Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle (23050 Views)

What Do I Need To Know Before Buying A Nigerian Used Honda Car? / Pls What Should I Check Before Buying This Car? / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by Pennywise(m): 8:08am On Feb 08, 2018
Nothing about security checks? This write up no doubt was meant for American audience. Yes the car is fantastic but may well have been snatched at gunpoint or a side-booty from a kidnapping
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by aolawale025: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2018
Character of the owner. If he has a strong maintenance history. Buy it
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by Softgrip(m): 8:27am On Feb 08, 2018
thanks for sharing information smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by Laralag: 8:36am On Feb 08, 2018
If you are buying a used car from cars45 please test drive it, dont let them tell you otherwise. Most of the cars they sell there are dead cars anyways, talking from experience
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by vertueptime: 8:43am On Feb 08, 2018
3kay945:

What is the effect of that bro?

To beat down price
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by eklassical(m): 8:46am On Feb 08, 2018
Biko how do I confirm from the police? Before or after paying for the car?

Do you know any of their offices in Lagos? I.e SARS

Alexkene:
1. Verify the number plates and check whether the car is a stolen car from Police.

2. Verify that custom papers and check whether duty was paid on the vehicle from Customs.

3. Go with your mechanic to inspect the engine of the car thoroughly to verify if there’s any engine fault or gear issues.

4. You can also go with an autoeletrician (rewire) to check if the car has any electrical faults.

5. Verify the papers to make sure everything is intact.

My 2 cents
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 08, 2018
eklassical:
Biko how do I confirm from the police? Before or after paying for the car?

Do you know any of their offices in Lagos? I.e SARS

Verify from police before paying for the car. You can just visit SARS headquarters in your locality and they will give you more info. For Lagos. It’s in Ikeja.
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by Perfecttouch(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2018
angels09:
Put your source bro. I mean the real source you copied this from
i suspect say no be hin get the writeup since the grammer dey burst brain
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by pally123: 11:00am On Feb 08, 2018
OboOlora:
Copy n paste and still can’t give credit to the source.

The single most important thing is to take it to SARS office to confirm the car is neither stolen nor used for kidnapping prior to your purchase!
Your head dey there
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by pointblank247(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
3kay945:

What is the effect of that bro?
its not a small problem especialy when it was badly done, like in my case. in my case i have to visit the Mechanic at least every three or two months to tighten bolts, without which the car can go out of control due to frequently occuring gap in the steering
Re: Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle by KateFowler7: 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
As far as I know it's really important to check whether this car salvage or damaged in some way. I ordered a car from accident ones and now trying to check everythin before buying. I am currently in Canada and used a customs brokers company https://clearit.ca/online-customs-brokers to order a car and to deliver it to my country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On First Car To Buy / FRSC's Offences & Penalties List / Photos : Accident At Ijesha, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.