Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped (736 Views)

1xbet I’m Not Receiving SMS During A Withdrawal. What Can I Do? / Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by etiosa97(m): 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
Good day everyone. I had some spare money with me last year and I decided to use it for something lucrative since I wont be needing it for the now. I decided to buy a car, a Toyota camry(pencil light) with a view to giving it out to someone reliable to venture into these Taxi/cab business and get get in return on a daily or weekly basics. But i was advised by my aunt not to buy it because she felt it’s not lucrative and because its gonna be a daily or weekly pay, she felt the operator might misuse the car. She then advise me to buy a bus( direct Belgium) and find someone reliable to give it to as “balance and carry go”. The price tag of the bus which she told me was 1.450m, And I had to pay another 70k for side mirror, seat and tire replacement plus plate number. Then she looked for someone ( a friend of her husband) and handed it over to him and right there in our living room he agreed to pay 20k weekly and balanced 2.250m in 2 years and some months. Few days ago A friend of mine told me that I was being duped and that the man was supposed to pay x2 of the initial amount of the vehicle which is 3m.
Although he said he will be the one to fix it whenever the car has any issues
Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by Equal2DeTask(m): 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
sad

So what do you want us to do na

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by braimeddy: 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
As long as he's paying you the weekly stipend, u re not being duped. U guys came to an agreement, that's business. Since he will be the one servicing the bus, I think it's fare enough. I won't advice you to listen to your friend. Just follow your heart.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by samuel19222(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
omo oloja
Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by funkazelik(m): 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2018
u pple should mind what u mention in this room as dupe & fraud, you invested and you know your partner in fact a family friend and his paying you, what is dupe about that now...you have to give good reasons if you need help and not create unnecessary awareness. or you just want to tell us yove bought a bus..and you are been paid weekly 20k...thats better than nothing.
Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by Yinxies(f): 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=funkazelik post=64839001]u pple should mind what u mention in this room as dupe & fraud, you invested and you know your partner in fact a family friend and his paying you, what is dupe about that now...you have to give good reasons if you need help and not create unnecessary awareness. or you just want to tell us yove bought a bus..and you are been paid weekly 20k...thats better than nothing.[/quote
Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by agarawu23(m): 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2018
Bad and worst investment If you can't drive the bus yourself. I lost over 2m in 2014 trying to make profit with transportation.

You can mark my words, he won't complete that money. They will start fresh by paying and after some months, u will start hearing story.

You are right on the capital multiple of the price u purchase the bus but u won't even get your capital talk less of profit. No be swear, na reality especially if the man is a family man; na beg and story u go dey hear sooner or later.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by fergieboy: 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
Better collect that bus and be riding it yourself

Rest of mind

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by theo1477(m): 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2018
Duped or cheated or under paid which word is ideal for this thread? Modify . You did not thank your aunt at all
Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by id4sho(m): 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
etiosa97:
Good day everyone. I had some spare money with me last year and I decided to use it for something lucrative since I wont be needing it for the now. I decided to buy a car, a Toyota camry(pencil light) with a view to giving it out to someone reliable to venture into these Taxi/cab business and get get in return on a daily or weekly basics. But i was advised by my aunt not to buy it because she felt it’s not lucrative and because its gonna be a daily or weekly pay, she felt the operator might misuse the car. She then advise me to buy a bus( direct Belgium) and find someone reliable to give it to as “balance and carry go”. The price tag of the bus which she told me was 1.450m, And I had to pay another 70k for side mirror, seat and tire replacement plus plate number. Then she looked for someone ( a friend of her husband) and handed it over to him and right there in our living room he agreed to pay 20k weekly and balanced 2.250m in 2 years and some months. Few days ago A friend of mine told me that I was being duped and that the man was supposed to pay x2 of the initial amount of the vehicle which is 3m.
Re: Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped by id4sho(m): 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
etiosa97:
Nice One, first thing first. Sign an agreement backed by a lawyer that
-if he fails to realize weekly returns (select a week day unfailingly) , u are taking your vehicle back
-he will fuel and maintain the vehicle
-he should bring two guarantors
-any breach in payments, the vehicle will be collected and all accrued monies will be yours.
-visit his business place frequently

Be firm and strict that he adheres to the rules . Your sister or her husband should not interfere when the going gets tough and rough.Ask about hire purchase in your Area. My 5cents

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected / Celebrating An ICON, Tope Akinola In A Grand Style / Which Telecom Service Provider Has The Best Customer Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.