Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) (38122 Views)

Northern Green Anaconda: World Biggest Snake Discovered In The Amazon Rainforest / Microsoft Offers $100,000 For Azure Sphere OS Hack / Why The Earth Is Not Spinning, Or A Sphere. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by kenevision(m): 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ishilove:

They are on Nairaland cussing one another's ethnicity and lineage.

cheesy cheesy

Why won't they 'cuss' when Nairaland keeps feeding us junk stories of boobs, butts and Gucci? Instead of sharpening our minds with ideas and stories that inspire creativity in us.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
Meanwhile Nigerians are still debating tithes......
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by macaranta(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
Exciting place to work
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Sagay212: 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
when you see things like this, then you begin to understand that Oyinbo people nor be our mate. God definitely did not create us equally.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by internetpo(m): 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Luadable project but For me. I dont know if this will improve company productivity and income or just waste of resources.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Olalekank(m): 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
Gentle034:
This is lovely. Technology beautified. Am looking forward to the day our own African Youths would be able to achieve something like this or perhaps more bigger than this.

Watch out for me, I'm 18 BTW

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by FearNot365(m): 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
ooooh boy! the true expression of the power of quality thinking and the possibility of anything imagined.

I cry within me for how far backward we have gone as a result of ethnicity, tribalism and religious diversity.
Why will this man not excel when all he thinks is how his employees will enjoy a good life at work? But here, na how d employee's blood go even make employer get mor money without being paid.
We have a long way to run up in Africa as we strive to catch up with the rest of the world.
God help us mennnnnnnnnn!
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Olumaeme: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
Gentle034:
This is lovely. Technology beautified. Am looking forward to the day our own African Youths would be able to achieve something like this or perhaps more bigger than this.

They are busy chasing politicians for PA

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
Rainmania:
And you think he doesn't?? Btw what way have you contributed to the world at large. And don't ask me what I have done, just this morning I gave Abdullahi #500.

It's a wasteful expenditure, does absolutely nothing for mankind. Not hating in him,nor am I saying he hasn't contributed to maknkind or anything, just my opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nonnyflex:

Honesty I hate pessimistic characters... The will surely see a fault in everything the hardly appreciate and when the do you will still hear BUT... Please appreciate beautiful things

I do appreciate beautiful things but at the same time I do look at its worth relative to other things. To me, it's a wasteful expenditure.

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by lawman88(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
Why am I born to African continent? Especially Nigeria? Just too bad
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by ladygudhead(f): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
it look like i've seen this place in a movie before now. abi?
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nonnyflex(m): 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chrysaetos:

I do appreciate beautiful things but at the same time I do look at its worth relative to other things. To me, it's a wasteful expenditure.
You look as such a beautiful thing that can shape the future of the world and call it wasteful... Well I understand one thing pessimistic people hardly listen to voice of reason.. Carry on..
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nonnyflex:

You look as such a beautiful thing that can shape the future of the world and call it wasteful... Well I understand one thing pessimistic people hardly listen to voice of reason.. Carry on..

You have been casting aspersion so that I forcefully accede to your opinion. None of this matters to mankind as much as everyone turning to God. All of this is bloody irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by cotzywitzy(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
Imagine Look a the coven of their own Witches and Wizards. I high Time our own us their power to do something better and stop using it to destroy destinies...

Make dem no reason me na joke ooo
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by ensamy(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
Every thing under the sun, there is a time to build and a time to destroy.
Such a beautiful structure but one day a generation of people will look at it as being obsolete and then pull it down. The season to build such a beautiful structure is here but the other season will come cool shocked
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by cotzywitzy(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
Imagine Look at the coven of their own Witches and Wizards. I high Time our own us their power to do something better and stop using it to destroy destinies...

Make dem no reason me na joke ooo
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nonnyflex(m): 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chrysaetos:

You have been casting aspersion so that I forcefully accede to your opinion. None of this matters to mankind as much as everyone turning to God. All of this is bloody irrelevant.
Thank God that there are varieties of people if everyone thought like u we will still be in Stone age... I am not asking you to agree with me cause everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.. That someone after helping people all over the world decides to build something wonderful for the future and all u can say is that it's a waste that he should use it to help people.... Well it's ur opinion but one thing is sure... I won't reply u again on this issue
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chrysaetos:
I rather put that money to the lives of homeless kids in the eastern region of Africa or war torn countries. Makes more sense to me.

I'm sure there are vulnerable kids around you now, get your sanctimonious arse out of here.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
UBGG:

I'm sure there are vulnerable kids around you now, get your sanctimonious arse out of here.

Madam, how is that samctimonious? I am saying its a wasteful project, nothing about it is worth it in the true sense relative to other more important things.

As a matter of fact, I do plan to own an orphanage home once I come upon the resources and the means to do so. No matter how rich, I don't see the need to invest in projects such as these.

Plus who are you to tell me where and what no to post? Were you forced to quote me?

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nonnyflex:

Thank God that there are varieties of people if everyone thought like u we will still be in Stone age... I am not asking you to agree with me cause everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.. That someone after helping people all over the world decides to build something wonderful for the future and all u can say is that it's a waste that he should use it to help people.... Well it's ur opinion but one thing is sure... I won't reply u again on this issue

Perhaps because I have heard the Maker speaking of himself through a vessel. Thus, I know what matters and what doesn't. I say to you, what matters most is the lives we can impact today for the better not the future no human on earth can guarantee or predict what will come.

Whether stone age or not, it will all return to nothing. What matters is the lives we have impacted upon not what we own or built.

2 Likes

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by bullofafrica: 3:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
while in Nigeria someone will siphon billion of dollars without doing anything with it.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Inferiority complex, in addition to primordial sentiments, is at the roots of Africa's backwardness. We all know that success occurs when preparation by a risk-taker meets an opportunity. But these success stories are made possible by a certain way of thinking. The Americans patronize and buy from their own. This is why in every industry in America, you'll see atleast one rags-to-riches story. In China and even in Russia it is the same. People support and patronize businesses owned by their own people, not the ones owned by foreigners or people of other races.

But in Nigeria, how many startups do we buy from and support? Look at Innoson Motors for example. Nigerians don't want to buy Innoson because he is an Igbo man. They say the cars are not good, which is rubbish. Pure rubbish! American cars (Ford, GM, Chrysler) were very bad prior to the late 90s or early 2000s. But Americans supported their car makers and the U.S government patronized them. Police cars and most government vehicles in the U.S are all American cars and without this support some of the car-makers would cease to exist today. The American President rides in a GM vehicle, not mercedes benz or toyota like our dumb-ass leaders who cannot think.

Besides, if we don't buy from Innoson and give him the money to invest in R & D, how is he going to get better? By now, every government institution in Nigeria should be buying and using Innoson Motors, so that we help the brand to innovate and get better. But why aren't we buying Innoson? Ethnic biases and inferiority complex is the reason. Ofcourse, we want cars made by white-skinned people, because we view things made by fellow blacks as inferior.

If a web app like Amazon or Facebook pops up in Nigeria, won't we still use the ones in America because we have all concluded that we are inferior and our things are inferior? This "IF IT IS NOT WHITE IT IS NOT RIGHT" syndrome must stop now! It is time we support our locally made products, instead of the white mans', so that we can also create the Jeff Bezos, the Mark Zuckerbergs, and the Jack Mas of Nigeria.

GOING FORWARD, I CHALLENGE NIGERIANS TO IDENTIFY ONE BUSINESS FROM EVERY INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA. AND THEN, LET OUR 150 MILLION+ PEOPLE BUY FROM AND PATRONIZE THOSE BUSINESSES.

Gentle034:

It's quite Embarrassing how we allow ethnicity, religion and political sentiments divide our believe system. Gone are the days when those things matters, we no longer live in primordial society, I don't know how to tell dis to our youths (Ipob, Arewa, O.P.C), that development is what is in vogue not primitive sentiments.

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Gentle034(m): 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
Olalekank:

Watch out for me, I'm 18 BTW
I am watching in 3d, hope you won't fall my hand.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Ray07(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
Feraz:
Hmmm! If na for here, na plenty concrete you go see everywhere. Honestly, I wonder why many persons do not like having enough natural lighting in the homes; I mean, it makes the house look beautiful.

At this point, I will be waiting for that of Microsoft.
nigeria architecture designz sucks . . .
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by uzoronwusa: 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
luv of money is the root of all evil and not money itself.dnt get it twisted.
Vince77:
If money is really the root of all evil then i love all evil.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by newslifeop: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Truth234(m): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
Raindrops1:
Baba God, i'm tired of thinking....how can one man be this rich? the 40billion topping the #440billion will remove me and my family from all our financial problems..

Life is hard already, to make things even worst, i ended up in a hell country sad sad

Well, this is my first comment in nairaland....i'm sorry for the complain intro...

In every generation, there is an era of change, the known one in Nigeria was in the early 80s, it gave birth to present billionaires. However, for Jeff Bezos it was globalization, dot com bubble of the 90s. But it wasn't a smooth ride, what people don't know is that mere 5 companies survived dot-com bubble when it busted, amazon was lucky because it had raised more than $600 million a month before the 2000 crash. Hence, when the crash happened there was enough fund to sustain operation for awhile, even though Amazon shares plunged from over $100 to $6.

But we are in another ere of change now, for developed nations its race for data, huge data. For us, its innovation, just like Jeff was one of the first few people to see the potential of ecommerce, even when people like Bill Gates said its not going to work. Nigerian youths must channel their creativity towards change, economic productivity, and enhance standard of living to live like Jeff Bezos. Money is just a reward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
Yeah I know you are right was just teasing . For a man worth over $100 billion, he is known to be unusually stingy. He is the only one among the the world top five billionaires that hasn't signed Warren Buffet's giving pledge and his charitable contributions is paled next to Bill Gates.

Even his staffs gets a taste of his uncharitable nature, low level staffs in Amazon work under the worst condition for a big IT firm.

It definitely adds to the beauty of Seattle and all but does absolutely nothing for mankind. I agree with you.

Chrysaetos:

It's a wasteful expenditure, does absolutely nothing for mankind. Not hating in him,nor am I saying he hasn't contributed to maknkind or anything, just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
Rainmania:
Yeah I know you are right was just teasing . For a man worth over $100 billion, he is known to be unusually stingy. He is the only one among the the world top five billionaires that hasn't signed Warren Buffet's giving pledge and his charitable contributions is paled next to Bill Gates.

Even his staffs gets a taste of his uncharitable nature, low level staffs in Amazon work under the worst condition for a big IT firm.

It definitely adds to the beauty of Seattle and all but does absolutely nothing for mankind. I agree with you.

I didn't even know this about the man before I said what I said.

Glad we agree on something.

Cc ubgg
Cc nonnyflex

2 Likes

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by dupesolamary: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nice one Explorer. I hope you are a stakeholder in Nairaland, otherwise i guess you should open a website to post all this lovely information of yours.
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Olalekank(m): 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2018
lawman88:
Why am I born to African continent? Especially Nigeria? Just too bad
My brother, it's not about why you are born into this continent but rather what you can do by being in this continent. People from here in Nigeria also have rags to riches story but they had to work hard for it.

I agree that if you were born in a better part of Europe or US, you have a higher chance of success but still, make use of the little resources you have now!

#Peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kelvin Doe, Sierra Leonean Who Built His Own Radio Station At The Age Of 13 / Uniben Student Builds Touchless Phone From Scratch / Common Birds In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.