Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

The Burning City - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Burning City (3447 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Burning City by warristanley99(m): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
"The Burning City"
If everywhere is set ablaze, Peace running helter-skelter, And love happily travelled overseas, Like Nigerian youths, What is our own gain?.
If guns boom all day and night, If bombs blow our mansions to huts, And our exotic cars are wheelbarrows, Like the burnt Bayelsa. What is our own gain?.
If dark smoke is everywhere, With the voice of babies crying, And a black sun came shining, Like the burning dead, What is our own gain?.
If our biros are dangerous than guns, And if our papers are good coffins, To bury the country in our pockets, Like a man drowned in the sea, What is our own gain?.
If there is no love, there will be no peace. "A man without love can never be a poet" If we fail to have many more poets, Like those Afghanistan and Iran, What is our own gain?.
-WARRI STANLEY

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Burning City by Ekowise(m): 6:49am On Feb 23, 2018
wow!
Re: The Burning City by Ekowise(m): 6:50am On Feb 23, 2018
FTC finally, where's my cake
Re: The Burning City by CoolextPhoenix(m): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2018
very nice
Re: The Burning City by benedictnsi(m): 7:42am On Feb 23, 2018
So which rhyme scheme did you adopt

D poem depicts a troubled mind though....
Re: The Burning City by harjayi(m): 7:42am On Feb 23, 2018
Good
Re: The Burning City by Dayoara: 7:59am On Feb 23, 2018
I fall for it.... It's nice
Re: The Burning City by Lovintus2(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2018
benedictnsi:

I think it's only an English sonnet that has a rhyme scheme. This is a free verse poem.

1 Like

Re: The Burning City by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2018
A man without love cannot be a poet, great line. It looks like a quote.

1 Like

Re: The Burning City by codesty: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2018
Money can buy costumes but not beauty Money can buy idols but not devotion Money can buy books but not wisdom and knowledge Money can buy bed but not rest and sleep Money can buy medicines but not health Money can buy wealth but not health Money can buy clothes but not shame Money can buy food but not hunger Money can buy flowers but not freshness and fragrance Money can buy land but not home (made of human hearts) Money can buy honey but not sweetness Money can buy somethings but not everything Money can buy luxuries but not happiness. by Green Peace
Re: The Burning City by Kindoo: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2018
benedictnsi:
is poem all about rhyme scheme
Rules bottle a man spirit.

1 Like

Re: The Burning City by Kindoo: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2018
benedictnsi:
Is poem all about rhyme scheme?
Rules bottle a man's spirit. let him have his freedom.

1 Like

Re: The Burning City by Kindoo: 11:43am On Feb 23, 2018
Lovintus2:

I think it's only an English sonnet that has a rhyme scheme. This is a free verse poem.

Waiting to get rhyme scheme will make me forget all I have to write

Free verse works well for many

1 Like

Re: The Burning City by skipper9526: 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
Not bad though...

1 Like

Re: The Burning City by Lovintus2(m): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
Kindoo:

Waiting to get rhyme scheme will make me forget all I have to write

Free verse works well for many
Yea sonnet is very difficult. That's why Shakespeare is regarded as one of the greatest

1 Like

Re: The Burning City by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
warristanley99:
"The Burning City"
If everywhere is set ablaze, Peace running helter-skelter, And love happily travelled overseas, Like Nigerian youths, What is our own gain?.
If guns boom all day and night, If bombs blow our mansions to huts, And our exotic cars are wheelbarrows, Like the burnt Bayelsa. What is our own gain?.
If dark smoke is everywhere, With the voice of babies crying, And a black sun came shining, Like the burning dead, What is our own gain?.
If our biros are dangerous than guns, And if our papers are good coffins, To bury the country in our pockets, Like a man drowned in the sea, What is our own gain?.
If there is no love, there will be no peace. "A man without love can never be a poet" If we fail to have many more poets, Like those Afghanistan and Iran, What is our own gain?.
-WARRI STANLEY

I really do enjoyed reading that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can You Put In The Next Line To Rhyme? / Love Is A Figure Of Speech / So Much Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.