Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars (821 Views)

Elon Musk's Plans To Take Futuristic Noah's Ark To Mars ( Pics) / China's Mission To Mars 2021: Unveils Spacecraft, Vehicles And Mock Base (Pics) / Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by Nobody: 4:14am On Feb 07, 2018
@Naijachiefwhip

Elon Musk Fires World's most powerful rocket and a Tesla Roadster To Mars.

SpaceX's Falcon Heavy megarocket has finally blasted off from the launchpad at Cape Canaveral, carrying Elon Musk's cherry red Tesla Roadster on a journey to Mars.

Today's successful launch marked the maiden flight of what's now the most powerful operational rocket in the world.

Just over three minutes into the launch, the side boosters detached from the rocket and launch operators confirmed it was on the right trajectory.

The journey to Mars orbit will take about six months, with the module and the attached Roadster traversing roughly 140 million miles (225 million kilometres).

Now that the rocket and its payload have successfully made it through the ascent – a critical stage in which Musk himself has admitted it risked blowing up – the SpaceX boss says the sports car ‘will be in deep space for a billion years.’

A view inside the Roadster after today's launch showed one last look at the dummy, dubbed Starman, behind the wheel on its journey to Mars.

http://www.naijachiefwhip.com/2018/02/elon-musk-fires-worlds-powerful-rocket-tesla-roadster-mars.html

Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 07, 2018
Good
Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by beewhy009(m): 4:32am On Feb 07, 2018
When I read news like this, I weep for Nigeria
Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by thesicilian: 4:42am On Feb 07, 2018
beewhy009:
When I read news like this, I weep for Nigeria
Weep for yourself. Elon Musk is not a government official, he's just an individual like you and me.
Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by khalhokage(m): 5:44am On Feb 07, 2018
1st car in space, awesome Tesla marketing plus great heavy payload test for SpaceX
Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by Brendaniel: 7:01am On Feb 07, 2018
thesicilian:

Weep for yourself. Elon Musk is not a government official, he's just an individual like you and me.

Yes he is, but he has an easy going enabling environment powered and supported by the government, he may not receive funds but then the government has his backing with all the necessary information and license to successfully achieve this.

But here what do we have? An insensitive government, Do you know how many talents have been eroded because of the type of government we have? My brother it is enough to weep for this nation...

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by beewhy009(m): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2018
thesicilian:

And do we have an enabling environment to think about achieving sth like this besides the thoughts of how to survive, Fulani herdsmen, a business to do so as to live comfortably and host of other mundane stuffs ds nation has put us to. If there wasn't an effective working system in place, wld that have bn d next thoughts of Elon Musk?

Lots of Nigerians are scattered over the world achieving their dreams and breaking boundaries cuz their was a working system for them to do that.

If you can't think in that direction, you should have simply asked for more info instead of weeping all around.
Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by beewhy009(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2018
Brendaniel:

Yes he is, but he has an easy going enabling environment powered and supported by the government, he may not receive funds but then the government has his backing with all the necessary information and license to successfully achieve this.

But here what do we have? An insensitive government, Do you know how many talents have been eroded because of the type of government we have? My brother it is enough to weep for this nation...

God bless you bro
Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by thesicilian: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2018
Brendaniel:

I agree with this bro, no one can deny the multiplier effect of an enabling environment on both personal and corporate success. But there's still a lot we can do here that we have not started.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by Lonewolf98: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2018
this is what reach people do with money, they break grounds not all these people with ill gotten wealth we have here that the only thing they invest on are useless hotels.
Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by Brendaniel: 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
thesicilian:

I agree with this bro, no one can deny the multiplier effect of an enabling environment on both personal and corporate success. But there's still a lot we can do here that we have not started.

Yes, a lot...

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars by Konquest: 11:39am On Feb 08, 2018
Logosclose:
@Naijachiefwhip

Elon Musk Fires World's most powerful rocket and a Tesla Roadster To Mars.

SpaceX's Falcon Heavy megarocket has finally blasted off from the launchpad at Cape Canaveral, carrying Elon Musk's cherry red Tesla Roadster on a journey to Mars.

Today's successful launch marked the maiden flight of what's now the most powerful operational rocket in the world.

Just over three minutes into the launch, the side boosters detached from the rocket and launch operators confirmed it was on the right trajectory.

The journey to Mars orbit will take about six months, with the module and the attached Roadster traversing roughly 140 million miles (225 million kilometres).

Now that the rocket and its payload have successfully made it through the ascent – a critical stage in which Musk himself has admitted it risked blowing up – the SpaceX boss says the sports car ‘will be in deep space for a billion years.’

A view inside the Roadster after today's launch showed one last look at the dummy, dubbed Starman, behind the wheel on its journey to Mars.

http://www.naijachiefwhip.com/2018/02/elon-musk-fires-worlds-powerful-rocket-tesla-roadster-mars.html
^^^^^

(1) (Reply)

Big Snake Killed In Our Farm Today.. / What Is A Yahoo Verification Code And How To Log Into Yahoo Without Using It? / For Lasuite On This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.