Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Tithing!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing!!! (407 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tithing!!! by hadow(m): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
[b][/b]I thank God for granting me enlightenment on this issue to cut straight to the chase the following points are what I have noticed and the truth about tithing.

1. Tithing doesn't and can't save you: Ephesians 2:8-9 which says " For it is by grace you have been saved through faith and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast". And romans 10:13 which says whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved, these and several other scriptures explain what saves us and like the story of the thief at Jesus' right hand he wassnt denied salvation because he hadn't paid his tithe but saved through grace.

2. Now many will say Abraham paid tithe and he was before the law but firstly Abraham didn't pay a monthly installment but a once of payment and he didn't pay a tithe he gave. He wasn't using it to establish some sort of law. By law one had to take 10% of your farm produce to the storehouse. So is there a law in the new testament saying people should tithe No! ( I told my mum this and she lambasted me. Hehehe). Let's read Luke 11:42, where Jesus lambasted the pharisees for paying tithe but abandoning judgement, love of God etc. So Jesus didn't condemn anyone for tithing but he condemned them for abandoning more important matters in fact he says they ought to have paid their tithes. In mark 12 when the widow cast her mite he told his disciples that she has paid more than the other payers simply because she gave all and out of love, she didn't give because she had she gave all she had. What the above verses tell us that in the new covenant giving is no longer a matter of law but a relationship with God. Giving is no longer based on a law but on our love for God.

3. This false attitude of giving is what makes people think God owes them money of God is indebted to them because they think they are still under the law but outside the law under grace and God's love.

4. To those men and women of God who indirectly or directly curse people that don't give a certain high amount we shouldn't worry for we are free from all curses of the law through Christ Jesus' sacrifice for the scriptures say cursed is he who is hanged on a tree. And to those who reserve special seats for the high tithe payers they should remember that God is not a respecter of person.

5. So if you love God you won't focus on giving just a tenth but way more than that. I hope it has been of help may God be with us.

( An inspiration of the holy spirit and also part para phrase of pastor Daniel Phaladi of tehilla outreach ministries ( check Facebook) message on tithing).
Re: Tithing!!! by petra1(m): 8:29am On Feb 09, 2018
Tithe’s and offerings are eternal principles . Either you give it daily monthly yearly it depends on your streams of income .

(1) (Reply)

Celebrity Church Or Jesus Church? / How To Live A Good Life - / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide(acn)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.