Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For (7056 Views)

Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / Why You Are Where You Are And May Remain There Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by runto: 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
I have seen so many people ,especially women working in an unhealthy environment and remain there for years without retracing their steps. Despite the salary is nothing to compare with the stress of the work. A situation where their boss calls them irresponsible ,idiot and all sort of foul language
..or is it Juju that is working....? shocked[color=#770077][/color]
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by emilyone(f): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
They remain there for years because they have no other alternative or they could be under the influence of black magic aka juju, aka African remote control. Juju might be possible specially in a situation where the boss is living Large and the workers have little or nothing to show for the long years of hard work, diligence and loyalty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by femidejulius(m): 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2018
People don't leave because they have no other alternative and have several commitments.If they are sure of a better job ,they will leave.

Will you rather leave a job because the boss abuses you and become jobless with no money for feeding, payment of bills and risk of being sent out of rented apartment into the street?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by BruncleZuma: 7:18am On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin

It's because Nigeria and the labour market is acidic.

16 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by soberdrunk(m): 7:19am On Feb 07, 2018
...........because they are allergic to hunger angry

5 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by Drbest99(m): 7:21am On Feb 07, 2018
Hmm
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by rigarmortis: 7:22am On Feb 07, 2018
In these times, if you paste something like........ corrosive atmosphere, work here at your own peril, graduates with masters and PhD will fall over themselves to apply. So how do you expect people to leave? Really......what's the option? Aregbesola eight months without pay?

14 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by AishaBuhari: 7:23am On Feb 07, 2018
Work Hard To Get These Days Mentality - Reason Why Majority Hardly Quit Their Jobs

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by hopefulLandlord: 7:25am On Feb 07, 2018
It could be cuz they're very passionate about not starving to death

12 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by Anijay1212(m): 7:29am On Feb 07, 2018
angry
My brother how would they leave when a better alternative is not there.
My brother man must wack or die trying.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by gbaskiboy: 7:30am On Feb 07, 2018
They pass through a lot of hardship before they get the job, losing it might mean losing their source of livelihood and jungle is very tight my dear brother. who will pay their bills including house rent? They will rather endure working in harsh environment until opportunity comes

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 07, 2018
its not just women and its not just workplace, its all about staying in a corrosive relationship, the victims dont know they re in one, or dont know how to get out or dont have the means to.
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by ednut1(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2018
Because hunger bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by MChaze25(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2018
Its the mindset...

I prefer to work on myself for those years than give it up to any substandard organization not worthy of my creative acumen.

Finally I gain more...

I remember a top banker in a big company asking someone what he does for a living?

Dude worked on himself for 13 years as a C.E.O, went thru thick and thin. Suffered and got his shit together. Rose up and became a gold mine of wealth.

Leave the women. Ask the men this damn question

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by neonly: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari cause am grin
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by J2381: 7:36am On Feb 07, 2018
runto:
I have seen so many people ,especially women working in an unhealthy environment and remain there for years without retracing their steps. Despite the salary is nothing to compare with the stress of the work. A situation where their boss calls them irresponsible ,idiot and all sort of foul language
There's no job in Nigeria. People know this. If they lose the one they have, there's no guarantee they'll get another one. Most nigerian employers know this, that's why they act like assholes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by sunbbo(m): 7:38am On Feb 07, 2018
In the absence of good, bad is better than worst.

Apply For Sansvid M. International Entry Level Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

Sansvid M. International - Established in 2009, Sansvid M. International has partnered with international organizations and institutions to add value to many professionals, develop effective project teams that will tailor and deliver quality solutions that bring about the desired change in an organization. Sansvid M. International Entry Level Job Recruitment (10 Positions) as follows;

1.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Delta)

Click Here To View Details

2.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Edo)

3.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Sagamu)

4.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Osun)

5.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Ondo)

6.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Ekiti)

7.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Kwara)

8.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Abeokuta)

9.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Oyo)

10.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Ijebu Ode)

Application Closing Date: 1st July, 2018.

Source: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2018/02/05/sanvid-m-international-entry-level-job-recruitment/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by TerrorSquad147: 7:38am On Feb 07, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

It's because Nigeria and the labour market is acidic.
uncle Zuma grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry grin grin angry grin grin
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by BruncleZuma: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2018
TerrorSquad147:
uncle Zuma grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry grin grin angry grin grin
Na'am
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by Emmy3(m): 7:50am On Feb 07, 2018
Shay them dey use touch dey fine generator...

Staying idle posses more harm....

Nairalanders, please help a brother in need.
View the topic below for more info.
https://www.nairaland.com/4331505/urgent-need-personal-business-loan
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by tk4rd: 7:52am On Feb 07, 2018
I dey come
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2018
When the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable, so that is why they just can't leave.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by femi4: 8:05am On Feb 07, 2018
emilyone:
They remain there for years because they have no other alternative or they could be under the influence of black magic aka juju, aka African remote control. Juju might be possible specially in a situation where the boss is living Large and the workers have little or nothing to show for the long years of hard work, diligence and loyalty.
The value of N1000 does not change irrespective of the abuse. When you have so many dependants and no planb, you just have to stay put
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by otswag(m): 8:05am On Feb 07, 2018
Hmnnn! Let me think. Maybe its because starvation and poverty kills more people than insults. Nobody will prefer to stick with a frustrating job if there's a better alternative.
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by Vivuch: 8:06am On Feb 07, 2018
The labour market in this country is shit, especially all these private "one man business" ,they are evil, How can someone work from 8 to 6 at the end you pay that person peanut salary, is that not modern slavery? Nigeria labour congress is not doing their job. Shithole country!!!

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by Dhotseal(m): 8:25am On Feb 07, 2018
emilyone:

One thing experience has taught me is that everyone has options and alternatives but people fear the unknown. So they would rather settle for a toxic work environment than take a leap of faith.

See, once u don't have a clear and well delineated standard below which you will not sink, circumstances notwithstanding, you would accept about anything.

A job is what it is- a job. It is not your life. You can do without it and should always strive to better yourself .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by MsFaith: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2018
Dhotseal:

One thing experience has taught me is that everyone has options and alternatives but people fear the unknown. So they would rather settle for a toxic work environment than take a leap of faith.

See, once u don't have a clear and well delineated standard below which you will not sink, circumstances notwithstanding, you would accept about anything.

A job is what it is- a job. It is not your life. You can do without it and should always strive to better yourself .

Exactly. I will give you my testimony later
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by homenje73: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2018
runto:

It is obvious that you are a Child by asking this question
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by nnamdibig(m): 9:25am On Feb 07, 2018
People stay in corrosive job because non corrosive jobs are not available.
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by OhiOfIhima: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2018
My brother is not juju oo. Their reason includes tins like...
Some of them are married wit more dan one kid n afraid of putting deir family on a gamble lane.
Some doesn't have more dan primary or secondary school certificate, if they chose to resigned, how would dey search for a new jobs.
Some, age are not on their side also cater for deir immediate familys.
Also d situation of d country is enough to be afraid, even graduate is finding it difficult to get a place now later alone of people who doesn't attained dat level of education. Those are among d reason d chronic boss capitalize on to humiliate their surbodinate. May the Almighty Allah help us.... Dis country is a mess, infact a deep shithole.
Re: I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For by profmallor: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2018
They are there for just one reason - Fear. Fear of believing and accepting you have no choice, and that you should be even grateful you have a job. I reject such for my life in Jesus name. There is always a better life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ubon Udoh Appointed MD Of The Abdul Samad Rabiu Initiative's Africa Fund / Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will / Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.