Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,265 members, 7,860,611 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:18 PM

Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" (63766 Views)

Davido: If I Work In My Father's Company, I Will Become A Billionaire In Dollars / Nigerian Actor Femi Ogedengbe Now Works As Security Guard In America / Charly Boy Reacts To Donald Trump’s “Shithole” Remark (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Obi4gboy: 11:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
Bros you are actually not correct. I work as a security guard in Canada I also work part time as a lot attendant. After taxes and my bills I still take home an equivalent of one million naira a month. And mind you,
only my car monthly payment is 800 dollars a month, my rent is 750 dollars my other bills are about 300 dollars. I used to earn 400k in Nigeria working as a Shell Contract Staff
Eking:

Shut up.. That's low income in the USA.. U talk like he is spending Naira.. I don't like how u guys convert dollar to Naira and start blind comparisons

6 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by deji17: 11:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
Obi4gboy:

Obi, which kind security work and lot attendant you dey do, wey dey give you $3,500 / month after tax and bills? You sure say your bills include payment for accommodation and car? $72k per year doing security work?

1 Like

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by IgboBasthard: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
Chuksgeo:
Op I was flowing with you until you mentioned "Pat Utomi"

As far as I am concerned he ain't gonna do more than a shithole. That guy is a coward and brainless talkative.

In fact he is a clown!

I love you, I love you, I love you.

I just don't know why people think the corrupt, crossed-eyed talkative albino can be the president of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Obi4gboy: 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
My brother, I work 14 hours a day, 6 days a week for security, 5 days a week for lot attendant. My sixth day is over time pay. Trust me when I tell you before tax and my bills, my pay from both jobs is 6300 Canadian dollars a month. After tax and my bills, I have just over 4000 dollars. Canadian dollars to naira is 282 to 1 naira. I worked in Shell for 5 years as contract staff, nothing much to show. In less than 2 years in Canada ,
I am already building an event center in Owerri. Trust me, if you are hard working, you will Excel here. And also, I am doing this even as a masters degree holder.
deji17:

Obi, which kind security work and lot attendant you dey do, wey dey give you $3,500 / month after tax and bills? You sure say your bills include payment for accommodation and car? $72k per year doing security work?

10 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Originalsly: 11:52pm On Feb 05, 2018
ositadima1:

You can spend as low as $1000 for one person, this will include rent and utilities, public transportation and feeding.
Forget utilities and public transportation....where in the USA can someone rent a place for $1000/year?
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by deji17: 12:05am On Feb 06, 2018
Obi4gboy:
My brother, I work 14 hours a day, 6 days a week for security, 5 days a week for lot attendant. My sixth day is over time pay. Trust me when I tell you before tax and my bills, my pay from both jobs is 6300 Canadian dollars a month. After tax and my bills, I have just over 4000 dollars. Canadian dollars to naira is 282 to 1 naira. I worked in Shell for 5 years as contract staff, nothing much to show. In less than 2 years in Canada ,
I am already building an event center in Owerri. Trust me, if you are hard working, you will Excel here. And also, I am doing this even as a masters degree holder.

Obi, you are most likely right. That is why I was able to project your earning to $72k per year, because I understand how the system works. But you are putting in a lot of hours every week, which may also affect the quality of life. Don't get me wrong o, there is dignity in labour and again hard work is not likely to kill.
It depends on where you have your Masters, you may also get a supervisory, technical or management job with it. Some Nigerians also goes for training in other fields like Nursing etc.
God bless your hustle.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2018
holluwai:
Security guard who gets $12/hour

Gets about 50hrs a week

50x12 = $600/ week

$2400/month

$2400x360= 864,000 Naira

People should try and get sense. I never added overtime or a second job.
what of tax ,but in room na 900 dollar u might earn up with only 200 dollar u need more sense
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by princecemo(m): 12:15am On Feb 06, 2018
Fact, Femi Ogbedemgbe 10gbosa for u. Naija indeed a shit hole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by poseidon12: 12:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Tekecoms1:
How did we get here? If a gatekeeper in USA can be boasting about his job equalling the salary of a well educated highly ranked employee in Nigeria.

Don't get carried away. In the USA, by American standard, a security guard actually makes close to minimum wage. You can hardly get by with the salary of a security guard.

1 Like

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:20am On Feb 06, 2018
Well said my name sake I am 100pc in support of what you said, the right time has come to change all this thieves so call politicians
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Madisonsqua(m): 12:24am On Feb 06, 2018
People are blinded by poverty...if u ever find ur way out of Naija legally to any OECD country , u will understand what's happening in Nigeria, I don't know much about Politics but if splitting Nigeria is the way forward, please let's do because. The labour of our heroes past are already in VAIN...The prime minister of the country I live in at the moment is a 38 year old lady....not even married yet.

I miss Nigeria, if I'm to make a video myself, I will lament and sounds frustrated. This is not because of my situation here. But because I av seen how life is meant to be, real government...and how much damage has been done to Nigeria...The distance between the rich and poor in Nigeria is unimaginable.....here as an ordinary hustler, I can afford to eat,play and attend events with the rich...this will never happen in Nigeria....I eat the same bread and drink the same milk as the rich here.

I av never seen any police holding a gun publicly or military oppressing or abusing ordinary citizens....life is valued

I support this guy...I have no doubt he will do 10x better in the US as a security than a movie producer in Nigeria...and even apart from money, nothing can be compare with the quality of life u get from living in a sane community where life is valued more than diamonds.

Once u leave Nigeria, u will know life is not all about money....If that guy die today, the kids have a secured future, they are safe...

Im not in the US but Working as ordinary site labourer here, u will get an average of $45k after tax and u will even get more once u have more experience.... that's 12M in Naija...even if u are cursed u will save 3M naira plus a secured future,good retirement plan and good quality of life....the community works with u and support u rather than competing with u as they do in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by poseidon12: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2018
ositadima1:

An average security guard makes 27000 dollars a year in the usa, that is over 9 million naira , how much do you make in a year with your degree here in Nigeria?

Not to put the guy down, as I believe there is dignity in labor. However, in the US, with that salary of $27,000, you cannot pay for a decent accommodation or feed well, especially if you have family.
And that $27,000 would probably be earned in the part of the US with high cost of living.
I don't envy the guy at all. You can tell that he is frustrated.
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:37am On Feb 06, 2018
Reading all these comments from people trying to c9nvince themselves that Nigeria is the best thing after slice bread is just pathetic

I don't live in America but i can give you guys some perspective using Australia. A security guard in Australia earns 35 dollars an hour (base no weekend rates included) at 36 hours per week

That is 5040 a month assume tax of 1000, rent at 1700, feeding and running cost at 1700 (over exaggerating) , he takes home $1600 per month.

Of course, no one lives in a 1700 apartment by themselves, if you are single you share the bill with a friend. If you are married you share with your partner

Lastly to give you more perspective, an engineer with 3 years experience in Australia earns about 70k per annum, a security guard earns about 60k per annum.

Hence why everyone can afford a new car, phones, laptops etc. How many Nigerians in 160million can afford to buy ordinary iPhone?

Go figure...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by resurgentxtian4: 12:40am On Feb 06, 2018
jaymichael:
The police issued statements stating that some suspects have been arrested an arraigned in court.
http://opera.pulse.ng/news/local/benue-police-arrest-24-suspects-charge-19-for-attacks-id7921977.html
Be informed about what goes on in your country before comparing it to others.

You are an hausa Fulani shill so your submissions are not credible and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Madisonsqua:
People are blinded by poverty...if u ever find ur way out of Naija legally to any OECD country , u will understand what's happening in Nigeria, I don't know much about Politics but if splitting Nigeria is the way forward, please let's do because. The labour of our heroes past are already in VAIN...The prime minister of the country I live in at the moment is a 38 year old lady....not even married yet.

I miss Nigeria, if I'm to make a video myself, I will lament and sounds frustrated. This is not because of my situation here. But because I av seen how life is meant to be, real government...and how much damage has been done to Nigeria...The distance between the rich and poor in Nigeria is unimaginable.....here as an ordinary hustler, I can afford to eat,play and attend events with the rich...this will never happen in Nigeria....I eat the same bread and drink the same milk as the rich here.

I av never seen any police holding a gun publicly or military oppressing or abusing ordinary citizens....life is valued

I support this guy...I have no doubt he will do 10x better in the US as a security than a movie producer in Nigeria...and even apart from money, nothing can be compare with the quality of life u get from living in a sane community where life is valued more than diamonds.

Once u leave Nigeria, u will know life is not all about money....If that guy die today, the kids have a secured future, they are safe...

Im not in the US but Working as ordinary site labourer here, u will get an average of $45k after tax and u will even get more once u have more experience.... that's 12M in Naija...even if u are cursed u will save 3M naira plus a secured future,good retirement plan and good quality of life....the community works with u and support u rather than competing with u as they do in Nigeria.

You are in New Zealand

2 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by resurgentxtian4: 12:42am On Feb 06, 2018
poseidon12:

Not to put the guy down, as I believe there is dignity in labor. However, in the US, with that salary of $27,000, you cannot pay for a decent accommodation or feed well, especially if you have family.
And that $27,000 would probably be earned in the part of the US with high cost of living.

Stop consoling yourself. The man is most definitely doing better than you in Nigeria. Only fools will believe you and have hope in this nation.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Madisonsqua(m): 12:44am On Feb 06, 2018
poseidon12:

Why won't any reasonable person be frustrated?? U wok hard in ur own country where u can easily be a celeb or whatever but some greedy leaders chose to live above the law and form Godfathers why the citizens pay dearly for their greediness...with my B.Sc in Nigeria, I earn 40k a month in Nigeria. Now do u think i would even think about marriage if I'm still in Nigeria and my situation doesn't change. But a smaller country that has no natural source of wealth, but chose to do the right thing and place the law above everybody here gave me an opportunity to make at least 300k savings monthly. Without any qualifications.
So why won't u be frustrated that even ur siblings and family back don't have a secured future.... safety is not guaranteed... killing of human like mosquitoes and a useless illiterate president says nothing...that's his frustration not money

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by resurgentxtian4: 12:47am On Feb 06, 2018
codedgalaxy:
Anybody calling 9ja a shithole country should be examined mentally. Complainers everywhere. you that is complaining what have you done for your country nigeria.(a wise man once said if condition no change,me go change condition.)
Proudly9ja#

Get out of here you demented deceiver. You only seek to weaken the resolve of our innocent youth who seek to leave this nation for the very people who have destroyed it. I doubt if your type will ever agree to return to Nigeria if given the opportunity to travel out of this nation but you can conveniently lie on social media to deceive the undiscerning that Nigeria still has hope. Misery loves company and always seek to obfuscate the facts of any given situation to lull others to suffer the same fate.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by ohem007(m): 12:50am On Feb 06, 2018
Mtchewww baba dey there dey spill trash...

Dey there dey wait for goverment to help your ministry....

No go hustle for outside

wizkid started from surulere with nothing now he is counting bar...

Anyways download my song @
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/c44881ca
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by resurgentxtian4: 12:52am On Feb 06, 2018
terrezo2002:
This guy will do worse as a leader the way I am looking at him.
What he said about the leaders is true, but he should call abuse Nigeria as a whole.
Nigeria can be great the citizens engage in acts of sacrifice. Make sure you do your best to make locality a good place to live. Those who run to other countries are cowards and have no right to abuse the country.

You must have been denied a visa to the west so your only hopes lies in suffering in Nigeria. A friend of mine who travelled to the US in January now harbors nothing but hate for Nigeria and he is always calling to swear for Nigerian leaders.

If you know what is good for you and your family, you will be saving and planning to emigrate out of this sh!thole. The only reason you feign hope for this country is because you do not have the resources to emigrate (same for millions of your ilk in Nigeria). Face the truth and do what has to be done for the future of your family.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by codedgalaxy: 1:03am On Feb 06, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Get out of here you demented deceiver. You only seek to weaken the resolve of our innocent youth who seek to leave this nation for the very people who have destroyed it. I doubt if your type will ever agree to return to Nigeria if given the opportunity to travel out of this nation but you can conveniently lie on social media to deceive the undiscerning that Nigeria still has hope. Misery loves company and always seek to obfuscate the facts of any given situation to lull others to suffer the same fate.
one complainant spotted.bro i am not in any misery .and i love my country is that a sin.i can see you are bitter and fustrated ,calm down find a glass of water and chill.for your fustrated mind "no place like home".meanwhile come back and talk to me when you have something to offer this country.
P.s=> u and thomas edison who senior?
Proudly9ja#
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by resurgentxtian4: 1:06am On Feb 06, 2018
codedgalaxy:
one complainant spotted.bro i am not in any misery .and i love my country is that a sin.i can see you are bitter and fustrated ,calm down find a glass of water and chill.for your fustrated mind "no place like home".meanwhile come back and talk to me when you have something to offer this country.
P.s=> u and thomas edison who senior?
Proudly9ja#

You love your country? Is your father a minister or politician? If not, you are wearing the garment of poverty, slavery and despondency but you don’t know it.

1 Like

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Madisonsqua(m): 1:18am On Feb 06, 2018
GeneralShepherd:
Reading all these comments from people trying to c9nvince themselves that Nigeria is the best thing after slice bread is just pathetic

I don't live in America but i can give you guys some perspective using Australia. A security guard in Australia earns 35 dollars an hour (base no weekend rates included) at 36 hours per week

That is 5040 a month assume tax of 1000, rent at 1700, feeding and running cost at 1700 (over exaggerating) , he takes home $1600 per month.

Of course, no one lives in a 1700 apartment by themselves, if you are single you share the bill with a friend. If you are married you share with your partner

Lastly to give you more perspective, an engineer with 3 years experience in Australia earns about 70k per annum, a security guard earns about 60k per annum.

Hence why everyone can afford a new car, phones, laptops etc. How many Nigerians in 160million can afford to buy ordinary iPhone?

Go figure...
you completely right.... even going home u are scared....no security whatsoever... living in penury, suffering and smiling and they believe it's alright.
Nothing in this world justify the hardships and hunger in that country with so much resources....

1 Like

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by codedgalaxy: 1:20am On Feb 06, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

You love your country? Is your father a minister or politician? If not, you are wearing the garment of poverty, slavery and despondency but you don’t know it.
ha ha ha haaaa!!!
I laugh at your ignorance.
Get a life and stop looking for means to vent your fustration on social media,my son.
P.s=> future sucide bomber spotted.
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by koolaid87: 1:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Frenchfriez:
I can feel the pain and frustration but read between the lines, you would get the story.
I can't for the life of me , be a second class citizen anywhere in the world. No matter the benefits.
I'd rather be a local champion in my country than be subservient in another man's country. Forget the talk about 'stooping to conquer', there is what is called self esteem.

Nah, you can't feel his frustration nor walk in his shoes..

Watching your kids eating crumbs in the morning , and still Don't know what they gon eat in evening. Living with depression and frustration at the same time. That's unimaginable, if you have kids, you'll know.

You're living subserviently already in a shithoe that values cow more than human lives

Now he's over there and could help his families outta shithoe to get a decent life and you call that "subservient"

Damn!

You're definitely a local champion with self esteem grin

6 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by MENTORCH(m): 1:32am On Feb 06, 2018
ndy87:

Donald Duke is a very strict man ooo. Hope Nigeria will be able to cope. Give contract and inspects at midnight if u no do proper work Na bulldozer you go see for sight d next morning. Then he go give another coy again. Wunna go gree?

It's better we have a strict leader that has ideas, unlike Buhari that is strict and has no idea or anyway to move the country forward. Ambode moved Lagos forward even with the recession, Buhari isn't a good president to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by tapperguy: 1:49am On Feb 06, 2018
I understand the guy's view.Naija will make you useless and depressed. After my NYSC,frustration engulfed me as no job was forthcoming.Was fortunate to get a visa to Canada.The truth is my first job in Canada was in a warehouse (got d job in less than a month of applying,had like 2 offers but chose this) but I cared less because I was getting paid every 2 weeks.I was been paid 15.50/hour back then (over 5 years ago now).its a low wage job according to Canadian standard.After tax,it's like approximately 1k biweekly(I did not do a 2nd job,another person would have). I was not making 100 naira in a month in Naija before I left even with my undergrad degree.
If you ask me if I would do it again:my job in the warehouse earning 15.50 an hour or submitting resume everywhere in Lagos and Ibadan,hoping for jobs that don't exist.I will tell u...i will do it a thousand times again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Streamsyjd(f): 1:51am On Feb 06, 2018
Yes

TourismMan:

Are you in Canada?
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Omudia11: 2:03am On Feb 06, 2018
Travel out and get exposed. Security doesn't necessarily mean gate man. And even if he was,
how is that relevant to the topic of discussion?
Millz404:
Oga forget that story... U be gate man

2 Likes

Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by Omudia11: 2:09am On Feb 06, 2018
If you wanna come to dubai message me.
TourismMan:
How do I facilitate my migration to anywhere, I mean anywhere apart from this shithole country?
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by ubox: 2:34am On Feb 06, 2018
rafabenitez:
I agree totally with this man,with all my heart,body and soul.i just pity our youths.wish dey can even go just outside this shithole and knw wat life is.i prefer to be in jail in U S A,than to be free in Nigeria.
Think again, it's not by mouth bro, don't be deceived by movies
Re: Femi Ogedengbe: "I Work As Security Guard In US, Nigeria Is Shithole Country" by centboy123456(m): 3:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Explorers:

Exactly....A colleague that left months ago called last week and said, This country is a Hell.

Explores so u leave in Nigeria I think say na US u dey stay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Actresses That Regretted Their Tattoos ( Photos ) / Fire Engulfs Burna Boy's Range Rover Autobiography Along Lekki-Epe Expressway / Bobrisky Gets Accosted By Locals In Dubai (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.