Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? (3310 Views)

Any JDBC Guru In The House?? / I'm A Guru In Visual Basic / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by modpluz(m): 5:58am On Dec 27, 2005
i was wondering do we have any VB guru in the house.i'm priveledge to know bits about VB and i will like people with VB questions to ask in this thread and also hoping that this thread will grow fast.

anyway VB Programming isn't the only thing i do, i also do Web/Graphics Designing, Web Programming(ASP/VBSCRIPT), Web Marketing, SEO, Copyrighting, and few bits more.

so please if you have any questions about the above outlined field, pls ask

Thanks
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by Isma(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2005
well, i also know visual basic and I have come across a lot of glitches since I started using vb. But I would like to know if you know about the WINSOCK reconnection error. I've written a couple of Server-Client programs. When the server abruptly disconnects and comes back on ( grin NEPA!) the clients have problems reconnecting. I would appreciate any help I could get
cool Isma
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by DeepThough: 1:39am On Dec 29, 2005
I used to work as a programmer and was fairly good at VB.

I once wrote an email application much like hotmail e.t.c and I used the winsock component.Whatever you do, don't use pop ups. I had problems when I used pop-ups (dialog boxes) to receive feedback and input information. It freezes up/blocks the connection/communication between the local machine and the serves.

I don't program anymore. Haven't done so in over two years so I'm not much good anymore. Still, I hope that helped.
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by smartsoft(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2005
Well i don't know much men... but i bet i did my own NotePad.. so Mostly i use my Own NotePad i develop.. to write my PHP Codes... (lol )
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by modpluz(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2005
Isma, well... you see that's presently a general bug with the winsock control (i.e you cannot do that with the winsock control).
but i promise anytime i find a shortcut/clue on how to cheat the winsock control, i'll hit you.

Thanks
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by OmoOlooto(m): 5:10am On Dec 31, 2005
Try a third-party control, instead of winstock. What ver VB ?
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by modpluz(m): 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2005
you know i think the third party software(s) you were talking about actually originated and have something to do with winsock(one way or the other).so you see how tasking that would be and moreover this question have been asked a lot of times over the internet, still with no solution.

i guess you will have to accept the winsock control and all of its flaws or simply 4get about using it.
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by 2nde(m): 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2006
VB is a very good program if you have a very good knowledge. I have developed some stuffs with it.
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by Isma(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2006
Well thanks all,  smiley but apparently there's no clean way out of my problem.
I'm going to try and get the Server to close and reload the socket the client was using when it went down and do the same for the client.
by the way, Omo Olooto, it's VB6.

And on another note, who knows how to detect (using vb of course!) when a print job has been sent locally and when a download has been initiated. 
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by dakmanzero(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2006
::
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by modpluz(m): 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2006
@isma

And on another note, who knows how to detect (using vb of course!) when a print job has been sent locally and when a download has been initiated

i don't have a clue on that yet but u might try using the Close Window By Caption Module(what most developers use - even those who develops cybercafe timers)

Declare Function PostMessage Lib "user32" Alias "PostMessageA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal lParam As Long) As Long
Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32.dll" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As Any, ByVal lpWindowName As Any) As Long
Const WM_CLOSE = &H10
Const WM_DESTROY = &H2

Public sub CloseWindowByCaption(Caption As String)
dim hParent as long
    hParent = FindWindow(vbNullString, Caption)
    If hParent <> 0 Then 'close it

PostMessage hParent, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0
        PostMessage hParent, WM_DESTROY, 0, 0
    End If

End sub

and on your form you insert a timer object(it looks like a stopwatch in the IDE)

then in the form code(for print)

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
Call CloseWindowByCaption("Print"wink
End Sub

or for(download)

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
Call CloseWindowByCaption("File Download"wink
End Sub

what that does is that anytime the timer finds a window with the caption 'Print' or 'File Download'(without the quotes) it closes it automatically
you can also use that with some other windows(i.e. its not bound to the Print/Download Caption alone).

i hope it helps.
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by Isma(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2006
actually I'm not building up a cyber cafe software but breaking it down. I like to see how much of a program I can replicate without seeing the codes. the codes provided above do just what the software does, what I want is to be able to detect a download, reroute it and scan it with an antivirus and THEN send the file back to the intended destination.
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by africanboy(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2006
I program with VB, now moving 2 VBNET2005, shouldt there b a category 4 d languages instead of just a thread, i dont have d patience 2 scroll thru all d pages.

And some1 tell d webmaster to *please* activate a "quick post" reply. Having to load another page for posting a reply makes d browsing "wonky"

tongue
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by HNENRI(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2006
hi all am very good in vb if u need any type of vbcode you can call on me cus i have designed some many softwares 4 some niger company one of them is now used in a NPPC & others used in some college.
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by HNENRI(m): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2006
this post will intrest those cyber cafe operators that are still using some brwosing clint software of any type to time their costomers it will be of ur own intrest to stop the use of those fake softwares cus i have made some vbcodes that can increase the time limit of those timing software and even tell me the admin password not only that xpose ur transaction ticket database and can also shout down ur server from a remote pc in ur ca'fe so my advice to u all is to used just a wall clock timer (i know u may say is a lie that it can't work on ur own timing software cus is the best) yea is the best cus you have someone like me browsing in ur ca'fe take my advice now cus i have seen some good programmers guys like me doing that and i alway feel sorry 2 the ca'fe management and i alway go and info them.
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by HNENRI(m): 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2006
[color=#990000][/color]my follow nigerian get a nice Visual basic source code from me every month that will improve your Visual Basic programming free pf charge
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by HNENRI(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2006
[color=#990000][/color][b]my follow nigerian get a nice Visual basic source code from me every month that will improve your Visual Basic programming, free of charge but don't pirate or comply my codes to your software of sales  [/b]thax!
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by HNENRI(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2006
learn to implement a graphical menu style in your applications that will be able to prononce & speak your menus on click, to your software users and also be able to play a desired music and finally wishing your a nice day as you exit program. "Use your senses Rule d World"

Click on Download To download
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by HNENRI(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2006
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENT TELEVISION (HENZ I A TV)

this my coming soon vbcode will intrest you and also teach u alot of things about robots
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by jotechng(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2006
pls can you help me in developing client/server program. say for a simple sales retailer. thank you. i will also be glade to have some vb 6.0 site that i can learn from quickly. thank you
Joe
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by HNENRI(m): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2006
[size=18pt]i Need a little bit detail on how you want the simple sales retailer programe to look like[/size]
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by Zule(m): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2006
africanboy:

I program with VB, now moving 2 VBNET2005, shouldt there b a category 4 d languages instead of just a thread, i don't have d patience 2 scroll through all d pages.

And someone tell d webmaster to *please* activate a "quick post" reply. Having to load another page for posting a reply makes d browsing "wonky"

tongue
First, I would start with giving Kudos to the one that put of this Topic but what i want to say is that it is high time there b different category or Topic for the various versions of Vb
I mean
1)commercial software developer in VB should start a Topic
2)Game programmers in VB start there own topic
3).net Programmer should start there own topic
4) and so on,
rather than dumping all of them there in one Topic
What do u guys Suggets?
Finaly, Before i 4get Kudos to Segun the site Adminstrator,
Re: Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? by gadoonline(m): 10:00am On Nov 02, 2011
Nice idea @zule

(1) (Reply)

Programming Competition In Nigeria / Java Tutorials For Beginners (some Lectures In Pidgin) / New And Hot: Lithium Battery Level Indicator With Arduino And LCD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.