Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) (3546 Views)

Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) / Help! My New Passport Keeps Telling Me I Have A Valid Visa I Didn't Apply For / How Do I Apply For A Visa I Am A Plumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by jerflakes(m): 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
My brother applied for italian visa last year, his passport came back with something he doesn't understand

He wants to reapply, but is not too sure

Some people say its something that will prevent you from ever getting a visa to any country

The picture is attached, please does anyone know what this means?

Seun
Lalasticlala
Justwise
Disguy

2 Likes

Re: I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by gentleking90(m): 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
jerflakes:
My brother applied for italian visa last year, his passport came back with something he doesn't understand

Some people say its something that will prevent you from ever getting a visa to any country

Seun
Lalasticlala
Justwise
Disguy

the stamp shows the passport came to the embassy and he was denied the Visa
they will definitely attach a reason why he was denied.
it does not stop him from applying for the visa of another country but any embassy will easily know he was denied before by Italy
Re: I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by jerflakes(m): 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
gentleking90:

the stamp shows the passport came to the embassy and he was denied the Visa
they will definitely attach a reason why he was denied.
it does not stop him from applying for the visa of another country but any embassy will easily know he was denied before by Italy

Thanks man, good work

3 Likes

Re: I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by cocolacec(m): 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
jerflakes:

Seun
Lalasticlala
Justwise
Disguy

The truth is since November 2015 all schengen Embassies share database of all visa applicants . If your brother goes to any schengen country they will see on the database he had already been to Italy.He needs to change his circumstances prior to his new application.
Re: I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by cocolacec(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Changes in Schengen visa application process
As part of the worldwide introduction of the Visa Information System (VIS)1, the Schengen States will launch the VIS (and in the neighbouring countries2) on 2 November 2015. Since October 2011, the VIS has been functioning in seventeen (out of 23) world regions3. All Schengen consulates worldwide will be connected to VIS by the end of November 2015.
The purpose of this global VIS introduction process is to better protect applicants against identity theft and to prevent document fraud and so-called "visa shopping". Fingerprints are widely used within the EU as a more secure means of identification. The use of biometric data for identification purposes of a visa holder is a faster and more accurate way to identify a visa holder by border police.
As from 2 November 2015, Indian citizens requesting a Schengen visa will have to appear in person in order to provide biometric data (fingerprints and digital photography). This concerns the applications for the short-term Schengen visas (max. 90 days in 180 days). For subsequent applications within next 5 years the biometric data will be copied from the previous visa application included in the VIS4.
Apart from that, there will be no change in current procedures such as visa fee or forms. However, the applicants should be aware that due to provisions of biometric data, which might cause at the beginning some disruptions, the first visit to their respective Schengen State Consulate after 2 November 2015 might take a little bit longer.
 Exemptions from the obligation of fingerprinting are provided for the following categories of applicants only:
 Children under 12,
 Persons for whom the collection of fingerprints is physically impossible;
 Sovereigns and other senior members of a royal family, Heads of State and members of the national Governments (with their official delegations and spouses) if they travel for official purposes.

1 Like

Re: I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by lonlytroy(m): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Imagine use-less France stamped my passport and it affected my chance of getting germany visa

All this yeye european countries should better stop stamping people's passport for denying visa
Re: I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by otipoju(m): 2:39am On Feb 08, 2018
The meaning of this VISTA is deep.

Once you apply for a visa in most European embassies, virtually the whole of Europe has youreally identity via your fingerprints.

Good for security purposes.
Re: I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) by jerflakes(m): 4:33am On Feb 08, 2018
Otipoju, ionlytroy, cocolacec and gentleking90

Thank you all for your contribution, and for the enlightenment

Now we're positive that he was denied a visa

He'll try again and if denied again, hell not go to Europe again

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Maldives, How Do I Go About? / This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes / ATAS Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.