Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:17 AM

Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) (44267 Views)

Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos / Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) / Customs Intercepts Military Hardware, Bulletproof Cars Worth 1.2Bn At Ijebu-Ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by ewebiodun: 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
The question I keep asking customs,is it only south West that smuggling takes place. Every importer in the north are honest people that they never get to seize anything up thr

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by emmanuelex1(m): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Then what happened to the money generated?
DrRasheed:
I love that Hameed Ali...
He got PMBs heart..
imaging one trillion revenue he generated against 65billion of 2014 and 15 sum together.
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by dheilaw1(m): 10:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
Quality20:
jamb and customs are working. I just pray atiku doesn't change d guys when he becomes d leader
Biafra leader I guess. Atiku that the pdp has secretly dropped. you Atiku followers go soon hear am wen sule lamido becomes d pdp candidate

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by PreacherMAN1: 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
visijo:
No money.. But see assorted cars
Omo mehn, see big boy toys.....
anyways if you are in Lagos explore the city visit www.ekocityguide.com grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by 989900: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
DrRasheed:
He got PMBs heart..
imaging one trillion revenue he generated [s]against 65billion of 2014 and 15 sum together[/s].

Google is your friend, my friend: N977.09b was generated by customs in 2014.

Stop spreading fake news -- do your own research.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by bejeria101(m): 12:47am On Feb 08, 2018
9jaArea:

Ever heard of a tow van?

Tow cars u havent opened? They dnt tow cars that way if they do,do u knw how many stolen cars wld have been moved? biko dis is a balatant lie,tow a phantom haba!
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by DavSagacity(m): 6:39am On Feb 08, 2018
DrRasheed:
He got PMBs heart..
imaging one trillion revenue he generated against 65billion of 2014 and 15 sum together.

But with all the money he generated into the FG account, Has the president use the money to improve other sectors of the economy that is in need of serious and urgent attention...?
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by Officialshobo(m): 6:42am On Feb 08, 2018
obi58:

What has the 1trillion been used for except to enrich the elite few? How has it been used to improve the lives of the poor majority?
That is left to the FG not Col Ali at least he make revenue from the own administration ������
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by bigboss80s(m): 7:35am On Feb 08, 2018
DrRasheed:
He got PMBs heart..

You are a liar from the pit of hell
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by fajob: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2018
ok
dainformant:
The Nigeria Customs Service has seized some luxury vehicles and contraband items including: 31 assorted vehicles, 8,400 bags of foreign parboiled rice (that’s about 14 trailers) 1,652 cartons of frozen poultry products, 835 jerrycans of vegetable oil, 10 sacks bag of Indian Hemp, 2,208 pieces of used tyres, 159bales of used clothing among others only from 1st – 31st January 2018..

Among the seized vehicles include 4 Rolls Royce, 1 Porche Panamera, 1 Jaguar, 1 Bentley, 2 Lexus Jeep , 2 G wagon, 1 Toyota Land Cruiser, 5 Toyota Corolla, 7 Mercedes Benz among others mostly 2017 models.

These 31 assorted Vehicles alone have a duty paid value of One Billion, Four Hundred and Twenty Nine Million, Nine Hundred and Fifty Three Thousand, Nine Hundred and Forty One Naira, Fifty kobo (N1,429,953,941.50) only.

While some of the vehicles were intercepted along Ijebu Ode Expressway, others were evacuated at various raid in Parkview estate , VI, Banana Island, Alhaji Bankole Crescent Ikeja and Tola Adewunmi Street Maryland.

The owners of these vehicles have been urged to come forward with valid Customs clearance documents otherwise they will be liable to Seizure and subsequent Forfeiture to the Federal Government in-line with laws of the land.

Also, Two containers were seized. While 1/20ft container no. GATU132358/4 was seized for carrying 537 cartons of Indian Whisky as against yeast declared in SGD, 1/40ftContainer no TCLU172184/3 was seized for carrying 60 pieces of used Chest freezers and 570 bundles of gas hose as against condenser for steam polysomic .This is clear case of false declaration which is tantamount to seizure.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/contraband-items-seized-by-nigeria-customs-in-lagos.html
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by DoktaRen(m): 8:51am On Feb 08, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
Guestlander:
ITEM......
QUANTITY......
VALUE.....
DUTY......,
DUTY PAID VALUE......

It will be interesting to see the details of the duty they collected on the weed, if any.

I dey tells you, same thought here
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by skales67(m): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2018
DrRasheed:
He got PMBs heart..

And what impact has the 1 trillion made in the economy and the lives of the common man?

Oga use your head
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by PearlStreet(m): 11:15am On Feb 08, 2018
icon02:

Mangal still smuggles big time up till tomorrow. His trucks might still enter tonight through the Katsina axis.

Are you serious? I thought Ali effectively caged him.

Mangal was so powerful that the guy used to import contraband goods with aircraft, they'll land at the airport and customs officers dare not go near the goods.

Senior Customs officers used to beg Mangal to help them lobby for favourable postings.

Turai Yar Adua was one of his clients

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by Myself2(m): 11:58am On Feb 08, 2018
DrRasheed:
He got PMBs heart..

Please don't insult the customs boss by comparing him with that criminal MB
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by senatorS2(m): 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
is it possible to buy a car from custom service in a cheaper rate
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by 9jaArea: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
bejeria101:

Tow cars u havent opened? They dnt tow cars that way if they do,do u knw how many stolen cars wld have been moved? biko dis is a balatant lie,tow a phantom haba!
Ok... you can go and ask Baba Hameed Ali then
Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
Olalan:
How people procure such expensive cars and refuse to pay duties seems stupid, cause the penalty is seizure.

Exactly my thought. For dealers i can understand cos after buying such expensive cars for 100's of millions they wud rather leave the duty optional for the buyer to pay and offcourse pre informing him about it and at minus duty cost. Its not exactly legal tho bt understandable since its for sale. Bt direct users of these luxury cars shud make sure duty issues are settled b4 they take ownership of the cars.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by histemple: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
ogbiwa:
I don't understand. I believe most owners of these cars are dealers. So I'm wondering, how do they expect to sell these high end cars to high net worth individuals without customs papers? Like I walk into a showroom to pay 15-20m on a car and it won't have duty?

First, those cars belong to very powerful people in the society. I hope you know that customs, police, FRSC etc don't stop certain class of persons in the country?

Can you imagine the customs stopping Saraki, Tinubu, Buhari's family, Oyedepo, Dino, Dogara, Army General etc for customs' paper? Of course those people are above such scrutiny in reality. Nobody bothers them except when under criminal investigation by the FGN.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
Those customs officers must have smoked many samples of the suspected weed exhibits, so as to testify about the potency of the product in court. You can tell by the way they are all trying not to smile as they look at the weed, that every one of them is high as a muffugih.

Naturally, a lot of the sized exhibit weed bales will be retained in the evidence room at the Customs and Immigration Headquarters, for use in training new recruits in the recognition and consumption of the nefarious contraband, all in the interests of law and order, of course.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Dealer Refuses To Be Arrested In South Africa. Photos / Soldiers Kill Vigilante Man In Edo, Free Robber Herdsmen / Man Murdered After Baby Mama Shared His Location In Chicago (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.