Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos (55203 Views)

Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery / How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) / 22 Signs To Watch Out For When Using A Gas Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Timothyoj(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:
I'm very worried about this topic. How is a phone able to ignite a gas cylinder? Practically everyone should be dead by now.
Obedience is better and sacrifice, please adhere strictly to that advice cos I have seen gas accident burning a husband and the wife which eventually claimed the wife's life and while the husband was badly burnt. DO NOT GO NEAR GAS WITH YOUR PHONE SIMPLE........!
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by DrGaius(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:
I'm very worried about this topic. How is a phone able to ignite a gas cylinder? Practically everyone should be dead by now.

It is actually not possible. The radio wave from a cell phone is too small to ignite a gas cylinder. Its definitely static charge.

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by carinmom(f): 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
nanizle:
It is unlikely that the phone was the source of ignition (except if the phone defective).

It may have been static electricity or some other source.

The myth of a mobile phones causing ignition has been debunked many times. Do a bit of research on it.

Hmmm, I think I received not less than ten WhatsApp messages warning us to be careful with phones around gas cylinder, there was even a post about a family that were burnt because a bulb was switched on in the kitchen while the gas cylinder was leaking, I normally regard such posts with a pinch of salt because I believe such claims have not been scientifically proven.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Vivuch: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Please stop using camp gas, that thing is a disaster.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by dsimple1(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
prinsam30:
I don't think there's a research to that effect....

phone making gas cylinder to cause an explosion, I don't think so, something somewhere must have triggered the explosion

OP and u also concluded that using phone torch light to refuel a generator can also cause an explosion, that one I no go gree lai lai, have been doing that since I bought my GEN about 9yrs ago.

Na just devils work that's all

Doing that for 9yrs does not mean its the right thing to do... Afterall fuel stations disallows making calls inside the station
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Iwillnotjump: 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
Timothyoj:

Obedience is better and sacrifice, please adhere strictly to that advice cos I have seen gas accident burning a husband and the wife which eventually claimed the wife's life and while the husband was badly burnt. DO NOT GO NEAR GAS WITH YOUR PHONE SIMPLE........!

Everyone literally goes to the kitchen with their phone
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by iswallker(m): 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
How are u damsel?

Mr stalker...

Wehdone sire....

wink
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
I think say una no like western education....shebi it is haram, now you wanna use gas to cook, and phone to communicate
Western education fights back........religion of fulani terrorism
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Matdaniel(m): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
May God have mercy, I always use my Tecno L9+ tourch to fuel my Gen every night.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Matdaniel(m): 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
prinsam30:

phone making gas cylinder to cause an explosion, I don't think so, something somewhere must have triggered the explosion

OP and u also concluded that using phone torch light to refuel a generator can also cause an explosion, that one I no go gree lai lai, have been doing that since I bought my GEN about 9yrs ago.

Brother, Obedience is better than sacrifice
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by symbianDON(m): 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:
i tire o! most people don't know that the real culprit is static electricity and not text messages or calls coming into your phone. by the way, how did the man know a text message 'entered' his phone at the same moment the explosion took place?....i mean, the explosion must have taken place so spontaneously and instantaneously for him to have registered the reception of the text message in his head!!

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Graphene(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
i wish to express my condolence first and also state that its highly impossible for a mobile phone to ignite a gas. if it were so then all our oil rigs would be exploding daily since radio waves are a major source of communication offshore. As insinuated earlier, static charges might have caused the explosion.
It is quite imperative to note that resolving a gas leak should never be done indoors. once your gas leaks, take it outside.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by prinsam30: 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Matdaniel:

Brother, Obedience is better than sacrifice

thanks
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by prinsam30: 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
dsimple1:

Doing that for 9yrs does not mean its the right thing to do... Afterall fuel stations disallows making calls inside the station

it's a precaution but not necessarily harmful
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by prinsam30: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
femi4:
Kontinu, you ll soon be a statistic

thank u
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by mechanics(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
Noted, I wish her and her family members speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Diso60090(m): 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
wokemzine:

Look at this image again & in your mind, picture your loved ones in such a situation.

And say nice oranges again.

Was wrong with the picture you get problem with oranges
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
What's your reason?
Cos it's efficient and keeps your kitchen clean. If you see the way most Nigerians use gas cylinders, you wouldn't be surprised by the number of gas explosions every year.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by nanizle(m): 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
chikeze:

Hmm..are u sure? Then why are phones not allowed to be used close to fuel pump in filling stations? undecided

Yes I'm sure.

If it were true, we would be experiencing much more filling station fire incidents.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
Onnasucs1:
I have been using my phone near my Gas ooo. shocked

Lol
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
dainformant:
A lady identified as Funmi Adewola, has taken to Facebook to warn Nigerians to be careful when using mobile phone near gas cylinder. The warning is coming after a horrific explosion which happened in her house recently in Lagos. According to her, the gas cylinder was leaking in the kitchen as she and her other relatives tried to fix the burner before it exploded after a message came into the phone.

Read her story below;

PHONE IGNITING GAS IS REAL, BE WARNED!

At about 1:30pm on Sunday 20th January, 2018 I was chatting on my phone in the sitting room in my house when I heard an hissing sound. On investigation it was my wife's niece and my Niece's daughter in the kitchen trying to fix burner onto a camp gas cylinder.

When the leaking persist the wife came from the room to help them fix the burner. I kept hearing the hissing sound of the leaking gas so I stood up with my phone in my hand and went into the kitchen to give a helping hand and luckily we were able to stop the lickage but already the kitchen was charged with the gas.

I warned them not to strike matches yet because the gas is much in the kitchen, at that moment a message came into my phone which was on vibration and the next I heard was was the explosion which threw all of us in different direction with different magnitude of burns as you can see in the picture.

I posted this to warn us all to be careful with phone when using gas.

May almighty Allah heal my family."

My view:

If you use gas to cook, please make it a habit never to go into your kitchen with a phone.

No call or message is worth your life, if you need to use your phone light to see, please put it on flight mode.

Same goes to those who use their phone light to refuel their generator.

May Nigeria Succeed...

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/family-burnt-using-phone-near-gas-cylinder-home-lagos-photos.html

Nigeria bloggers n creating useless baseless n false storie.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by nanizle(m): 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
carinmom:

Hmmm, I think I received not less than ten WhatsApp messages warning us to be careful with phones around gas cylinder, there was even a post about a family that were burnt because a bulb was switched on in the kitchen while the gas cylinder was leaking, I normally regard such posts with a pinch of salt because I believe such claims have not been scientifically proven.

A lot of fake news and misleading information is circulated via WhatsApp. I always advice people to research themselves. It's very easy to verify or debunk information these days.

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
It was 2015, So i was high on Codeine and suddenly realised hey, my gas cooker has an oven and i got some fresh frozen chicken. So my friend and I thought it a good idea to feast on some roasted chicken. So there I went, bent over, pulled down the oven cover, turned in the gas, flicked my lighter..........

Next I remembered I was thrown across the kitchen landing on my back....my friend was already at the gate of my house, unfortunate we couldn't even find the gate key. Lucky for us it was just an explosion without fire. If the gas cylinder was in the kitchen it would have been a different story.

KEEP YOUR GAS CYLINDERS FAR AWAY FROM YOUR KITCHEN FOR PETE'S SAKE !!!!
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Throwback: 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
ajoyeleke:
My mum tells me dis every time am in d kitchen

Immediately she come from office now na anoda sermon ooo grin grin

I hope your mum will not waste her hard earned money treating a stubborn child who craved for agony.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by SURElee(f): 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
Not only phones in kitchen, gas cylinders ahould be outside.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Nowenuse: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
prinsam30:

The fact that you have been doing it and getting away with it does not make you right.
Why do you think usage of mobile phones are prohibited in petrol stations?
Be warned.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Lilimax(f): 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
IamZod:

Stop confusing us.
Which of the divide are you on.
You can't be both
smiley
I'm not confusing anybody undecided We thank God for saving the lives of these ones. Jesus Christ is Lord!

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by ajoyeleke(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Throwback:

I hope your mum will not waste her hard earned money treating a stubborn child who craved for agony.

Ur stupidity is like mtn, " every wia u go!!

We all av one time or d other DAT we re so carried away with d activities on our phone, does DAT mean ur generation crave for agony and misfortune?

Ewu hausa undecided
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by prinsam30: 11:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nowenuse:

The fact that you have been doing it and getting away with it does not make you right.
Why do you think usage of mobile phones are prohibited in petrol stations?
Be warned.

I have said it before and I'm still saying it again..... all these are just mere precaution, have you heard or seen any explosion caused by making a phone call at the filling station the reason you don't make phone calls at the filling station is because it will cause an interference to the pump reading
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by troublemakea(m): 11:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

really I dont understand to cause it's what have done times without number n nothing happened to me. me ayam thinking it's village missile o
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by cleanshaven(m): 12:06am On Feb 08, 2018
prinsam30:

I have said it before and I'm still saying it again..... all these are just mere precaution, have you heard or seen any explosion caused by making a phone call at the filling station the reason you don't make phone calls at the filling station is because[b] it will cause an interference to the pump reading [/b]

yepaa see lie , how will phone interfere with pump reading , please let me know .
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by prinsam30: 10:56am On Feb 08, 2018
cleanshaven:

yepaa see lie , how will phone interfere with pump reading , please let me know .

google is ur friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Invites Nigerian To Her Burial Over Lack Of Funds To Treat Herself (Photos) / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) / Nigerian COVID-19 Survivor Shares His Experience At Lagos Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.