LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OWN OPINIONS AND STOP ARGUING WITH THEM SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DON'T AGREE.
okay?

cry cry cry cry
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 10:25am On Apr 25, 2010
to george d it matters because he is insulting nollywood movies i would like to know where he comes from so i can also know what,s good and bad about his country movies or is he ashamed of where he,s from.speak up omar22 . also you guys should pls advice ghanians to stop producing rubbish movies they have this shit movie called hot fork am not ghanian but am embarrased, people who dont even know about ghana actors or industry would think nollywood is associated with this shit go to ghanacelebities.com amd see what am talking about it is really disguting and they think that would take them to hollywood go there guys and tell me what you think.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2010
@dichana, it does not matter where Omar22 is from, neither do the rest of us care so speak for yourself only.He is entitled to his opinion like you are. If he decides to be anti-Nigerian films or pro Ghanaian films it is his own prerogative. He is not the only one here who has said they dont like Nollywood movies, so why take issue with him?

We dont have to like something just because it is Nigerian do we?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2010
dichana, amaka,

truth is nollywood still has a long way to go. the acting leaves much to be desired.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2010
to george d it matters because he is insulting nollywood movies i would like to know where he comes from so i can also know what,s good and bad about his country movies or is he ashamed of where he,s from.speak up omar22 . also you guys should pls advice ghanians to stop producing rubbish movies they have this poo movie called hot fork am not ghanian but am embarrased, people who dont even know about ghana actors or industry would think nollywood is associated with this poo go to ghanacelebities.com amd see what am talking about it is really disguting and they think that would take them to hollywood go there guys and tell me what you think.

Whats your problem? am Nigerian! does it matter! Am not pro nobody, I dont rate Nollywood movies and their actors and actress, is that a crime? so for me to not rate Nollywood what gives you the right to say that am pro ghanaian? all i said is that people couldnt hide their bitterness because a Gollywood actress won the top award in Africa instead of there beloved Nollywood stars, I try to argue the Jackie was voted the best, for the year,
doesnt meant she is better than the others, she won the award for the YEAR

At the Oscar Sandra Bullock was voted the best actress for the year but in reality she wont be in the top 20 actresses in the world, That was my arguement before some numpties started loosing their hair, its got nothing to do with Shame, The music industry is an industry am proud of because they pushed the boat out and competed but the movie industry sucks, I have an Indian neighbour who occassionally watches the Nollywood movies on sky, his comments were the idea is great but storyline and acting needs updated, so dont come here and speak as if we live in the middle-east, i have the right to have an opinion and put it on NL,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2010
omar,
you've to cool it. spewing all this bile over here does no one any good.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2010
Apparantly Jackie has caused some controversy in Ghana. She is said to have granted interviews very quickly to magazines and media houses when she returned. She claimed to have been given the award alone and gave no credit to the other two actresses who won alongside her on the same award. Their agent is not happy at all. Thats wrong of Jackie Appiah though. The other two actresses are reported to have taken her actions well though, good on them.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by kech(f): 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2010

[size=15pt]Lydia Forson and Naa Ashorkor reply Jackie[/size]

Actresses Lydia Forson and Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku have finally made a public reaction to the weeklong misconception created by fellow actress, Jackie Appiah about the winner (or winners) of the Best Actress In Lead Role Award at the just ended African Movie Academy Award (AMAA).

According to them, even though they see the deliberate attempt by some people to discredit them of the hard-won award, they would rather leave everything to God than jump over the roof.

Lydia and Naa's management headed by Habiba Nelson, on Wednesday told NEWS-ONE that the two actresses are not perturbed about what Jackie has gone to tell any media house.

“We are not bothered about everything that happened,” she simply said, adding however that the truth can never be submerged by any man, and hoped the good within the entertainment fraternity would be the better judges over the sad development.

Habiba, sounding very composed over what people see as 'Jackie's gaff', said she would rather let sleeping dogs lie. To her, the most important thing is that AMAA had come out to clear the air.

“The truth always speaks for itself. Three people won. My clients, Miss Forson and Miss Mensah Doku are happy and we are grateful to God for winning. That's all that matters to us,” she added.

It is recalled that at the historic AMA Awards in Bayelsa State, Nigeria, Saturday April 10, three people were named as winners for their lead role in Sparrow Production's Perfect Picture.

However hours after the team returned to Ghana, Jackie quickly rushed to a section of the Ghanaian media, including a state-owned print media house, and granted interviews implying that she singlehandedly won the award. She repeated the claims even on television.

Her action has incurred the wrath of observers, many of who think that she was not only sounding selfish and individualist, but also misleading.

Birds have indeed whispered to News-One that the AMAA organizers intimated during the awards that the controversial award was made possible through the invaluable acting prowess of Lydia and Naa in the Perfect Picture Movie.

AMAA representatives in Ghana had to come out to clear the mess, through a prompt press statement.

The statement, dated 20th April, 2010, categorically gave out Ghana's six award specifications as follows:

AMAA achievement in sound- I sing of a well AMAA achievement in costume- I sing of a well (Mabel Germain)

Best original soundtrack - (Adablah) Best performance by an actor in a supporting role- Adjetey Annang

Best performance by an actress in a leading role – Naa Ashorkor Mensah Doku, Lydia Forson and Jackie Appiah

Best director – Shirley Frimpong Manso Ghana also got the most coveted awards of the jury award for Best Movie by I sing of a well and a lifetime achievement award to King Ampaw.

Ms. Judith Oluwole Kuwornu, AMAA representative in Ghana, told this paper that only one plaque was presented that day at the event because the jury released the names of the winners to the committee just 20 minutes to the commencement of the event, for which reason it was impossible to instantly do other plaques.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=180613#

I said it earlier that if anyone deserved this award, it was Lydia Forson ONLY! I can bet that they felt the need to compensate Jackie and there was NO WAY they couldn't have given Lydia an award. So guess what the solution was? Give a joint award!!.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2010
a joint award like a joint ticket to come and 'eat'?  grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2010
She claimed to have been given the award alone and gave no credit to the other two actresses who won alongside her on the same award.

@Londoner, not all winners congratulate the other nominees, but its not a must she/he should acknowledge them, its by choice!!!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2010
@Omar22, she made out as if she won it alone. You saw what the publicist of the other girls wrote. Surely, as a professional and as a member of a team who was appreciated you agknowledge your collegues. They were not "other Nominees" Omar, they were joint winners. The award was given to ALL three JOINTLY. Its like winning a 4x4 metres gold medal, you agnkowledge that it was a joint effort. She is clearly trying to be a diva and snubbed them. It was rude and unprofessional.

She should have agknowledged them, yes she should have. I didn't say she had to congratulate them Omar22.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 11:51pm On Apr 25, 2010
to omar22 who called you a pro ghanian or are you delusional just asked where you came since you blab too much.and i dont care if you like nollywood movies or not everyone has a right to their opinions well since you are nigerian i would look into your critisisim of nollywood movies but that does not mean i accept it though.by the way nollywood movies are better than southafrican movies.yes i said it,what,s so great about southafrican movies anyway when the rest of africans dont even know the name of their celebrities.if a industry is great people would definitely acknowlege the celebs just in hollywood britians india and nollywood.the likes of gene omo rita .angelina aish halle they are all known. but southafrica celebs dont even know the name of one single celebrities and that's the truth.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 6:17am On Apr 26, 2010
to george d it matters because he is insulting nollywood movies

i would like to know where he comes from so i can also know what,s good and bad about his country movies

also you guys should pls advice ghanians to stop producing rubbish movies they have this poo movie called hot fork am not ghanian but am embarrased,

I guess  you need a memory jog,   

gene omo rita .angelina aish halle they are all known

WHAT ha ha ha ha ha ha , Gene and Halle Berry in one sentence!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  Shin your eyes sharp sharp

@Londoner!!! sorry I didnt know that they were joint winners,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 11:37am On Apr 26, 2010
omar,
now that you know they were joint winners, please re-adjust your mind-set sharp, sharp! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OJB Jezreel Discharged From Indian Hospital / 2face Idibia Celebrates His 48th Birthday Today / The Top Ten Nigeria Music Industry Legends Of The 20th/21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.