Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) (21149 Views)

My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) / Greenfield University School Fees (Photos) / Deeper Life High School Fees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Rockyrascal(m): 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ontarget:
The want quality education but can't afford to pay more.
for Target cheesy
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by timwudz(m): 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
AAUITES should learn from this.. make Akeredolu no project school fees go 300k .... we even dey on Holiday strike.. I know that most y'all never heard before but FYI. AAUA is currently going through HOLIDAY STRIKE

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by mordecai11(m): 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
These days you nor fit try this one for uniport. You go jus lose your studentship in extreme cases your life
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Absuchat(m): 2:06pm On Feb 06, 2018
After buying iPhone x, you can't pay ordinary school fees... I pity your SUG president.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Futurecrown(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2018
mordecai11:
These days you nor fit try this one for uniport. You go jus lose your studentship in extreme cases your life
The present NANS President is a Student of UNIBEN and I think that speaks much volume about the Studentocracy there.....Just my opinion.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Gr8amechi: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2018
Alejoas:
Education is not cheap and....

Quality education is expensive.......

I strongly believe govt should subsidize skills acquisition training as much as they have done for the failing education sector over the years

A more skilled workforce will engineer a more prosperous nation!
why come public and say things you don't know, maybe you just about USA and UK. There are lots of countries in Europe that have full tuition fee free schools, the Google is your friend try equip yourself with information, our system has failed and that's the reason Nigeria is like this, why do you have a government if they can't manage the resources of the nation to provide basic amenities for her citizens. Should we talk about health care or what?? What actually is the Nigerian government doing for her people, even in countries like USA though their fees are high but the is a system you can still school under government loan, sorry to burst your head almost all the so called professors we have now schooled under scholarships and even with government feeding but now they keep embezzling and come up to state that money is not enough. It's very insane to ask someone to pay schools for which after he graduated he can never get a job that even in 3 months can make his tuition fee

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
The new VC is flexing his muscles.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by KushLyon(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2018
NANS shutdown Uniben despite the warning of the Senate for students not to protest.....but those guys get power sha, they just entered the lecture hall, the lecturer just saw them coming from far, he was like "The philosophy surrounding ths......(sees NANS coming).... We will continue from there tomorrow"....e just sofri follow back door....NANS entered, chased everyone out and proceeded to locking down the lecture hall, telling everyone to go home
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by KushLyon(m): 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
mordecai11:

NANS took up the fight on behalf of uniben students.....uniben can't exactly expel NANS excos coz most of them aren't even going to the school......they are dealing with the full student body now grin sug na just branch office
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by KushLyon(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
Absuchat:
After buying iPhone x, you can't pay ordinary school fees... I pity your SUG president.

he is not fighting for himself, he is fighting on behalf of the entire students.....that's what a true leader does, after leading the fight, he ended up being rusticated
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Nelsizzy(m): 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ontarget:
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Nelsizzy(m): 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ontarget:
So that explains why the school fees should be increased by over 250% and hostel fees by over 200% in just a semester without any justified reason. Reason before you talk next time undecided
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Nelsizzy(m): 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2018
Absuchat:
This is just disappointing and sad
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by bezimo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
Oh my Alma mata...
When I left there over 8 years ago..I remember paying something around 7k as school fees one of the cheapest in the SS region..I often wonder how that fees for over 30000 students can run the University.
Off course like they say if education is expensive try ignorance. So I laugh when they say church built school should be cheap also..and I am like only if they knew the cost of running it....
Is the increase justified...maybe yes..maybe not..but ehn. Education is expensive!!
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by michoim(m): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
Johnnyessence:
how will Nigeria university be the best in Africa when there are still series of protests and series of strikes. it is restructuring that can help us restructure our Education sector. not the dullard that doesn't have knowledge on how to run our education system.
Mumu like you, do you remember how many times schools went on strikes under the so called PhD holder GEJ when he was in power?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by asksteve(m): 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
Alejoas:

I strongly believe govt should subsidize skills acquisition training as much as they have done for the failing education sector over the years

Tuition fee need not be high and education need not be expensive, if the system is productive.
The problem is our Universities are not productive, hence cannot attract investments from companies that would have hitherto turned to them for solution to diverse problems they encounter in their business, hence the govt n students are meant to bear the burden.
The universities are meant to help solve the problems of society but here they further create problems for the society they are meant to help by turning out untrained, half baked, cheats & corrupt graduands with battered ego, no thanks to some lecturers that believe nobody can pass on merit.
Some lecturers after their PhD, research no further which is why u see same lecture note without any addition being used for more than 20yrs , How can this Prof., Dr., etc. be relevant to his society after 5 - 10yrs of which new techniques would have evolved as they deliver obsolete lectures.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by einsteinclub: 3:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
From my own point of view this VC is the worst so far. Check the roads in the school presently becoming in a deplorable state. Not to talk of hostel. So ruSticating students on a peaceful protest is now. The order of the day this yeye vc. Has nting in his portfolios presently. He was a vc at usen poly before that's нσω they complained he is here again in uniben. Playing politics with the school. See нσω he tempered their calendar is presently. What a useless vice chancellor..... May God have mercy on him.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Lovexme(m): 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lilimax:
UNIBEN, my alma mata undecided

It's becoming a shadow of itself.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
michoim:

Mumu like you, do you remember how many times schools went on strikes under the so called PhD holder GEJ when he was in power?
but the same Ph.D holder Gej created more schools and even equipped them to standard. if the same Ph.D holder Gej didn't built some universities in the states that doesn't have, I guess the clueless dullard president buhari will never lay any foundation of any university .he's a big thief and failure to be our president. he failed his country and his party. well next year is around the corner. so we will all see how he will survive his defeat by the opposition party.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by mordecai11(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=KushLyon post=64838699]

NANS took up the fight on behalf of uniben students.....uniben can't exactly expel NANS excos coz most of them aren't even going to the school......they are dealing with the full student body now grin sug na just branch office[quote]
Oh,thanks for the info. I had no idea
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by ELgordo(m): 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ovoko! ...... greatest uniben!
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by nellyelitz(m): 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
Cultists den
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by linearity: 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
Alejoas:

Increased doesn’t necessarily means increase quality....Nigeria public universities has been increasing fees for over some decades now, but the quality of Education and students’ living conditions keep going down.

I agree that nominal increase is necessary to keep up with inflation, but these increases out space inflationary percentages and they largely go into the pockets of a few within the school administration.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by JAWBONE(m): 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2018
See as ETF don't ugly..... building wey make sense that time
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Tunks2017(m): 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2018
Why is price of everything increasing angry
Food stuff, school fees, car documents, rent, toll fee, tax, fuel, etc angry

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nelsizzy:
So that explains why the school fees should be increased by over 250% and hostel fees by over 200% in just a semester without any justified reason. Reason before you talk next time undecided
You should be the one to reason before talking. You guys should rather list improvements that MUST be made using the additional revenue generated from the increase. If the improvement is not made after paying the increased fees then you will all have a good reason to burn the school down in prostest.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Nelsizzy(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ontarget:

You should be the one to reason before talking. You guys should rather list improvements that MUST be made using the additional revenue generated from the increase. If the improvement is not made after paying the increased fees then you will all have a good reason to burn the school down in prostest.
So you believe a management that didn't dialogue with students before the increments will work on a list prepared by students, how myopic of you? Nobody is saying the fees can't be increased from time to time. How will Uniben make an increment of over 200% and you are here spewing thrash. If you don't have anything sensible to say, just keep mute.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nelsizzy:
So you believe a management that didn't dialogue with students before the increments will work on a list prepared by students, how myopic of you? Nobody is saying the fees can't be increased from time to time. How will Uniben make an increment of over 200% and you are here spewing thrash. If you don't have anything sensible to say, just keep mute.
If you guys want the quality of your education to improve then accept the fee increment and table your list of demands of improvement which must be implemented. BUT if you feel you can't pay the new fees then accept the quality of education you payed for and never complain of your poor standard of education anymore.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Restructuring would stop corruption?
grin
of course restructuring will reduced corruption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking / Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department / 500-L LASU Student Stabbed To Death, Police Use Teargas On Protesting Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.